RooJai Car and Motorbike Insurance

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
Chriss
udonmap.com

Re: RooJai Car and Motorbike Insurance

Post by Chriss » November 24, 2019, 6:03 pm

Thanks for your comments. I've asked Roojai for a complete policy run down using my truck as the example. Looks like they may have a new customer.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 6, 2019, 2:40 pm

Quick question for Roojai customers regarding the freebies like fuel or shopping rewards. Are these displayed and claimed via their app on the smartphone? I don't recall getting anything in the mail and they've just emailed me a renewal reminder (due next February) offering more rewards. I haven't found/claimed any rewards from the first purchase yet.

ta
tam

thecroc4
udonmap.com

Post by thecroc4 » December 6, 2019, 3:19 pm

I insured my truck and car with roojai earlier this year.When I received my certificates for both vehicles , I also received my 2 free fuel cards . If i can remember right, my wife had to state what we wanted over the phone.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 6, 2019, 3:40 pm

We just renewed and we got a text message from Roojai with a reference number on it. We showed this to the PT attendant who knew exactly what was going on and redeemed it for 500 baht of petrol. They don’t issue petrol cards any more.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Manxlad
udonmap.com

Post by Manxlad » December 6, 2019, 3:43 pm

Tam...we took out car insurance for the first time with roojai last month
We received nothing with the documents or in the post voucher wise, so mrs M called them.
They don’t send anything out now, and you have to go onto their Facebook page and like and share and this activates your eligibility for whichever voucher you select, you presumably have to submit your mobile number as they send a PTT petrol code via sms and this is shown at the PTT station and hey presto ..1000bht worth of fuel is yours.
A bit confusing but it does work
If you need further info PM me and I’ll get my Mrs to run through it with your good lady
Hope this helps.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 6, 2019, 3:46 pm

I think it’s PT not PTT and when you renew it’s 500 not 1000, didn’t have to do anything on their Facebook page either time.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » December 6, 2019, 6:24 pm

Just changed to Roojai & got new Policy.
Had to give a comment on Facebook to qualify for 1000 baht fuel voucher.
Can choose from PTT or PT.
I recieved my policy yesterday but no fuel voucher.

Looks like I will have to contact them as to why I did nor get it.
By the way I am very happy with the Policy as I was Quoted 16,500 from Virayah
Roojai 7,200 for the same cover but only using their selected garages for repair.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 6, 2019, 6:26 pm

Thanks for the replies. I had a quick squiz at their app and there's a rewards menu and among other things there's the 1000 baht fillup at PT mentioned. Once I click it, the help prompt says it will display a code on the phone that the PT 'dek pump' will know how to process. So I backed out of that for now until I find the nearest PT station... and the need to fill up.

To be on the safe side, I will ask them. When I signed up, I did everything online apart from a couple of phone calls from their sales asking for some stuff I had already sent online. No mention of the rewards on those short chats.

I don't do FB so I hope their smartphone-only member login is acceptable. I like them a lot but not enough to sign up for that nonsense again.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 6, 2019, 7:20 pm

There’s the new PT on the ring road past the Tap just before you turn left at the Nong Bua Lumphu T junction.

Manxlad
udonmap.com

Post by Manxlad » December 6, 2019, 7:30 pm

Hi vince....your quite correct, my mistake it is PT not PTT, I’m easily confused these days that’s why I leave the most things to the Mrs 555 ( it would take a good man to get one over on her!)
our policy was not a renewal but a first time sign up with roojai so it was 1000 bht
But if what you say is correct then a 500 bht voucher on a renewal is still better than what was offered on our past insurers
Curious too see what they will quote me when my motorcycle policy with another company is up next February. Do you get vouchers as a new motorcycle policy customer? Hope so

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 7, 2019, 12:00 am

vincemunday wrote:
December 6, 2019, 7:20 pm
There’s the new PT on the ring road past the Tap just before you turn left at the Nong Bua Lumphu T junction.
Brilliant! I can top up on the (longer) way home.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » December 7, 2019, 8:49 am

Just claimed my 1000 baht voucher.
You can choose PT or Susco.
I received a 10 digit number on my phone.
Do you just show this number at the garage to claim the fuel.

Fatone
udonmap.com

Post by Fatone » December 7, 2019, 7:22 pm

Yup, just show it to the assistant on the pump. My little car wouldn't hold 1,000b of fuel. so they gave me back 400b in cash. After we did that they loaded another 500b onto the phone. Be aware there is a time limit to use it, a month I think.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 12, 2019, 9:01 pm

Since my freebies weren't enabled, I sent a message to their customer service via their app. Got a phone call the following morning explaining they were sending me a link via sms that would take me to their website where I could post my 👍. After that, the freebies would be enabled. I've got the link so I'll probably do that this weekend and top up. Good service again!

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » December 15, 2019, 3:35 pm

Smart marketing. All your friends probably see the Like

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 15, 2019, 4:12 pm

ajarnudon wrote:
December 15, 2019, 3:35 pm
Smart marketing. All your friends probably see the Like
What's smarter is not making the 'like' option exclusive to FB which I don't use. My like and associated comment will appear on their website (and probably their FB page) as 'anonymous roojai' customer.

I don't have any friends anyway.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 16, 2019, 6:28 pm

Tam Said......I don't have any friends anyway.......Ahhhh !! Never Mind....

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » December 30, 2019, 5:30 am

Hy Guys having read through all these post ,i thought maybe it's time i finally got some insurance after 13 years only on the compulsary insurance ,due to being ripped off with the first year cover ,
I'm getting older and reactions etc are not what they used to be , so i got a quote from Roojai ,(a mint 14 year old pre-runner )here it is

Collision not involving another vehicle Not covered
Collision involving another vehicle up to 248,000 THB
Windscreen Not covered
Towing up to 20% of repair costs
Fire / Theft / Flood up to 248,000 THB
Other natural hazards (except flood) Not covered

This is type 2 as they don't do type 1 on the older vehicles ,so they're telling me ,
collision not involving another vehicle NOT COVERED ,
Other natural Hazards ,NOT COVERED ,

There are many reasons as to why you can have a collision not involving another vehicle ,
eg , oil on the rd Especially during the first rains , putting you in the ditch ,into a wall etc ,the list goes on and on ,
Ha and the natural hazards ,do i really have to list these , materials falling from other vehicles, high wind blown debris ,
Evasive action avoiding a crazy fck on the wrong side of the rd ,thereby putting you in the ditch ,but missing a head on collision ,
ALL and more NOT COVERED ,
seems i'll be getting further quotes from elsewhere , before making any decisions ,

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » December 30, 2019, 9:31 am

Did you talk to them on the phone for clarification.
I’m interested for future reference as I have their policies on both my cars.
You say you getting older? Was you age mentioned in the policy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » December 30, 2019, 11:02 am

Barney
They know my age. 65 .They have all the details regarding the truck.
As far as I can see it's not much better than 3rd party insurance. The only difference is to have a claim on your vehicle you have to hit someones vehicle or someones vehicle hit you
No I didn't phone them. I'd sooner trust what is written than someone's verbals...what is written is what a claim is based on. Not what was said.
just like any sales person they'll say what they think you want to hear.

Return to “Insurance”