Coronavirus Policy - update

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Coronavirus Policy - update

Post by stattointhailand » March 22, 2020, 3:39 pm

AA Ins Broker wrote:
March 22, 2020, 3:29 pm
Any further info please email : [email protected]
Thanks for all the answers, but what I meant to say in Q4 - Do I need to obtain an medical clearance certificate from a hospital in my country overseas, to submit with my Application, in order to qualify for/satisfy the Broker to get the Insurance Policy Cover, or will the Policy Cover be issued to me without one?

Nothing to do with what the Thai Immigration may or may not want
[/quote]

Sorry misread - no you do not need a certificate but you do need to be in Thailand to apply

Peter
[/quote]

Doesnt that sorta contradict the first three answers that you gave pipoz saying he could get insurance to enable him to enter the country in April?

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » March 23, 2020, 4:09 pm

One thing that may be relevant is that, if you come to Thailand and rely on the medical expenses section of a travel policy, this will be void as you are travelling to a country against government advice.

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Post by AA Ins Broker » March 26, 2020, 9:47 am

The Underwriters have just told us that from today there will be 14 day waiting period for the Virus policies.
This is worrying as they have more fact than ‘we’ do.

Take care everyone
Peter
[email protected]

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 26, 2020, 9:58 am

AA Ins Broker wrote:
March 26, 2020, 9:47 am
The Underwriters have just told us that from today there will be 14 day waiting period for the Virus policies.
This is worrying as they have more fact than ‘we’ do.

Take care everyone
Peter
[email protected]
I will be wanting one, have to go to immigration in a couple of weeks ,and I can see them wanting to see that I'm covered
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » March 27, 2020, 1:58 pm

Just done the covid-19 policy from peter so will give you the info as you know insurance reps will tell you nothing
Coverages / Benefits PLAN 4
Sum Insured (Baht)- Illness orCriticalIllnesscausedbyCoronavirusInfection(Coronavirus(2019-nCoV))**1,000,000
- Medical Expenses from Coronavirus Infection (Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)) per year 100,000
basically medical expenses for the plan 4 are 100,000 baht but illness or critical illness 1 million i dont understand that ? . There is also 100 baht for posting the policy to you so i paid total 950 baht
The form is sent as a pdf file which is hard to fill in . I had to download acrobat reader and even then was not easy.
Transferred from atm and asked for peters phone number so i could put in the atm transfer so he would get sent a text saying the money was transferred but would not give me his number so had to photo the receipt and email . Not understand that as i gave him my name address phone number passport photo etc but not trust me with his phone number.
I wonder how many people like me never get insurance as they are so secretive and will never give you the quote you ask for been after health insurance for years and have asked for dozens of quotes but never got one

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Post by AA Ins Broker » March 28, 2020, 4:41 pm

dragonz wrote:
March 27, 2020, 1:58 pm
Just done the covid-19 policy from peter so will give you the info as you know insurance reps will tell you nothing
Sum Insured (Baht)- Illness orCriticalIllnesscausedbyCoronavirusInfection(Coronavirus(2019-nCoV))**1,000,000
- Medical Expenses from Coronavirus Infection (Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)) per year 100,000
basically medical expenses for the plan 4 are 100,000 baht but illness or critical illness 1 million i dont understand that ? . There is also 100 baht for posting the policy to you so i paid total 950 baht
The form is sent as a pdf file which is hard to fill in . I had to download acrobat reader and even then was not easy.
Transferred from atm and asked for peters phone number so i could put in the atm transfer so he would get sent a text saying the money was transferred but would not give me his number so had to photo the receipt and email . Not understand that as i gave him my name address phone number passport photo etc but not trust me with his phone number.
I wonder how many people like me never get insurance as they are so secretive and will never give you the quote you ask for been after health insurance for years and have asked for dozens of quotes but never got one
dragonz : sorry you found the PDF form hard to complete, I shall inform the insurance company for you as the way they present their form is out of our hands.
We posted the Virus Policy with details of the coverage/premiums on Udon Map some days ago
Phone number : no secret it’s 0818056717 but still need forms/notices etc in email form for traceability – that from the OIC (Office of the Insurance Commission)
Again, nothing secret about quotes you but you have not asked us - we always send them out, sometimes more than the customer can handle as some customers have complained!

