Car insurance

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
Somchai499
udonmap.com

Car insurance

Post by Somchai499 » July 9, 2020, 12:48 pm

I am about to buy a new car. And want to protect it with a good insurance policy.

Can any of you please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Car insurance

Post by jackspratt » July 9, 2020, 12:51 pm

Somchai499 wrote:
July 9, 2020, 12:48 pm
I am about to buy a new car. And want to protect it with a good insurance policy.

Many thanks
Sales of new cars often come with the first year's insurance thrown in for "free".

Have you checked that out?

Somchai499
udonmap.com

Post by Somchai499 » July 9, 2020, 12:52 pm

Not yet, but I will. Thank you very much

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 15, 2020, 11:04 pm

Somchai499 wrote:
July 9, 2020, 12:48 pm

Many thanks
If it is a Honda, I got 12 months Free No 1 (think that is what we call Comprehensive), when I bought the car 15 months ago, from Honda on the road to Khon Kaen, as part of the purchase deal. Pretty sure it also covered for "Any Driver" as long as the had a Licence, were over 21 or thereabouts and sober.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 16, 2020, 7:13 am

Most insurance companies offer what they call Number One insurance which is basically Comphrehensive Insurance, you can cherry pick drivers , and other minor details include if you wish a get you home insurance following a breakdown as well.
You can also pay the mandatory 3rd party Porabor Insurance required by the Govt included.
The Insurance used by car dealers gives them a cut, so unless you really like your car dealer, it is opften a cheaper option to seek other insurance cover after the First years 'Free' insurance expires .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 16, 2020, 9:53 am

This thread is worth a read, if you haven't already done so:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... lit=roojai

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 16, 2020, 11:28 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 16, 2020, 7:13 am
Most insurance companies offer what they call Number One insurance which is basically Comphrehensive Insurance, you can cherry pick drivers , and other minor details include if you wish a get you home insurance following a breakdown as well.
You can also pay the mandatory 3rd party Porabor Insurance required by the Govt included.
The Insurance used by car dealers gives them a cut, so unless you really like your car dealer, it is opften a cheaper option to seek other insurance cover after the First years 'Free' insurance expires .
My experience after two vehicle purchases and accepting the 1-year free 1st class insurance saw me shopping for and getting a better deal than the renewal offered by the original 'free' insurance company. I managed savings of around 5k baht by going to a broker and getting some quotes. That was before the advent of roojai and other low-overhead online insurers.

If/when I feel like buying a new vehicle, I am going to get my own insurance (probably roojai) and ask the dealer to give me something meaningful like a ~20 k baht discount!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 16, 2020, 5:46 pm

tamada wrote:
July 16, 2020, 11:28 am
Khun Paul wrote:
July 16, 2020, 7:13 am
My experience after two vehicle purchases and accepting the 1-year free 1st class insurance saw me shopping for and getting a better deal than the renewal offered by the original 'free' insurance company. I managed savings of around 5k baht by going to a broker and getting some quotes. That was before the advent of roojai and other low-overhead online insurers.

If/when I feel like buying a new vehicle, I am going to get my own insurance (probably roojai) and ask the dealer to give me something meaningful like a ~20 k baht discount!
555 !! Good Luck with that Tam.....555 !!

Return to “Insurance”