Vehicle wrapping?

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Vehicle wrapping?

Post by tamada » January 17, 2022, 10:04 am

From what I understand, wrapping can damage the basic paintwork so when it gets tatty or one gets fed up with the look, peeling off the wrap reveals paint in an even worse state than before.

Have you ever had the vehicle properly valeted? There's all sorts of treatments that when applied by professionals, can restore a lustrous finish. There's also clay bar treatments that work well to remove the crud that dulls the factory finish.

Regular washes don't hack it. My Ranger is in its eighth year and despite frequent washes, the overall finish is dull and gritty. This is nothing that can't be solved by the deep cleaning that a valeting service can provide.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » January 17, 2022, 10:13 am

There used to be a car wrapping place in UD Town next to the railway tracks, however I think it closed couple years back. We got a price from them 3 years ago to wrap a pick up for 20,000 baht using a quality wrap.

However based on you just wanting to keep the vehicle black and it just being scratches / marks I'd recommend a high quality detail / wax / polish. Is amazing what can be done by a good quality detailer especially as you do not have dents to be filled.

I'm not up to.date with where the best places are but used to be one near to Dose cafe (the big one).

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 17, 2022, 11:42 am

50 meters up from Dose Factory, same side

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 17, 2022, 11:54 am

deankham wrote:
January 17, 2022, 10:13 am
There used to be a car wrapping place in UD Town next to the railway tracks, however I think it closed couple years back. We got a price from them 3 years ago to wrap a pick up for 20,000 baht using a quality wrap.

However based on you just wanting to keep the vehicle black and it just being scratches / marks I'd recommend a high quality detail / wax / polish. Is amazing what can be done by a good quality detailer especially as you do not have dents to be filled.

I'm not up to.date with where the best places are but used to be one near to Dose cafe (the big one).
Yes, detailing/valeting would be the way to go first. There's Beyond on the north side of Nong Prajak. It had a lot of favorable comments a few years back.

Anyway, a quick Google for "car wash near me" will also bring up the valeting and detailing shops. No shortage in a nation that loves their cars.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 17, 2022, 12:39 pm

parrot wrote:
January 17, 2022, 11:42 am
50 meters up from Dose Factory, same side
In Thai, the name is Star Auto Detailing
https://www.facebook.com/40418862973668 ... 5006569700

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » January 17, 2022, 12:41 pm

^ yes Parrot, that is the place I was thinking of.

Always seems to be high end cars in there.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 17, 2022, 1:09 pm

tamada wrote:
January 17, 2022, 10:04 am
From what I understand, wrapping can damage the basic paintwork so when it gets tatty or one gets fed up with the look, peeling off the wrap reveals paint in an even worse state than before.
i also cringe at wrap jobs. granted exceptions like
turning your truck into a rolling billboard/ ad space

they stopped using lacquers in late 70s . then it
was enamels and now sometimes urethanes. even clearcoats they had nightmarish problems
industry-wide flaking & failure to adhere.

henry fords jaw would drop. from hand brushing
model t's to now, they even bake finishes. probably
robots doing spraying at plant. its a freak show

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 17, 2022, 2:20 pm

Stanley Road wrote:
January 17, 2022, 9:20 am
I have a Ford Everest which is looking a bit beaten up, paint wise. There are no dents or bumps - purely just very light scratches, and stains from where my dog has head-shook slobber onto the paintwork and it has eaten into the lacquer. Believe it or not, its mostly the latter - my dog has kamado dragon like slobber, I guess.

It badly needs tarting up. I enquired at a decent paint shop on the ring road and I am looking at around 50K for a new paint job which I could do without. I wondered if wrapping might be much cheaper and if so, anyone know a decent place in Udon? I'm presuming there are different levels of quality in terms of the wrap look and lifespan, and dont want to get stitched up paying over the odds for something poor quality when I will not know the difference, on ordering.

Any ideas roughly on price for a big motor like that? Im looking for a regular black Everest-like finish, whatever the term for that is. Metalic finish, I suppose.

Thanks a bunch

SR
My car getting total respray next week, quite a few dents that missus had as it was her first car, $18K near Kut Chap. Same guy resprayed my bike 6 months ago and did cracking job. My car is smaller than yours but I would be surprised if it would be more than 25K
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 17, 2022, 6:36 pm

Stanley, if you get your vehicle detailed, please followup with what company you used, cost, and quality of service.....in case others are interested.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » January 17, 2022, 8:09 pm

Stanley Road wrote:
January 17, 2022, 9:20 am
I have a Ford Everest which is looking a bit beaten up, paint wise. ... I wondered if wrapping might be much cheaper
Wouldn't wrapping just preserve and protect the imperfections?

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 18, 2022, 9:19 am

im a dinosaur. i only recently accepted the clay bar
thing might help remove grit. i suppose a veteran
detail guy would know . what was possible 🤔

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 20, 2022, 7:21 pm

Stanley.

Not sure how to spell the village Huack Huwha (sound like hawk wah), Guy's name is Suk, phone is 0833322658, he is 4km on the road East of Kut Chap heading towards Udon. Good luck, he has just painted a mate's car, great job.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”