RooJai Car and Motorbike Insurance

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
vincemunday
udonmap.com

RooJai Car and Motorbike Insurance

Post by vincemunday » November 23, 2018, 6:58 am

There's a relatively new online insurance on the market called RooJai https://www.roojai.com , they cover cars and motorcycles and it's owned by Krungthai Bank so they're not an overnight throw away insurance company. Recently I used their service, I've been with Virya for years after being told they're the best, however, after checking the cover I find they're identical, but.... RooJai also incorporate several other added bonuses including breakdown cover, a one time refuel if you run out of petrol and much more. To be fair, the excess is much more than Virya who ask for B1000, RooJai ask for B5000 and they ask for named drivers but that shouldn't bother most of us. Their quotes are extremely competetive, you'll get several discounts one of which is given if you have a car camera and you'll most likely find that the 5% off will more than cover the price of a camera on Lazada so it's well worth having. Most things are dealt with through their superb app, even the initial examination but also things like accident reporting, breakdown and emergency numbers are there, it's the best app of its kind I've ever seen. On the downside I've never had to make a claim but if it's as slick as getting a quote, installing the app and initiating cover I'm not worried, go ahead and give these guys a try, I'm sure you will save thousands. When you call these people to finalise your quote I'd recommend you ask for Bow, she speaks really good English. Www.roojai.com

P.s. Once you've started they give you a B1000 fuel card to use at PTT, this might be a time limited offer.

N.b. I am not affiliated with RooJai in any way, I'm not an insurance broker and I'm posting this based off of my own experience.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: RooJai Car and Motorbike Insurance

Post by tamada » November 23, 2018, 5:04 pm

Good to hear that you've pulled the trigger and gone with roojai. I got an impressive quote when I first heard about them maybe 4 or 5 months ago. That was via the big forum and AFAIK nobody has mentioned signing up yet. Everyone was yacking up their being cheap therefore they must be dodgy and not appreciating that they do it by leveraging a whole slew of new technologies rather than the old school model with regional, air conditioned offices overstaffed with ladies playing on their smartphones.

My insurance falls due Q1 next year so you've got a couple of months to have a prang and fully assess their so far impressive deliverables.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 23, 2018, 7:59 pm

As I say above, they're part of Krungthai Bank so they're hopefully a reliable outfit and HOPEFULLY the prang won't happen but if it does.... watch this space.

By the by, we used the thousand baht petrol card in PTT and that was accepted without any fuss so everything's looking good so far.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 23, 2018, 8:06 pm

I got my online quote today on both my cars and the rates were one-half what I have been paying. My first car's insurance doesn't expire until next February, so I'll probably give Roojai a go at that time. Please keep us informed if anyone discovers that there are problems with this company.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 24, 2018, 1:56 pm

^ In line with my quote and I already have a decent, low rate with AXA with all the discounts.

I recall asking roojai back then about retaining a higher residual (write-off or replacement) value and without getting into specifics, they suggested they could be quite flexible. I appreciate that the premium would increase but if their base quote is already bargain-basement than this could be very attractive. I only ever managed to get a better replacement cost on a first renewal when I was with both Liberty Mutual before the current AXA but they balked at even quoting that option when the car is more than 2 years old. If the current, almost 4 year-old sports lorry gets written off, I would be lucky to get the price of a used Suzuki Swift out of them.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » January 7, 2019, 7:16 pm

Purchased the RooJai insurance today on my 2015 Isuzu highlander.
Just short of 9,000 bht. Full #1 cover. Vehicle to value of 660,000 plus 2000 bht cover for my hydraulic lift back cover. That's the only extra I have.
1st time user gets many free stuff, roadside, battery, fuel if you run out when remote, few more things.
Discount for dashcam.

More than 5,000 bht less than my usual insurer.

I think it is worth getting your usual insurance provider quote and check the comparison with an online quote fro RooJai.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » January 7, 2019, 8:24 pm

Just make sure that none of the drivers of that vehicle are 71 or older. I have exchanged email communications with them and they will definitely not cover an accident by ANY driver of that age under any circumstances. That was a deal killer for me; otherwise, I could have saved about 8,000 on two autos.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » January 8, 2019, 9:50 am

semperfiguy wrote:
January 7, 2019, 8:24 pm
Just make sure that none of the drivers of that vehicle are 71 or older. I have exchanged email communications with them and they will definitely not cover an accident by ANY driver of that age under any circumstances. That was a deal killer for me; otherwise, I could have saved about 8,000 on two autos.
I am no where near that old f..t age of 70, but good point you make, you may well be correct in your communication with RooJai but it was raised when my GF did the policy on the phone yesterday when detailing who would drive the vehicle and the age of the driver and i was under the opinion from that short conversation that the age limit above 70 might be covered by an additional excess for that additional nominated driver. Perhaps people should still go for a quote and check this age subject with them when getting the quote.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 16, 2019, 2:55 pm

OK, insurance renewal received from my carrier of the previous 3 years and including the 30% NCB, it's dropped from 16.9 k baht last year to 14.9 k baht for this year, including the compulsory. Not too bad.

Jumped onto roojai who had already impressed on a exploratory quote last year and plugging in the 2014 Ranger 3.2 WT A/T, any driver and a 5000 baht excess, same as previous years, they offered me the same coverage for 8 k baht, excluding the compulsory insurance. Interesting, so I had a look 'inside'.

The total loss coverage was a surprising 639 k baht which is better than the existing renewal offer by 99 k baht and almost the same as my current carrier offered LAST year. Sweet! But since the sports lorry is just out of warranty and Ford's free roadside assist this year, I am impressed to see that as a new customer, roojai is including free roadside assist and 12 months warranty on repairs (t+c apply).

