Tile cleaner

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
kakariki
udonmap.com

Tile cleaner

Post by kakariki » May 1, 2023, 4:05 am

Hi all
I'm after some heavy duty tile cleaner, my outdoor tiles are matt rough finish, not glazed shiny. We've had pot plants on them for years and want to clean where the pots were, which have left a brown stain. The Gernie and detergent won't touch it, nor will petrol or solvent. I'm maybe thinking a Hydrochloric acid solution as used for cleaning bricks, or any other solutions and where to buy.
Thanks Barry

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Tile cleaner

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 1, 2023, 1:12 pm

kakariki wrote:
May 1, 2023, 4:05 am
Hi all
I'm after some heavy duty tile cleaner, my outdoor tiles are matt rough finish, not glazed shiny. We've had pot plants on them for years and want to clean where the pots were, which have left a brown stain. The Gernie and detergent won't touch it, nor will petrol or solvent. I'm maybe thinking a Hydrochloric acid solution as used for cleaning bricks, or any other solutions and where to buy.
Thanks Barry
All chemicals can be purchased from Lazada, however I really doubt that you want to start with Hydrochloric acid this is a good place to check https://www.popularmechanics.com/home/t ... vers-test/
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 1, 2023, 7:49 pm

kakariki wrote:
Hi all
Thanks Barry
Barry,I'M SERIOUS When I Say this but have you tried Coke ( Yes Coca Cola ) Pour it on the tiles & Brush with a very Stiff Yard brush after about 5 Minutes Then Jet Wash Off......Honestly Works on OLD Oil Stains on my Rough tiles,I Found a Video on Youtube that recommends the use of Coke......Worth a Try M8 !!

kakariki
udonmap.com

Post by kakariki » May 2, 2023, 12:27 am

747man wrote:
May 1, 2023, 7:49 pm
kakariki wrote:
Hi all
Thanks Barry
Barry,I'M SERIOUS When I Say this but have you tried Coke ( Yes Coca Cola ) Pour it on the tiles & Brush with a very Stiff Yard brush after about 5 Minutes Then Jet Wash Off......Honestly Works on OLD Oil Stains on my Rough tiles,I Found a Video on Youtube that recommends the use of Coke......Worth a Try M8 !!
Yes, I tried Coke, something I've used a bit of before, I've found thinners and also Methanol have loosened it a bit, I'm just soaking it overnight to see.​Vinegar or bleach would have loosened it also, but you cannot buy either here with any strength, they are both weak solutions.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 2, 2023, 6:42 am

kakariki wrote:
May 2, 2023, 12:27 am
I'm just soaking it overnight to see.​Vinegar or bleach would have loosened it also, but you cannot buy either here with any strength, they are both weak solutions.
As I posted earlier you can get the products you mentioned easily from Lazada, though you must use the correct search terms. So they are both easy to buy.

I have just got a 1 litre 10% solution of Sodium Hypochloride total cost including shipping 107 baht, time to receive 2 days, I could have got flakes but they are too dangerous for me. For acetic acid 99.85% 1 litre is available for about 200 Baht shipped
IMG_5213.jpeg
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 2, 2023, 6:55 am

I'd be very careful using an Alkaline based product like Caustic Soda or Sodium Hypochlorite (as mentioned above). Can have an adverse effect on the grout.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 2, 2023, 8:53 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
May 2, 2023, 6:55 am
I'd be very careful using an Alkaline based product like Caustic Soda or Sodium Hypochlorite (as mentioned above). Can have an adverse effect on the grout.
Good advice for any chemical, test on a small area first

just a FWIW Sodium Hypochlorite in low concentrations is AKA bleach also ACETIC ACID GLACIAL 99.85% in a 95% H20 solution is AKA vinegar

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 2, 2023, 9:52 am

kakariki wrote:
Hi all
Thanks Barry
My wife uses a product called Duck to clean the bathroom floor. If you let it on the floor too long it will eat the grout. Our village water is very hard. She sprayed the car windows and they dried with very hard to remove water spots. I finally put on a rubber glove and used the Duck on the windows. It quickly removed water spots.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 2, 2023, 9:54 am

kakariki wrote:
Hi all
Thanks Barry
My wife uses a product called Duck to clean the bathroom floor. If you let it on the floor too long it will eat the grout. Our village water is very hard. She sprayed the car windows and they dried with very hard to remove water spots. I finally put on a rubber glove and used the Duck on the windows. It quickly removed water spots.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 2, 2023, 12:09 pm

glalt wrote:
May 2, 2023, 9:54 am
Yes I agree, Duck (in its raw form) is good in our shower recess. It's a modular unit made of fibre glass with acrylic glass sliding doors so there are no ill effects. As stated one MUST ware gloves and a mask - the fumes can be over powering.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

kakariki
udonmap.com

Post by kakariki » May 2, 2023, 12:23 pm

So this is the offending problem, just a ring of dirt around where some pots where sitting. I've just tried thinners, Methanol and a light hit with the brush in the angle grinder, some has come off. I'm going to browse through Dohome etc and see what else there is, but Hydro Chloric acid is looking good at the moment.
Attachments
20230502_122205.jpg

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 2, 2023, 12:43 pm

kakariki wrote:
May 2, 2023, 12:23 pm
So this is the offending problem, just a ring of dirt around where some pots where sitting. I've just tried thinners, Methanol and a light hit with the brush in the angle grinder, some has come off. I'm going to browse through Dohome etc and see what else there is, but Hydro Chloric acid is looking good at the moment.
Almost certainly pressure washing will do 90% if not 100%
Before
IMG_5220.jpeg
During
IMG_3054.jpeg
After
IMG_3051.jpeg
Then hit the spots that need more treatment later

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”