Peter
[email protected]

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 28, 2020, 5:15 pm

Peter, can you clear something up please ....

earlier in the thread someone asked the following questions to which you said he could get insurance

Hi and if I am overseas (been out side Thailand for the past 4 months) working in a low risk Country, and if I now wish to travel Back to Thailand for a 10-12 day visit next month end of April, can I buy the required insurance,
Yes you can

Q1.To protect /provide me with the insurance - medical treatment & hospital cover, while I am on holiday in Thailand
Yes - against the Virus

Q2.That will satisfy the Thai Authorities/Immigration allowing me to enter into Thailand
Yes if you need to show a policy that you are insured for the Virus

Then in a later post you stated that you had to be in Thailand to get the insurance which invalidates the other answers.

I have a friend in UK hoping to travel here as soon as he is allowed, can you confirm one way or the other if he can get insurance from your company please Thanks

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » March 29, 2020, 1:29 pm

AA Ins Broker wrote:
March 28, 2020, 4:41 pm
dragonz wrote:
dragonz : sorry you found the PDF form hard to complete, I shall inform the insurance company for you as the way they present their form is out of our hands.
We posted the Virus Policy with details of the coverage/premiums on Udon Map some days ago
Phone number : no secret it’s 0818056717 but still need forms/notices etc in email form for traceability – that from the OIC (Office of the Insurance Commission)
Again, nothing secret about quotes you but you have not asked us - we always send them out, sometimes more than the customer can handle as some customers have complained!

Peter
[email protected]
sorry was not getting at you but this insurance took me 2 hours to complete with a 20km bike ride . My wife did the same policy with the same company today for herself and my 2 boys in 10 minutes on her phone . If this was not as important as it is i would not have bothered with the work .I never seen the policy until after i paid and it is all in thai , no english at all so now i am looking for another policy in english and will write that one off. No use to me if i cannot read it.
LASt time i was in uk got a year cover when i came back over the phone . cost 300 pounds cover up to 5 million pounds for hospital but more important did it on the phone in 10 minutes
The fact is insurance companies have adopted the same culture as scammers over the year .Do not give any info until you get their phone number . I have asked for at least 30 quotes for health insurance over the last 10 years and got exactly 0 quotes as i do not give my correct phone number . I did give one to thai expat insurance but clicked the box contact by email only . had about 50 calls in 2 weeks , kept blocking the number and a new one would call .i am sure nearly every member on here has tried without success to get an insurance quote at some time.
If you told people what the basic cover was and the average cost i am sure you would sell more but the culture of secrecy is deeply embedded . If i had 1 quote which i thought was reasonable for health insurance i would have bought it but cannot do so as nobody will tell me the cost online

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Post by AA Ins Broker » March 30, 2020, 12:45 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 28, 2020, 5:15 pm

earlier in the thread someone asked the following questions to which you said he could get insurance

Hi and if I am overseas (been out side Thailand for the past 4 months) working in a low risk Country, and if I now wish to travel Back to Thailand for a 10-12 day visit next month end of April, can I buy the required insurance,
Yes you can

Q1.To protect /provide me with the insurance - medical treatment & hospital cover, while I am on holiday in Thailand
Yes - against the Virus

Q2.That will satisfy the Thai Authorities/Immigration allowing me to enter into Thailand

Then in a later post you stated that you had to be in Thailand to get the insurance which invalidates the other answers.

