Proposal of new Affordable Thai Health Insurance

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
mortsyn
udonmap.com

Re: Proposal of new Affordable Thai Health Insurance

Post by mortsyn » May 30, 2018, 11:53 am

The broker that negotiate with the insurance companies has said he should send out a status mail any day now. I will post that mail when it comes.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 31, 2018, 6:28 am

God morning !...And thanks for the update.

Have a good day :-)

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » May 31, 2018, 8:47 am

Yes, thanks for the update - had an email this morning.

mortsyn
udonmap.com

Post by mortsyn » May 31, 2018, 2:39 pm

Dropbox link to the update e-mail from the broker:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2a9wxoupl0cwh ... 0.pdf?dl=0

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 22, 2018, 6:38 pm

I have entered two separate names and email addresses on the Bangkok Insurance Brokers website to receive information on the new health insurance scheme, and to this date I have never been contacted by email or otherwise from anyone personally.

Having said that, I have a friend who lives in my village that was approached last night by a farang who solicited him to purchase this policy and pay him one year in advance for the premiums. Personally, I smell a big rat here! According to the Bangkok Insurance Brokers website update, the program is still awaiting approval from the Insurance Commission. Why is it that I have never been contacted and another has already been presented the program for purchase?

Also, according to the Bangkok Insurance Brokers website, it looks like the anticipated monthly premium has been changed from 2000 to 3000 baht and the phrase pertaining to coverage for pre-existing conditions now contains wording that they are not sure they can get that feature: "Covers pre-existing medical conditions after the waiting period (not guaranteed we can get this feature)". It's beginning to sound as if this is not such a great deal after all!
Last edited by semperfiguy on June 22, 2018, 7:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » June 22, 2018, 6:53 pm

Yup, I'm on the 'VIP list' & still nothing is happening.

Just seems to taking rather too long.

:-k

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 22, 2018, 7:02 pm

Does anyone have a link to a Thai website that discusses this proposal? Thairath newspaper or other government website?
I'm probably missing something, but I don't see any Thai ref's to an actual proposal? Anyone?

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 22, 2018, 7:09 pm

parrot wrote:
June 22, 2018, 7:02 pm
Does anyone have a link to a Thai website that discusses this proposal? Thairath newspaper or other government website?
I'm probably missing something, but I don't see any Thai ref's to an actual proposal? Anyone?

The website is here: http://www.insurance-in-thailand.com/af ... -thailand/
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 24, 2018, 10:56 am

semperfiguy wrote:
June 22, 2018, 6:38 pm
I have entered two separate names and email addresses on the Bangkok Insurance Brokers website to receive information on the new health insurance scheme, and to this date I have never been contacted by email or otherwise from anyone personally.

Having said that, I have a friend who lives in my village that was approached last night by a farang who solicited him to purchase this policy and pay him one year in advance for the premiums. Personally, I smell a big rat here! According to the Bangkok Insurance Brokers website update, the program is still awaiting approval from the Insurance Commission. Why is it that I have never been contacted and another has already been presented the program for purchase?

Also, according to the Bangkok Insurance Brokers website, it looks like the anticipated monthly premium has been changed from 2000 to 3000 baht and the phrase pertaining to coverage for pre-existing conditions now contains wording that they are not sure they can get that feature: "Covers pre-existing medical conditions after the waiting period (not guaranteed we can get this feature)". It's beginning to sound as if this is not such a great deal after all!

Why is there almost total silence from the forum on these new revelations that I have posted pertaining to this new affordable health care scheme for expats? What happened to all the guys that were touting this fantastic deal earlier on?

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » June 24, 2018, 11:07 am

semperfiguy wrote:
June 24, 2018, 10:56 am

Why is there almost total silence from the forum on these new revelations that I have posted pertaining to this new affordable health care scheme for expats? What happened to all the guys that were touting this fantastic deal earlier on?
I'm glad that there is something available -- or maybe there isn't something.

Since, I don't need any insurance, I haven't had much to say about any of this; but I'm not surprised at the lack of participation. Unless it's a potential hate-America thread or something about soccer, there isn't much activity. Most posters who seek help for information, rarely return to even say 'thank you'.

I hope there is eventually an alternative for expats who have no coverage and need it.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » June 27, 2018, 6:49 am

A 'hate america' thread? Grow up.

It would, however be courteous, if the op could give some sort of reply.

mortsyn
udonmap.com

Post by mortsyn » June 27, 2018, 12:03 pm

Negotiations with various insurance companies still going on and have taken longer time than expected. The broker (BIB) will any day now mail an update to the interest-list. I will post the update when I get it.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » June 27, 2018, 12:53 pm

Thanks Morty.

:D

mortsyn
udonmap.com

Post by mortsyn » August 12, 2018, 1:45 pm

On August 15 you should be able apply for this new insurance. More info is available at:
http://www.insurance-in-thailand.com/af ... d-updates/

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » August 12, 2018, 2:40 pm

I have entered two separate names and email addresses on the Bangkok Insurance Brokers website to receive information on the new health insurance scheme, and to this date I have never been contacted by email or by anyone personally. If this is any indication of the quality of customer service that we can expect to receive, then I'm not very optimistic.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » August 15, 2018, 12:26 pm

Waiting to receive my application form, that said I'd be getting today.....

Where is it Morty?

mortsyn
udonmap.com

Post by mortsyn » August 16, 2018, 1:10 pm

Faraday wrote:
August 15, 2018, 12:26 pm
Waiting to receive my application form, that said I'd be getting today.....

Where is it Morty?
Seems to been delayed due to some website updates required to handle the applications. According to BIB the new date is Monday August 20.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » August 16, 2018, 3:24 pm

Thanks Morty.

mortsyn
udonmap.com

Post by mortsyn » September 4, 2018, 2:39 pm

The first step of the insurance is now available, see
http://www.insurance-in-thailand.com/af ... -thailand/

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Post by AA Ins Broker » September 4, 2018, 3:05 pm

Taking a quick look these 2 plans they seem expensive and confining i.e. Max age 70 and can only use Government hospitals.
Another problem it’s a ‘group’ plan and mostly they fail after a few years due to increase in premiums and claims e.g. AXA has just stopped a group plan for the Expats club.

Take care and shop around

Peter
[email protected]

Return to “Insurance”