Shopping for mobile internet?

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
tamada
udonmap.com

Shopping for mobile internet?

Post by tamada » June 29, 2020, 9:40 am

DTAC special. Get yours now!

LAST Chance! Internet 10GB MaxSpeed 7 days for only 49B from 199B (excl.VAT). Buy now *222*50# or https://dtac.co.th/s/HotDeal within 30/6/20

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: Shopping for mobile internet?

Post by semperfiguy » June 29, 2020, 5:22 pm

I recently renewed my AIS internet service on my cell phone, and the best deal I could find was....Unlimited Internet at 1 Mbps speed for 12 months for 1800 Baht. That's only 150 Baht per month. I have used this service for 2 years and the speed is more than adequate for my needs. It used to cost only 100 baht per month, but they discontinued the lesser expensive service and replaced it with a cost of 1800 Baht for 12 months. Just top up your AIS account and apply through your online account. They will take out the full 1800 Baht and you're good to go for 12 months. Here's an extra hint....use your phone as a mobile hotspot and connect with your PC at home. No additional internet package is needed for your home service, and no wi-fi router needed. No hassles! Easy peasy!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 29, 2020, 5:48 pm

Well I read what people do and to say I am astounded would be being kind. I have Fibre Optin into the house and supplies me with all the Internet I require, for Laptop and also supplies TV as well.
I looked at conecting to the interenet outside and to be honest with so many places now having free wi-fi available, all you have to do is use their system and password, that is is rather pointless having an Internet SIM , costs more to maintain .
There are times when it is really nice not having the phone beeping at you about this and that and you control access to yourself . Peace of mind.
I have Mobile numbers as well as emails, if it is that important call me. You can or course leave a message or email , I will eventually get around to it . One has to control ones personal space otherwise as we see you are never off the phone.

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » June 30, 2020, 11:13 am

If you want a decent mobile phone hotspot for a PC or streaming the TV from you need a minimum 10mbps no limit unlimited package. The 10GB Maxspeed offer I got on my phone advertised this week for 49THB from DTAC won't do as the 10GB will be used up within a day or two and then you will be on 64kbps throttle back speeds.

For 10mbps no limit unlimited the cheapest is about 200THB a week or sometimes they put the price upto 300THB/w. Cheaper plans for a year can be had with special SIM cards from 200THB/m for this, they sell them on Lazada and Shopee.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 30, 2020, 2:23 pm

For primary roaming, I have DTAC Super Max-Net non-stop max speed 5Gb, dropping to 64 kbps for 299 baht a month.
I also have AIS 3G MaoMao max speed 1Gb for 199 baht a month as a backup. AIS is also my primary voice line but I hardly use that in lieu of WhatsApp, LINE and other services.

I find the DTAC service is enough for listening to streaming radio and podcasts for maybe 3 hours a day and making the infrequent hot-spot for certain, highly privileged family members. I have the regular 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi at home on a night curfew so the kids get to sleep and stop the freeloaders.The 5GHz is for the token farangs use only.

Apart from a couple of pubs (that I haven't been to in months!), I gave up on using the free Wi-Fi options while out and about in malls and shopping, etc.. I found the inconsistent log-in demands and 'wrong passwords' along with mostly low-speed, overloaded or just plain disconnected modems a PITA. Now I just jump in the truck or on the bike and the phone switches from Wi-Fi to mobile internet seamlessly.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 30, 2020, 8:44 pm

I’ve got internet in the truck. I have no idea where, what or how it works, the truck just becomes a hotspot as if by magic when the engine starts. Very rarely drops out or slows to an unusable speed. Keeps The Girl fully occupied with Baby Shark & Mrs N with Farcebook whilst I’m driving listening to streaming tunes.

Actually, this probably isn’t a very good recommendation, sorry 🙏 😂
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 1, 2020, 6:45 am

I will say just this, in this ever increasingly connected world and judging by the wanton screaming idiots regarding BLM and other issues recently , the ability of A HUMAN BEING to actually communicate with another MAN/Woman/Whatever, is becoming Rare. In fact also judging by some of the comments I have read , the level of stupidity is also rising

The art of communication is that the other person understands what you are saying, if they do not understand, then it is you that has failed to communicate, not them for not understanding.
These days communication is one way , the people sending the information have no idea if you understand, neither do they care and it is showing that a small internet story gets blown out of all proportion, by media, FB,Twitter etc, by people who really do not understand, nor care the impact their actions may have.
So therefore the restriction of the information coming in is a worthwhile exercise, helps to keep ones sanity . Likewise children, try talking to them, something our parents did, with some degree of success, I might add. Burying their heads into an electronic device is a no-brainer to me, who knows what info they are picking up , judging by in many cases the complete lack of respect and manners, quite a lot that is negative it seems to me.

We already have the internet in our homes, is it so important that you carry it around with you in your pocket to interfere with your daily life as if NOT knowing will kill you, or at least make your life so miserable that NOT having it means you are unconnected from reality . Hello, reality is where you are, what you are doing, not what others are saying or doing , trust me nothing except the declaration of a war will hurt your daily life , and even then these days such a declaration may mean the end of your life in any event, so knowing is more scary than not knowing.

It was once said that eventually Man will loser the ability to speak because the age of electronics and technology will thinking not required, thereby making conversation outdated. In some cases I believe we are there already.

Lack of Internet is wonderful , frees the mind to enjoy what is around you and the people around you .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 1, 2020, 2:07 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
July 1, 2020, 6:45 am
I will say just this, in this ever increasingly connected world and judging by the wanton screaming idiots regarding BLM and other issues recently , the ability of A HUMAN BEING to actually communicate with another MAN/Woman/Whatever, is becoming Rare. In fact also judging by some of the comments I have read , the level of stupidity is also rising

The art of communication is that the other person understands what you are saying, if they do not understand, then it is you that has failed to communicate, not them for not understanding.
These days communication is one way , the people sending the information have no idea if you understand, neither do they care and it is showing that a small internet story gets blown out of all proportion, by media, FB,Twitter etc, by people who really do not understand, nor care the impact their actions may have.
So therefore the restriction of the information coming in is a worthwhile exercise, helps to keep ones sanity . Likewise children, try talking to them, something our parents did, with some degree of success, I might add. Burying their heads into an electronic device is a no-brainer to me, who knows what info they are picking up , judging by in many cases the complete lack of respect and manners, quite a lot that is negative it seems to me.

We already have the internet in our homes, is it so important that you carry it around with you in your pocket to interfere with your daily life as if NOT knowing will kill you, or at least make your life so miserable that NOT having it means you are unconnected from reality . Hello, reality is where you are, what you are doing, not what others are saying or doing , trust me nothing except the declaration of a war will hurt your daily life , and even then these days such a declaration may mean the end of your life in any event, so knowing is more scary than not knowing.

It was once said that eventually Man will loser the ability to speak because the age of electronics and technology will thinking not required, thereby making conversation outdated. In some cases I believe we are there already.

Lack of Internet is wonderful , frees the mind to enjoy what is around you and the people around you .
Jeesuz wept, what are you in about?
The OP is telling us about a particularly good but short lived DTAC deal. Just don’t sign up if you’re happy with your unconnected life
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”