Bangkok Insurance PA for 'oldies'

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Bangkok Insurance PA for 'oldies'

Post by AA Ins Broker » September 17, 2018, 12:21 pm

Heads up for anyone with the Bangkok Insurance “Happy 45” PA policy.

The premiums have changed for the over 70’s and now increase in 5 yearly increments

Please note this PA policy is open to anyone between the ages of 45-75 and can be renewal up to 100 yrs.

Peter
[email protected]
www.aainsure.net

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Re: Bangkok Insurance PA for 'oldies'

Post by lassebasse » September 18, 2018, 9:15 am

I have an insurance with Bangkok Insurance called PA 1'st Senior, is this the same as "Happy 45"?

I am thinking of cancelling it since I just found out that it excludes MC-accidents and I will probably switch to a simular insurance with Kasikorn.

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Post by AA Ins Broker » September 18, 2018, 3:15 pm

lassebasse wrote:
September 18, 2018, 9:15 am
I have an insurance with Bangkok Insurance called PA 1'st Senior, is this the same as "Happy 45"?

I am thinking of cancelling it since I just found out that it excludes MC-accidents and I will probably switch to a simular insurance with Kasikorn.
One has to check the PA policy carefully as the offerings from Bangkok Bank for 1st Senior are poor.
Example, payout for death from a general(!) accident are low and the medical expenses for an accident are misery to say the least.
This is fairly typical of policies from banks but the PA we offer does include Motorcycle accident

mortsyn
udonmap.com

Post by mortsyn » September 19, 2018, 11:52 am

I have PA from Kasikorn and it includes MC accidents.

Remember that the motorcycle insurance also have coverage if you have an accident:

The compulsory motor insurance covers 30,000 Baht of medical expenses if you caused the accident.

The compulsory motor insurance covers 80,000 Baht of medical expenses if you DID NOT cause the accident.

If your blood alcohol is over the legal limit (blood/alcohol level of 150% mg and over), no insurance will cover your medical costs.

And of course you should have a valid driver license for a motorcycle (Thai license or international). If you do not have a valid license, you should not be riding a bike.

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Post by AA Ins Broker » September 19, 2018, 2:37 pm

Unless you are one of the fortunate ‘younger’ members Mortsyn, the Kasikorn ‘PA for Seniors’ is just what I was trying to explain, Banks offer very poor cover e.g. in this case only 50k Baht of Medical Expenses !

To reiterate, the compulsory motor insurance only covers bodily injury of the road victims (property damage is not included).
The coverage is divided as followed:
Primary Loss :

1. Medical cover = 30,000 Baht per person.
2. PA benefit = 35,000 Baht per person.
3. Death benefit = 35,000 Baht per person.
4. Medical cover and death benefit if death or disability occurs after treatment = 65,000 Baht per person.

Loss that exceeds the primary loss :

1. Medical cover = 80,000 Baht per person.
2. Death/Total permanent disability benefit = 300,000 Baht per person.
3. Disability benefit = 200,000 - 300,000 Baht per person.
4. Hospitalization daily benefit = 200 Baht per day, maximum 20 days

Return to “Insurance”