Is this a no-brainer or what?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 16, 2019, 3:12 pm

You will also get a 1000 baht debit card to use in PTT, it works I used mine, you get one free fill up if you run out of petrol and they guarantee to be at the scene of an accident in thirty minutes, the app is great, it has all the emergency numbers on it too, totally impressed.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 19, 2019, 12:28 pm

vincemunday wrote:
January 16, 2019, 3:12 pm
You will also get a 1000 baht debit card to use in PTT, it works I used mine, you get one free fill up if you run out of petrol and they guarantee to be at the scene of an accident in thirty minutes, the app is great, it has all the emergency numbers on it too, totally impressed.
Hi Vince, I have had the subsequent reminder email from roojai offering the 1000 baht 'rewards'. Is that solely a gas card or accepted elsewhere? They have Bangkok Airways Carl's Jr and Tesco-Lotus logo's on their email shot.

Notably, their latest offer is now 7.7 k baht for a single, up-front payment.

How did the sign up go after you clicked to accept their quote online? I assume there was some email chain and phone calls to get all the information needed to verify what you stated in the online quote thingmie? Do they need pictures of the vehicle or dash cam like (I think) most insurers do when they sign up a new customer? Just pondering if it is do-able while I am out of the country. Last year, same time, I was out of the country and I needed Mrs tam to supply the dashcam pics that AXA needed.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 19, 2019, 2:48 pm

It's all very simple from start to finish, I'm utterly impressed with them. All you do Is call the office, I'd recommend you ask for Bow, she speaks great English, tell her you wish to take up their offer. They will ask you to download their app and complete your details. Once you've done that they will call you and ask you to walk around your car showing them the bodywork etc, then you pay them, we used a debit card, and the next thing is you get the paperwork, it's all very simple. Insofar as the 1000 baht I'm not sure where else you can use it, I just used it to fill up my car to be honest but I do believe there are extra options.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » January 19, 2019, 2:54 pm

Mr Tam,
My missus did all the post online quote for my car. It’s actually in her name. Phone calls from Roojai etc to determine the info supplied for the quote is correct prior to payment.
A check of the car was done with an assessor online with cam either by skype or WhatsApp. Walk around the car with the cam.
All good and payment made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 19, 2019, 3:03 pm

Vince, Barney, thanks for that. Sounds really easy. It can wait till I get home. The insurance isn't due till mid- Feb so I have enough time. I can grab the por ror bor from the insurance shop at AEK any time.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » January 21, 2019, 11:31 am

Before anyone gets too excited about the apparent bargain insurance on offer, remember if it sounds too good to be true , it probably is. Well for me this was .Having received an email quote on my Toyota that showed a saving of over 5,000bht
on my 8th year no claim renewal quote from my present insurers Viriyah, I rang them for more details. The first thing was I discovered they only cover drivers between the ages of 30-70, outside of this they are definitely not covered, so beware the any driver clause .That alone rules me out and anyone approaching the age limit should be aware they won't renew after 70 either. However of more concern to me was when comparing against my present insurer that the so called No 1 insurance had many differences as well . When I said that was no good for me I want a truly comprehensive cover like I have now they did a new premium calculation that was actually a little over my present renewal sum.So I will be sticking to Viriyau thank you .
Of interest that it was suggested my wife should take out the insurance in her name and I could drive but wouldn't be covered . LOL
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 21, 2019, 5:30 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
January 21, 2019, 11:31 am
Before anyone gets too excited about the apparent bargain insurance on offer, remember if it sounds too good to be true , it probably is. Well for me this was .Having received an email quote on my Toyota that showed a saving of over 5,000bht
on my 8th year no claim renewal quote from my present insurers Viriyah, I rang them for more details. The first thing was I discovered they only cover drivers between the ages of 30-70, outside of this they are definitely not covered, so beware the any driver clause .That alone rules me out and anyone approaching the age limit should be aware they won't renew after 70 either. However of more concern to me was when comparing against my present insurer that the so called No 1 insurance had many differences as well . When I said that was no good for me I want a truly comprehensive cover like I have now they did a new premium calculation that was actually a little over my present renewal sum.So I will be sticking to Viriyau thank you .
Of interest that it was suggested my wife should take out the insurance in her name and I could drive but wouldn't be covered . LOL
Good point and roojai won't carry anyone over 70 either. Some people on the big forum were upset that they did the online roojai application only to be refused BEFORE the buy now click. Maybe some of the bricks and mortar insurers try and sneak that past you or maybe it gets lost in the translation if the effort to translate is ever made. Some of the big names are unimaginative and Liberty Mutual checked that box with me; unable to come up with anything close to what their opposition was offering. I have heard both good and bad with Virayah, you pays your money and takes your choices I guess. That's why I always used a broker before to do the legwork and eliminate the also-rans from the get go.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 21, 2019, 6:05 pm

They won't insure old cars either, the creators of their business model have obviously come to the conclusion that old cars and old people are too much of a risk, they can't bare bones premiums and take on high risk too, they'd most likely end up the way of the other "new" insurers, this isn't a fly by night company, it's one of the biggest banks in Thailand so they've obviously done their homework, my cover was better than Virya but much cheaper, I'm very happy with them, I recommend them if you meet their criteria.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 23, 2019, 4:11 pm

Guess we'll find out how easy it is to get a claim sorted, just had a motorbike crash into me, I'll keep you all posted.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 23, 2019, 4:36 pm

Apparently they won't accept blame, they're 100% wrong here, Roojai have rolled over and won't push the claim, because I have a 5000 baht excess I have to pay for the repair.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 23, 2019, 4:42 pm

Be warned if you get this claims agent, he will do nothing at all to help you. Just about everyone in the village saw the accident and said the motorbike was to blame, he still did nothing.
Attachments
20190123_164143.jpg

Return to “Insurance”