RooJai Car and Motorbike Insurance

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: RooJai Car and Motorbike Insurance

Post by Niggly » April 3, 2021, 10:39 pm

Giggle wrote:
April 3, 2021, 6:22 pm
Renewed my annual policy with Roojai yesterday. Took 5 minutes. No forms to fill out, no emails, no photos, Nuthin. Just a quick check that all the same options from the previous year were included and paid with a credit card. No claims from previous year.

Easiest renewal ever ... and they weren't interested in my yellow book.
Are you going to give any clues as to the vehicle, premium & excess which would be useful information or is it a secret & you’re just going to leave it with you’ve managed to deal with some local administration department for the first time without any drama?

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » January 15, 2022, 3:39 pm

Received an email today saying Roojai will deduct my annual premium of 13,xxx baht from my credit card as "previously agreed." I'm good with Roojai, but don't remember giving authorization for auto renewal. All good, no video of truck requested, no office visit, no drama.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 19, 2022, 8:18 am

Giggle wrote:
January 15, 2022, 3:39 pm
Received an email today saying Roojai will deduct my annual premium of 13,xxx baht from my credit card as "previously agreed." I'm good with Roojai, but don't remember giving authorization for auto renewal. All good, no video of truck requested, no office visit, no drama.
There's an auto-renewal check box on their online application that you may have missed? I have just renewed for my third year with roojai. If not on auto-renewal, they send weekly reminder emails when there's about 60 days remaining on the current policy.

Good rates and service in that regard. I pay 8000 and change for top coverage on the 8 year old sports lorry. Never had to use their full services, touch wood.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » January 19, 2022, 10:37 am

tamada wrote:
Giggle wrote:
There's an auto-renewal check box on their online application that you may have missed? I have just renewed for my third year with roojai. If not on auto-renewal, they send weekly reminder emails when there's about 60 days remaining on the current policy.

Good rates and service in that regard. I pay 8000 and change for top coverage on the 8 year old sports lorry. Never had to use their full services, touch wood.
Mr Tam
Does that cost include a good no claim bonus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » January 19, 2022, 11:08 am

They charge me 7,010THB for a 10yo Fortuner. They premium has been unchanged for several years.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 19, 2022, 12:28 pm

Barney wrote:
January 19, 2022, 10:37 am
tamada wrote:
Giggle wrote:

Mr Tam
Does that cost include a good no claim bonus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. 50% NCB discount included.

Previous insurers, LM and AXA, skated around the notion of NCB. roojai have it stated in the quote and the policy schedule while the other guys left that field blank.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 9, 2022, 7:16 pm

Just a question which may well have been asked before but I will ask again

Two Thai's one in a Car and one on a Motorbike

Both vehicles are Registered (but old) and both driver & rider have Licenses, but neither vehicle is Insured!!! only Registered

Both are from the local Village, with only a few Baht to spare

The Car changes lanes and clips the Motorbike, sending the Thai rider off into a Ditch, where he breaks his leg

Thai Rider is couriered of to the local Hospital and his leg put in a plaster cast

Surprisingly both are sober at the time and no evidence of Drinking

But, needless to say, he who was driving the car was in the wrong, as he didn't look

Question:
1.Who has to pay for the Hospital stay and the cast on the leg? Does Thai law demand or require the Car Driver pays that Bill (even though he has F A) or does the Government foot the Hospital Bill

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 9, 2022, 8:54 pm

If the car didn't even have the compulsory/mandatory por-ror-bor insurance, then they won't want the cops involved as it will get more expensive than it is for the car driver who is already in the wrong.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » April 9, 2022, 9:06 pm

I could be wrong but I thought it was mandatory to have basic insurance when registering the vehicle.

I.e without the compulsory (third party?) Insurance you cannot do the registration.

I have no idea what level of cover this gives but you would have thought both vehicles have this if they are really registered.

Edit. Just re-reading and you say both vehicles are registered, but old. What do you mean 'but old'? I. E they have not paid the yearly fee?

My wife always goes with the bigger vehicle is always responsible. I.e motor cy pays for bicycle, car pays for motor cycle, truck pays for car.
...this is based on her poor understanding if Insurance but only what happens (or happened in the olden days).

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 9, 2022, 9:50 pm

Car is about 10 years old and bike apparently 8 years old but over 500cc

Thanks for the responses

I too would have thought when they Register a Car even in Thailand, that they would automatically pay something towards some Third Party Person Insurance to cover injury to the Other person? But then, I can't read Thai and cant get a straight answer from them??

Is compulsory/mandatory por-ror-bor insurance same as "Third Party Person Insurance to cover injury to the Other person"

I wonder how much a Broken Leg is worth these days??

Extract from ROOJAI: Compulsory Motor Insurance, also known as “Por Ror Bor” is a mandatory insurance required by law for all motor vehicles within Thailand. According to the Motor Victims Protection Act B.E. 1992, it came into effect on 5 April 1993 by requiring cars, including all types of motorcycles that are registered with the Department of Land Transport, and cars powered by electric engines or other energy to apply this “Compulsory Motor Insurance” to provide insurance coverage for everyone affected by car accidents, regardless of whether the person is a driver, a passenger, or a pedestrian. In the cases that involve a loss of life or body parts or health damage including the deceased person’s heir will also be covered, in the case of death.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 9, 2022, 9:59 pm

deankham wrote:
April 9, 2022, 9:06 pm
I could be wrong but I thought it was mandatory to have basic insurance when registering the vehicle.

