Proposal of new Affordable Thai Health Insurance

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: Proposal of new Affordable Thai Health Insurance

Post by DuiDui49 » April 6, 2018, 3:07 pm

lassebasse wrote:
April 6, 2018, 9:52 am
Here is the link:
http://www.insurance-in-thailand.com/af ... -thailand/
Thank you Lassebasse !

mortsyn
udonmap.com

Post by mortsyn » April 8, 2018, 11:49 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
April 4, 2018, 12:34 pm
Mr.Mortsyn/Nystrom..i can't see the infolink you posted here anymore.Please reup or PM the link /info.

Thank you for reading...have a healthy day ;-)
Here it comes again:

SAMS (Thailand Federation of Swedish associations) is working with Bangkok Insurance Brokers Co. Ltd (BIB) to initiate The Largest Health Insurance Group For Foreigners In Thailand. An affordable insurance for all foreigners regardless of age cover with full cover for accidents and sickness. Very few sicknesses excluded, cover for most pre-existing medical conditions of the policy holder. The premium is estimated to start just over 2.000 baht/month.

The highlights of the proposal is available in https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhexzou1m0p0v ... e.pdf?dl=0.

If you are interested in this health insurance and with a high probability will sign up for it if available submit your name at:

www.insurance-in-thailand.com/affordabl ... -thailand/

Any questions can be mailed to [email protected] .

Please share this with all your friends, Facebook/Forum friends and groups.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 8, 2018, 3:59 pm

mortsyn wrote:
April 8, 2018, 11:49 am
DuiDui49 wrote:
Mr.Mortsyn/Nystrom..i can't see the infolink you posted here anymore.Please reup or PM the link /info.

Here it comes again:

SAMS (Thailand Federation of Swedish associations) is working with Bangkok Insurance Brokers Co. Ltd (BIB) to initiate The Largest Health Insurance Group For Foreigners In Thailand. An affordable insurance for all foreigners regardless of age cover with full cover for accidents and sickness. Very few sicknesses excluded, cover for most pre-existing medical conditions of the policy holder. The premium is estimated to start just over 2.000 baht/month.

The highlights of the proposal is available in https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhexzou1m0p0v ... e.pdf?dl=0.

If you are interested in this health insurance and with a high probability will sign up for it if available submit your name at:

www.insurance-in-thailand.com/affordabl ... -thailand/

Any questions can be mailed to [email protected] .

Please share this with all your friends, Facebook/Forum friends and groups.

Mortsyn, since you seem to be so familiar with this program, I think it only fair to ask how you came to know about it and if you are in any way associated with the program as more than just an interested person. I have lived in Udon for 8 years and stay tuned into most all the expat forums in Thailand, yet I have never heard of it before. If there was such a huge push to get the program started, and this was predicated upon getting at least two thousand members, it would seem to me that they would be exposing themselves to every possible means of advertising media. I have perused the internet and can't seem to find any mention of SAMS or Thailand Federation of Swedish Associations. No one seems to be able to reassure us that this is all above board and legitimate. If they really want it to succeed, why is it surrounded by such a thick cloud of suspicion? This BIB should be doing more to inspire us to have confidence in them. Besides, any company with the initials BIB, which we all understand is the abbreviation for the Boys in Brown, (the coppers), throws up a red flag immediately!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 8, 2018, 7:11 pm

Well it would be nice if true for us with pre existings. but semp was very polite in saying "bulshite"
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » April 8, 2018, 7:50 pm

To add to the above comments, why isn't this on Thai Visa?

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » April 8, 2018, 9:02 pm

Thai Visa goes to great lengths to protect its own sponsors....to put it a bit too mildly. But, something smells fishy on this one. I can't think of a better way of finding sheep for slaughter than offering cheap healthcare coverage...except maybe a meeting of the Bernie Sanders Fan Club. Prove it is legit, and I will be interested. Meanwhile, covered for accident and acute illness by Tokio Marine, who one can easily find ratings on...30 million in coverage.