I have a friend in UK hoping to travel here as soon as he is allowed, can you confirm one way or the other if he can get insurance from your company please Thanks
The requirements are changing* as we progress into this upheaval and he will now have to take a Travel Insurance policy before he leaves the UK - as presumably he is a tourist and so no Health Insurance Policy covering Thailand?
To satisfy the requirements of the Virus Policy a Visa now needs to be submitted.
*good example is the 14 days waiting period they have just introduced

Please send my email address and ask him to contact me direct when travel restrictions have been lifted

Peter
[email protected]

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Post by AA Ins Broker » March 30, 2020, 1:04 pm

dragonz wrote:
March 29, 2020, 1:29 pm
AA Ins Broker wrote:
dragonz wrote:

Peter
[email protected]
sorry was not getting at you but this insurance took me 2 hours to complete with a 20km bike ride . My wife did the same policy with the same company today for herself and my 2 boys in 10 minutes on her phone . If this was not as important as it is i would not have bothered with the work .I never seen the policy until after i paid and it is all in thai , no english at all so now i am looking for another policy in english and will write that one off. No use to me if i cannot read it.
LASt time i was in uk got a year cover when i came back over the phone . cost 300 pounds cover up to 5 million pounds for hospital but more important did it on the phone in 10 minutes
The fact is insurance companies have adopted the same culture as scammers over the year .Do not give any info until you get their phone number . I have asked for at least 30 quotes for health insurance over the last 10 years and got exactly 0 quotes as i do not give my correct phone number . I did give one to thai expat insurance but clicked the box contact by email only . had about 50 calls in 2 weeks , kept blocking the number and a new one would call .i am sure nearly every member on here has tried without success to get an insurance quote at some time.
If you told people what the basic cover was and the average cost i am sure you would sell more but the culture of secrecy is deeply embedded . If i had 1 quote which i thought was reasonable for health insurance i would have bought it but cannot do so as nobody will tell me the cost online
Dragonz
We suggest you complete the online form – can ignore the phone number if you so wish - and we can get back to you with different options

https://www.aainsure.net/quote_healt_insurance.html

Peter

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » March 30, 2020, 3:15 pm

AA Ins Broker wrote:
March 30, 2020, 12:45 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
March 28, 2020, 5:15 pm

Yes you can

Yes - against the Virus

The requirements are changing* as we progress into this upheaval and he will now have to take a Travel Insurance policy before he leaves the UK - as presumably he is a tourist and so no Health Insurance Policy covering Thailand?
As indicated earlier, in my opinion, a travel policy will not work as they will exclude circumstances where travel is to countries that your Government has recommended you avoid.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 2, 2020, 7:33 am

AA Ins Broker wrote:
March 30, 2020, 1:04 pm
dragonz wrote:
March 29, 2020, 1:29 pm
AA Ins Broker wrote:
dragonz wrote:

Peter
[email protected]
Dragonz
We suggest you complete the online form – can ignore the phone number if you so wish - and we can get back to you with different options

https://www.aainsure.net/quote_healt_insurance.html

Peter
Broke my own advice buying this policy .I assumed you worked for the ins companies and would be easier to go through you and all would be in english .Got an email from aa insure they do not have the policy in english . She had never heard of you and assumed i sent the application myself . ? Seems you just got my details and sent of for the insurance as if you were me . Exactly the same if i did it myself ? I now have a policy in thai , have no idea what
Illness orCriticalIllnesscausedbyCoronavirusInfection(Coronavirus(2019-nCoV))**1,000,000 means . I assume it means if i die ?Have no idea what the exclusions are.Pretty much useless having a policy you cannot read or understand don`t you think ?

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 10, 2020, 7:06 am

As my 6 month resident requirement is drawing near I have been looking at this coverage, good English site and there is a PDF file download with the policy wording in English Note:- there is a disclaimer saying the translation is not official and the Thai version of the download is binding. Is saying that it looks OK to me.

https://www.roojai.com/en/covid/?utm_so ... dium=covid
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Return to “Insurance”