Question about this new Bio Diesel

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Question about this new Bio Diesel

Post by parrot » April 20, 2020, 9:56 am

Here's some answers if you translate the link in chrome
https://www.greennetworkthailand.com/%E ... %E0%B8%B0/
And now, time for a learning Thai language plug:. Way back before the Nongkai or Nongbualamphu highways were 4 lane, when we were buying our first pickup, I asked my wife to ask about the fuel capacity of the truck we intended to buy. She didn't think that was important to ask. I told myself then that I had to learn enough of the language to survive on my own. It took several yesterday for me to buckle down, but eventually I did. I found the link above by searching for รถกระบะใช้ไบโอดีเซล b20 ได้ไหม. Google translate did the rest for me on the article. A little language goes s long way to answering questions about life in Thailand

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 20, 2020, 10:04 am

The gas station I normally use has a pump named B20. It is a little cheaper and was worth a try. My truck is a 2017 Isuzu 3.0 liter turbo 4X4. The first tank full actually did a little better as far as kilometers per liter. I could tell no difference in performance. The Isuzu has way more power than I need.

The truck I had before the Isuzu was a 2006 Nissan 3.0 liter with no turbo. (no power at all) At that time B10 was available. I used the B10 until they quit selling it. Maybe I should add that I still have the old 2006 Nissan and we use it for a farm truck. It has had a hard life but the engine has never had any problems.

I'll continue to use the B20 in my Isuzu. I think the B20 has some detergent action and keeps the fuel system cleaner than regular diesel.

I always liked Shell products. I ran one full tank of the premium Shell diesel on a trip and decided it was a waste of money. I could tell absolutely no difference. Not only that but I think the kilometers per liter actually dropped. I tried it because some guys were raving how great it is.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 27, 2020, 8:32 am

Well there you go my garage had B10.
Right adjacent to the normal diesel pump. Even got a little sign on the ground at the entry, only been there a short time according to the server.

I didn’t and will not be changing over. The wheel ain’t broken. Plus it’s an environmental issue for me. Chopping down good rainforest trees to grow palms for oil blending don’t seem the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 27, 2020, 10:04 am

I look at it a bit differently. Palm oil trees are better than no trees. They provide a lot of jobs and a usable product. The palm oil prices are/were at a pitiful level and many plantation owners have simply given up. A friend of mine invested quite a bit of money planting trees on his (wife's) vacant land. He never got even close to recovering his investment. The harvesting and transportation cost more than the product was worth.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”