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » April 9, 2018, 4:56 am

http://www.insurance-in-thailand.com/contact-us/

They have telephone numbers, a GPS location (Phuket), address, map, email, whatever, if you are so concerned just call the number and have a chat with somebody. I'm pretty certain that the details they asked for are so minimal and innocuous, and could be found out in five minutes through other means.

https://www.google.com/maps/@7.9061577, ... 312!8i6656

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » April 9, 2018, 12:41 pm

Website is from Provo, UT. That is a red flag. Utah is a big hub for white collar ripoffs.

mortsyn
udonmap.com

Post by mortsyn » April 9, 2018, 1:27 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
April 8, 2018, 3:59 pm
mortsyn wrote:
DuiDui49 wrote:

Mortsyn, since you seem to be so familiar with this program, I think it only fair to ask how you came to know about it and if you are in any way associated with the program as more than just an interested person. I have lived in Udon for 8 years and stay tuned into most all the expat forums in Thailand, yet I have never heard of it before. If there was such a huge push to get the program started, and this was predicated upon getting at least two thousand members, it would seem to me that they would be exposing themselves to every possible means of advertising media. I have perused the internet and can't seem to find any mention of SAMS or Thailand Federation of Swedish Associations. No one seems to be able to reassure us that this is all above board and legitimate. If they really want it to succeed, why is it surrounded by such a thick cloud of suspicion? This BIB should be doing more to inspire us to have confidence in them. Besides, any company with the initials BIB, which we all understand is the abbreviation for the Boys in Brown, (the coppers), throws up a red flag immediately!
SAMS (Thailand Federation of Swedish Associations) started the work more than two years ago and consists of representatives from a handfull of swedish associations in Thailand. One of them is Svenskar i Udon (Swedes in Udon) which I represents. The main objective for SAMS is to convince the swedish government to extend the health protection for swedish taxpayers outside EU. We have a Facebook group ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/9656444 ... =bookmarks ), a Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/Ja-till-sjukv% ... 736935815/ ), and a petition ( https://www.skrivunder.com/ja_till_sjuk ... i_thailand ). The work to convince swedish goverment to implement paid health care outside EU is a several year project. In March some of us from SAMS met in Phuket together with the director of BIB to discuss a temporary solution, for example try to get the Health Card for Foreigners to be reactivated. The meeting resulted in a suggestion to create some kind of group health insurance. BIB made a proposal that I have helped publishing in various groups and forums to collect names of people who would be interested. We have got many more names than expected in first week.
Many many people have been very positive to this initiative and as usual a few negative ones that try to create a thick cloud of suspicion. Mostly because they have been to lazy to read the published information (for example read what BIB stands for) before the expressed their strong view as the many the bar-stool advocates on Facebook and Forums.

Sven Arne Hedell will give information at the next Udon Expat Club meeting late April, 2018.

Within the next few weeks information will be available about the final product in several languages (French, German, English, Swedish, and hopefully Japanese and Russian).

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 9, 2018, 2:01 pm

mortsyn wrote:
April 9, 2018, 1:27 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
April 8, 2018, 3:59 pm
mortsyn wrote:
DuiDui49 wrote:

SAMS (Thailand Federation of Swedish Associations) started the work more than two years ago and consists of representatives from a handfull of swedish associations in Thailand. One of them is Svenskar i Udon (Swedes in Udon) which I represents. The main objective for SAMS is to convince the swedish government to extend the health protection for swedish taxpayers outside EU. We have a Facebook group ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/9656444 ... =bookmarks ), a Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/Ja-till-sjukv% ... 736935815/ ), and a petition ( https://www.skrivunder.com/ja_till_sjuk ... i_thailand ). The work to convince swedish goverment to implement paid health care outside EU is a several year project. In March some of us from SAMS met in Phuket together with the director of BIB to discuss a temporary solution, for example try to get the Health Card for Foreigners to be reactivated. The meeting resulted in a suggestion to create some kind of group health insurance. BIB made a proposal that I have helped publishing in various groups and forums to collect names of people who would be interested. We have got many more names than expected in first week.
Many many people have been very positive to this initiative and as usual a few negative ones that try to create a thick cloud of suspicion. Mostly because they have been to lazy to read the published information (for example read what BIB stands for) before the expressed their strong view as the many the bar-stool advocates on Facebook and Forums.

Sven Arne Hedell will give information at the next Udon Expat Club meeting late April, 2018.

Within the next few weeks information will be available about the final product in several languages (French, German, English, Swedish, and hopefully Japanese and Russian).
That's more like it Mortsyn! Had you presented your case like this in the very beginning of this thread then I think you could have avoided all the speculation and negative press that you have gotten here. I hope it all pans out and I look forward to hearing the presentation at the next Udon Expat Club meeting.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » April 9, 2018, 2:30 pm

thighlander wrote:
April 9, 2018, 12:41 pm
Website is from Provo, UT. That is a red flag. Utah is a big hub for white collar ripoffs.
Not exactly. The host server is located there. UdonMap's host server is in Howell, Michigan. Does that mean the patrons of UdonMap are being scammed by some nefarious website from another country? Throw up a red flag for UdonMap. Michigan is a big hub for all sorts of scams.

