RooJai Car and Motorbike Insurance

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: RooJai Car and Motorbike Insurance

Post by jackspratt » December 30, 2019, 11:25 am

I have an email from Roojai in November, confirming they have covered me for the coming 12 months, but as I turn 70 mid-year, will not cover me after Nov 2020.

So after 70, you need to look for a new insurer.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 30, 2019, 9:24 pm

jackspratt wrote:
December 30, 2019, 11:25 am
I have an email from Roojai in November, confirming they have covered me for the coming 12 months, but as I turn 70 mid-year, will not cover me after Nov 2020.

If you are single, it's the only option. However, I recall that some guys have got their (younger) wife down as the primary driver and they manage to get coverage on the same policy when listed as the additional driver. May be an option for some?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 30, 2019, 9:44 pm

You can probably get a policy under your wife's name - but if you have a prang while you are driving, not covered.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 31, 2019, 1:25 am

jackspratt wrote:

70 ,, 70 ... you must ov had an easy life Jack,, u dont look a day over 68.

back on topic .. You get what you pay for ..Virayah has always been the insurer of choice for DM .. and my broker lives n Adunyadhet rd , Mr Joe .. superb service for many years , he gives agent discounts from the main quote and his office is full of really top totty.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » February 3, 2020, 4:52 am

Hoopoe wrote:
December 30, 2019, 11:02 am
Barney
They know my age. 65 .They have all the details regarding the truck.
As far as I can see it's not much better than 3rd party insurance. The only difference is to have a claim on your vehicle you have to hit someones vehicle or someones vehicle hit you
No I didn't phone them. I'd sooner trust what is written than someone's verbals...what is written is what a claim is based on. Not what was said.
just like any sales person they'll say what they think you want to hear.
please accept my apology , on this post , i have now found that the original site that i looked at regarding this insurance ,would not allow me to look at further info re the 3rd party ,named /un named drivers etc , coverage on your vehicle , , med expenses ,with the options to increase the med cover ,etc , now being able to see all the cover .
so basically i was wrong in my assessment .
also the collision with anything other than vehicles is not covered still stands but then this is number 2 insurance .
so on that basis it seems i'm about to accept it ,

sparticus1
udonmap.com

Post by sparticus1 » June 16, 2020, 10:14 am

Has anyone got a quote for a big bike from this company yet?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 16, 2020, 11:09 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 31, 2019, 1:25 am
jackspratt wrote:

70 ,, 70 ... you must ov had an easy life Jack,, u dont look a day over 68.

back on topic .. You get what you pay for ..Virayah has always been the insurer of choice for DM .. and my broker lives n Adunyadhet rd , Mr Joe .. superb service for many years , he gives agent discounts from the main quote and his office is full of really top totty.

DM
Me to, couldn't get a lot of sense out of Roojai, so I arranged from someone to go to VIRIYAH for me. Their Office on Thanhan Road, about 20 meters past the entrance to the new Air Force Hospital - Wing Defence Force 23, heading towards town.

Insured the Honda Jazz (one year old) for around just under B 12,000 from memory, for what they called No 1 Insurance. Don't have all the details on Excess etc with me. Think it is covered for Fire but not Theft. Quick and efficient.

I will check out the Totty when I am allowed back into Thailand.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 19, 2020, 5:31 pm

jackspratt wrote:

Just an update on this.

I received an email from Roojai, inviting me to insure for the coming year - starting in November for my vehicle.

When I queried them re the 70yo age limit, they told me - and confirmed by email - that the insurer had agreed on a further year, as I had not made a claim.

They further said that ongoing coverage after that would be at the discretion of the insurer - based I imagine on whether or not I lodge a claim.

Premium was similar to last year.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » January 5, 2021, 10:35 am

so what brand(s) of insurance does roojai use ? thanks.. ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 5, 2021, 1:11 pm

I have been with them for over two years and the insurance is underwritten by Krungthai Panich Insurance (KPI).

https://www.kpi.co.th/

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 6, 2021, 6:41 am

FYI

I am in my third year with Roojai and my insurance premium went up on the last renewal, I went onto the help desk and complained and it was dropped to just a little lower than last year, so don't just accept premium hikes.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » January 6, 2021, 9:07 am

hi vince , is it the same krungthai insurance as tam?..i have heard roojai uses different companies? ;)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 6, 2021, 9:53 am

I am surprised that any Insurance company uses the drivers age as a guide, as it is the CAR/Motorcycle that is insured normally, same as Porobor ot is the CAR that is covered and Driver ( age not specific ). Seems to me thay6 prefer a younger driver with a possibility of less accidents, which judging by the national stats makes no sense at all.
My insurance company has never asked my age , age of the car yes, but not mine.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 6, 2021, 9:58 am

Had Class 1 Insurance on DMax for 15 years (bought and insured in TW's name) with Mittare Insurance:-
http://www.insurancethailand.info/insur ... rance.html
We have never had to declared a 2nd driver. Had 2 claims over that period, me driving = never a problem, excellent service, own choice of repairers. Our agent here in Ban Dung has never questioned my age.

We insured a 2nd car with them in 2017 and received a 4500 Baht discount on the quoted new car premium, which is still in place.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 6, 2021, 11:17 am

kopkei wrote:
January 6, 2021, 9:07 am
hi vince , is it the same krungthai insurance as tam?..i have heard roojai uses different companies? ;)

I don't think they do, yes the same.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » January 8, 2021, 3:42 pm

thanks for the answers , i will pass on roojai as i do not like anything affiliated with the krungthai bank...
they are not the example of trustworthy .... ;)

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » January 9, 2021, 1:24 am

Roojai insurance ,all seems well , just one very annoying thing ,the re-newal reminders ,every few days , started three months before due date ,i did write a pissed off with it email , they have responded with a reminder just once a week ffs .

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 9, 2021, 5:05 pm

One wonders with the requirement ofr Drivers ages ( unheard of with my ins ) and constant reminders, just how good they are at other mundane things like repairing said vehicle/another car provided and other simple things. I have no idea,I use Mittare Ins not one complaint

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » January 13, 2021, 7:41 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
January 9, 2021, 1:24 am
Roojai insurance ,all seems well , just one very annoying thing ,the re-newal reminders ,every few days , started three months before due date ,i did write a pissed off with it email , they have responded with a reminder just once a week ffs .
I agree with you on that one. They send constant emails, letters and phone calls, starting at the 90 day before renewal date. Very annoying. yet when I called them for clarification on something in my renewal, there was nobody available to help me (probably all too busy sending out renewal notices :) )

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 13, 2021, 9:49 pm

^ I simply renewed early and the "annoying" emails stopped.

Return to “Insurance”