Fly screens for patio doors

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
mac1966
udonmap.com

Fly screens for patio doors

Post by mac1966 » September 5, 2018, 4:37 pm

Any idea where I can buy a fly screen for a set of double patio doors that open outwards.

There is no central Piller so was thinking about some retractable screen.

Any ideas cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colt1911
udonmap.com

Re: Fly screens for patio doors

Post by colt1911 » September 6, 2018, 12:18 pm

Hi Mack,

I went to Alibaba and saw the retractable screen doors. My Hotel in Singapore had them. I thought the coolest thing and fit well and easy to open and close. The link on Alibaba lists this Thai Company that sells them. Give them a call. Maybe a supplier here in Udon? I'll keep researching. I'm tired of the old sliders that seem to be out of wack after 2 weeks. I'll post here any positive results.
Regards

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... .13.mAIibn

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » September 6, 2018, 12:48 pm

I had retractable fly wire screens at one of my homes in Aus you could bolt one side and when the came together they held together by a magnetic strip in the door itself they were called "Phantom Screen Doors" no idea where you might look here though.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 6, 2018, 7:04 pm

colt1911 wrote:
September 6, 2018, 12:18 pm
Hi Mack,

I went to Alibaba and saw the retractable screen doors. My Hotel in Singapore had them. I thought the coolest thing and fit well and easy to open and close. The link on Alibaba lists this Thai Company that sells them. Give them a call. Maybe a supplier here in Udon? I'll keep researching. I'm tired of the old sliders that seem to be out of wack after 2 weeks. I'll post here any positive results.
Regards

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... .13.mAIibn
That style works very well, most of our windows and doors have them.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » September 7, 2018, 10:11 am

Macca,

As STWW mentioned the sliding screen are effective, I have the concertina style on every external door and window.
They actually can be post fitted to doorways.
Sorry I cant advise on a UT supplier as mine were procured some time ago as a package with the windows and doors from europvc in Pattaya.
They came to UT and fitted everything on the new house. That may not suit you for one door but give them a bell as they may have someone distributing in the Issaan region. Link below.
Only advice from me is just be careful on the quality of the build and fitout as my experience to date is the doors get a lot of use especially if you have young ones.
They keep all sorts of things, as in, vermin and insects and wild life out of the house as they have a good seal.
Got a call from the missus recently and she advised that a nice sized snake was on the pool deck, where we have 4 large double door sliding screens fitted, was having a close look through the closed screens into the house.
Again my gentle education program to my little thai team, "to close the b****y screens" :lol: , has payed dividends.
Goodluck Macca46

https://europvc.co.th/fly-screens

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » September 8, 2018, 10:01 am

Many thanks for the suggestions. Will tell the boss to make some calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”