https://patch.com/michigan/detroit/mich ... scams-2016

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » April 9, 2018, 5:04 pm

Scamadvisor says it is red flag worthy, but they dont say it is an outright scam. It still lacks transparency. One thing for sure, there is a group of Mormons gone bad from Utah, that have been heavily involved in various scams here, which is even more need for transparency. I also mentioned how the sponsor from the "other site" was using "affordable health insurance" as a way to get a list of sheep for the boiler rooms. And if you read the details, HCC and IMG both offer something very similar, with much higher limits for a similar amount of money. It does go up with age, though...but at 500K limit (THB compared to 500K to 1000000 USD with the others mentioned) is really lacking substance. An American can buy Tokio Marine Travel Medical for 364 days at a time, even if they have been here 20 years. Accident and acute illness, term life and repatriation....no cancer, no knee replacements...

I dont do business in Florida, either....

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 9, 2018, 5:28 pm

thighlander wrote:
April 9, 2018, 5:04 pm
Scamadvisor says it is red flag worthy, but they dont say it is an outright scam. It still lacks transparency. One thing for sure, there is a group of Mormons gone bad from Utah, that have been heavily involved in various scams here, which is even more need for transparency. I also mentioned how the sponsor from the "other site" was using "affordable health insurance" as a way to get a list of sheep for the boiler rooms. And if you read the details, HCC and IMG both offer something very similar, with much higher limits for a similar amount of money. It does go up with age, though...but at 500K limit (THB compared to 500K to 1000000 USD with the others mentioned) is really lacking substance. An American can buy Tokio Marine Travel Medical for 364 days at a time, even if they have been here 20 years. Accident and acute illness, term life and repatriation....no cancer, no knee replacements...

Highlander, The Tokio Marine Travel Medical sounds interesting, but after visiting their website I don't see any policy that offers the 364 days of coverage. Can you point me in the right direction?

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » April 9, 2018, 5:38 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
April 9, 2018, 5:28 pm
thighlander wrote:
April 9, 2018, 5:04 pm

Highlander, The Tokio Marine Travel Medical sounds interesting, but after visiting their website I don't see any policy that offers the 364 days of coverage. Can you point me in the right direction?
https://www.hccmis.com/atlas-travel-ins ... uage=en-US

mortsyn
udonmap.com

Post by mortsyn » April 10, 2018, 12:28 pm

In the latest edition of ScandAsia you find an article about SAMS on page 8.

https://issuu.com/scandasia/docs/scandasia_180400

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 10, 2018, 1:30 pm

mortsyn wrote:
April 10, 2018, 12:28 pm
In the latest edition of ScandAsia you find an article about SAMS on page 8.

https://issuu.com/scandasia/docs/scandasia_180400
Thank you for that Mortsyn. If you are going to "sell" this concept to expats in Thailand, then you have to do the necessary things to inspire people to have confidence in you and the project....so that they can eventually trust you...so that they can eventually respect you. In sales that process is progressive and one cannot leave any portion out or change the sequence or it will not succeed. By publishing articles like this one, you are doing what is necessary to establish credibility and inspire others to have confidence in you and your project. Then and only then will it gain momentum and hopefully become successful.

I read this entire article and I can say that you could substitute the word "Americans" in every place where you read the word "Swedes" because we too are in the same boat. It is totally unfair that our government will not provide our Medicare benefits for those citizens that live outside the country. Groups have been lobbying for years to have the rules changed, but so far it has all been in vain. Perhaps this new healthcare scheme of yours will be a welcome alternative. You should definitely appeal to the American expat community in Thailand, for I'm sure you will have many takers!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » April 10, 2018, 8:15 pm

Mr.Mortsyn,what is the expected timeframe to get this insuranceplan come to fruition?

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » April 10, 2018, 11:49 pm

Are they a licensed business in Thailand? Do they have a license to sell insurance in Thailand, let alone issue policies. For those European s, who maintain health coverage at home, why not use the Allianz policies? For Americans covered by Medicare, you can simply use a travel medical type policy, mentioned earlier. For those, old and stateless, yeah right...younger people aren't d umm enough to pay into the same look as a 89 year old man..especially at the same rate...so just think for a minute, who the special interest group is here.

mortsyn
udonmap.com

Post by mortsyn » April 11, 2018, 11:31 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
April 10, 2018, 8:15 pm
Mr.Mortsyn,what is the expected timeframe to get this insuranceplan come to fruition?
Within the next few weeks

Return to “Insurance”