I.e without the compulsory (third party?) Insurance you cannot do the registration.

I have no idea what level of cover this gives but you would have thought both vehicles have this if they are really registered.

Edit. Just re-reading and you say both vehicles are registered, but old. What do you mean 'but old'? I. E they have not paid the yearly fee?

My wife always goes with the bigger vehicle is always responsible. I.e motor cy pays for bicycle, car pays for motor cycle, truck pays for car.
...this is based on her poor understanding if Insurance but only what happens (or happened in the olden days).
If there's no por-ror-bor (compulsory/mandatory) basic insurance, there will be no annual inspection done and no road tax being paid. This vehicle shouldn't even be on the roads. Totally illegal but TiT.

It's my worst nightmare getting into any sort of strife with such a vehicle because this being Thailand, your wife's rudimentary grasp of Thai-style responsibility and their embrace of the krieng-jai nonsense will prevail. If you fob them off, the muppets will try and get the cops to put the heat on you (if they're not already doing that).

Been there, done that... Mrs tam ignored the threats (her prang) while AXA handled the po-ror-bor bit. I recall that the coverage maxes out at around 30,000 baht. Takes about 30-days if everyone plays nice and assumes responsibility. So the government paid the hospital 30k and Mrs tam bought the Brands Essence of Chicken basket.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 9, 2022, 10:09 pm

Thanks Tam

Fortunately it is not me, I am far far away from Thailand

It is the wayward distant sort of Brother in Law, who can dig himself out of this hole

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 4, 2022, 5:45 pm

Its April again and time to renew a Vehicle Insurance.

For those who may be interested in car insurance and cost, I recently re-insured the Honda Jazz (2019 RS Model) through VIRIYAH Insurance for the sum of B 15,979, plus some VAT Tax, supposedly No 1 Insurance, also covered for Fire but not Theft. A few thousand Baht less than this time last year.

I think the Registration Tax cost, was another B 1,645

pipoz4444

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 3, 2022, 11:06 am

Has anyone had a recent interaction with Roojai?

I have been with them for 3 or 4 years (car), and before renewing last month I sent 2 emails, a few days apart, asking them to confirm coverage would continue despite the fact I am older than 70. They were happy to do so, and confirm quickly by email, in 2021.

This year - not a dickie bird in response.

I went ahead and renewed anyway, because my age is mentioned in the online renewal, which I believed would probably cover me. The renewal was subsequently issued.

Last Sunday I was poking around in their website, and discovered their online messaging function, so I fired off a request for confirmation as above, along with letting them know my displeasure with not having received any responses to my original emails. I also sent 2 other messages on different, but related subjects.

Thusfar, the same response as to my emails - nothing.

Given Roojai's previous (in my experience) focus on customer service, this leaves me a bit concerned. It is often an early sign of corporate problems when service standards slip - hence my opening question.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 3, 2022, 11:44 am

jackspratt wrote:
December 3, 2022, 11:06 am
Has anyone had a recent interaction with Roojai?

I have been with them for 3 or 4 years (car), and before renewing last month I sent 2 emails, a few days apart, asking them to confirm coverage would continue despite the fact I am older than 70. They were happy to do so, and confirm quickly by email, in 2021.

This year - not a dickie bird in response.

I went ahead and renewed anyway, because my age is mentioned in the online renewal, which I believed would probably cover me. The renewal was subsequently issued.

Last Sunday I was poking around in their website, and discovered their online messaging function, so I fired off a request for confirmation as above, along with letting them know my displeasure with not having received any responses to my original emails. I also sent 2 other messages on different, but related subjects.

Thusfar, the same response as to my emails - nothing.

Given Roojai's previous (in my experience) focus on customer service, this leaves me a bit concerned. It is often an early sign of corporate problems when service standards slip - hence my opening question.
They recently sent my renewal notice by email which is 3 months ahead of the due date. This early reminder has been standard for the 5 years I have been with them.

There's always the possibility that they have issues with your email service? I recall hundreds of hotmail users that struck out trying to apply for Thailand Pass and they had to use gmail accounts to get onboard. I have never tried their online messaging but it's odd that both email and messaging are being ignored.

You can always call 025828866
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Hunter58
udonmap.com

Post by Hunter58 » February 2, 2023, 1:06 pm

Has anybody had personal experience of making a claim with Roojai ?

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » February 2, 2023, 2:45 pm

^Yes, well my wife has at least.

We (she) had 2 accidents in 2 separate years that we were covered by Roojai.

In first claim we had Roojai as the Full Coverage insurance but had someone else as the mandatory insurance you need when renewing your yearly vehicle registration. This made the claim more complicated as for some reason we had to contact both insurers and they sent 2 sets of inspectors out. However the repair works were all done by the garage appointed by Roojai.

For second claim we had Full + mandatory insurance all through Roojai. When we (she!) had the accident called the Roojai number and the assessor managed everything.

In both cases the accidents were our (her!!!) fault.

Hunter58
udonmap.com

Post by Hunter58 » February 2, 2023, 10:14 pm

Thank you for your feedback.

Return to “Insurance”