Water Leak

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
Charlieb
udonmap.com

Water Leak

Post by Charlieb » April 4, 2020, 10:19 am

I think we have a water leak perhaps under the foundation. The pump runs constantly and we can hear water through the pipes. We have had the local handyman over a few times but nothing definitive found.

I know in the US plumbers have leak detection equipment and can pinpoint a leak even if under the foundation. Thus far I have not been able to find a real plumber in Udon much less one that can find a leak.

Does anyone have knowledge of someone or a company that could find and fix the leak?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Water Leak

Post by Doodoo » April 4, 2020, 10:31 am

Sorry Charlie I dont know of any companies , but that doesnt mean there arent any

This is the type of equipment you might be looking for

https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/searc ... tion=click

Good luck

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » April 4, 2020, 10:36 am

We had the exact same problem just 3 days ago! What a time for this type of thing to happen! I thought we would have to break up a perimeter walkway. What a mess!

Are you familiar with layout of the PVC around your house? You may be able to bypass the problem by tapping into a different area of your PVC line. We have two separate lines which made it work. We went right into our outdoor hose supply. Those tend to be great for this purpose because the PVC is typically in plain sight on the lower part of the outside wall. You would also typically need to cap the line somewhere else to prevent water from leaking in the same place in the other direction. Hope that makes sense and is possible for you!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 5, 2020, 8:25 am

anefarious1 wrote:
April 4, 2020, 10:36 am
We had the exact same problem just 3 days ago! What a time for this type of thing to happen! I thought we would have to break up a perimeter walkway. What a mess!

Are you familiar with layout of the PVC around your house? You may be able to bypass the problem by tapping into a different area of your PVC line. We have two separate lines which made it work. We went right into our outdoor hose supply. Those tend to be great for this purpose because the PVC is typically in plain sight on the lower part of the outside wall. You would also typically need to cap the line somewhere else to prevent water from leaking in the same place in the other direction. Hope that makes sense and is possible for you!
Yes best option, I did it when I bought my house , all pipes now have stop taps and I can isolate any part of the two buildings . All pipes bypassed underground were capped both ends .

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » April 6, 2020, 7:36 am

This all depends on how much of the blue pipe you can see , i had this problem ,trying to locate the leak ,(i had a good idea ,as had problems in that area before , builders setting pipes and forgetting to go back and glue them ) install stop taps ( as indicated by Paul ) at various points junctions of your incoming water ,i managed to get in 4 before i found the source ,it really needs 5 but couldn't be arsed after i'd located the whereabouts ,, number 3 bathroom going to the toilet , under the concrete floor , i had to replace that and all the bathroom plus kitchen, due to it all being under concrete , running the new pipe against the walls outside and just drilling through the wall were needed , i then covered the pipe ( were the sun hits it ) with the aircon pipe insulator , this stops the heat and the sun turning the pipe brittle , now i can isolate to find any further leaks almost anywhere , various parts of house plus workshops , Another good tip (if not already installed ) where the toilets , sinks , shower etc connect at the wall to put in stop taps at that point as well , good luck ,

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 6, 2020, 12:59 pm

Using the welded green pipe and fittings is a better alternative to glued pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”