Thai Medical Insurance for Immigration

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
Bread Man
udonmap.com

Thai Medical Insurance for Immigration

Post by Bread Man » January 2, 2019, 3:03 pm

Does anyone know if the Immigration Office in Udon Thani will require compulsory Medical Insurance when renewing their yearly visa? I am a Diabetic and cannot find cover here in Thailand. I have lived here for 16 years and have regular check ups at the hospital. My home country offers Insurance at sky high prices but I would have to live there to qualify for this. Talk about a Bummer!
Thanks in advance....

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: Thai Medical Insurance for Immigration

Post by semperfiguy » January 2, 2019, 7:39 pm

Bread Man, this is only a tentative government proposal and is far from being formerly authorized. Besides that, the interpretation thus far is that the medical insurance will only be a requirement for those requesting a new Non 0-A visa from outside the country, and it hasn't specifically mentioned those who are already in Thailand and on an annual extension of stay. You should be okay!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Bread Man
udonmap.com

Post by Bread Man » January 2, 2019, 8:06 pm

Thanks everyone for that, it's a relief .....
Last edited by Bread Man on January 3, 2019, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 3, 2019, 9:47 am

Bread Man wrote:
January 2, 2019, 8:06 pm
Thanks for that, it's a relief if I correct....
there is a new Police order due very very soon about income proof, there may be something else as well, if there is nothing in it about insurance (nobody has suggested there will be) then you are safe
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “Insurance”