Pin Ball Machine

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
milkman
udonmap.com

Pin Ball Machine

Post by milkman » August 18, 2017, 11:37 pm

I was just thinking what tremendous fun those machines were. Do you suppose it's possible to get one here in Udon? Or in Bangkok? Thanks! :D

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Re: Pin Ball Machine

Post by Marcosteffano » August 18, 2017, 11:59 pm

Doubt it,they would cost money nowadays.its all computer and digital gizmos now.i was a bit of a wizard in my younger years.i used to love the ones involving card games like getting all the aces or a run jack,then queen,then individual and then ace.

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » August 19, 2017, 5:45 am

A post from another site that may or may not help
Ding

Hi, just to fill you all in on the real go about pinball machines here in Thailand, I am a professional collector and pin enthusiast from Australia now living in Thailand (Kanchanaburi) and have owned and sold over 20 pins over the last 15 years (mostly in Aus) I have now here in my possession 2 modern (90's) pinball machines with no problems. I got one from Aus and the other from the U.S. shipped by air and sea, I used a Thai friend (who is an agent) to do the paper work for customs though as it was easier, you don't need a permit, they are not illegal as long as you can pay the customs duty which is usually about 20 - 30% of the price paid on the invoice, and a fee for delivery if you want to, one machine I paid altogether 40,000bht to get entirely through customs and delivered by truck to my door, no hassles no questions. The machines you see at MBK Bkk and other shopping centers (Stern Spider man and Stern Pirates of the Caribbean MBK) have been registered and licensed by the centre management officially so as to allow them to take coins and make money on them and for public play. My machines are at home and therefore are not used to make profit...this is important if you wish to import one and to make sure you state on the form that it is for home use only and NOT personal monetary benefit. You pay the fee, I know it's exorbitant, but if you are like me an advent pinball enthusiast it's worth it, and I know I can sell them later on for at least what i paid for them as they are in immaculate condition (I have Data east 'Star wars' 1992 and Williams 'Funhouse' 1990 and am going to get Stern 'Elvis' 2004 very soon!) also I get spare parts; bulbs rubbers etc..from an on-line shop in the U.S. again, no problem sent through international post service. hope this is helpful to you.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » August 19, 2017, 9:22 am

Yes.They are great fun.I used to own an original 1978 Bally Playboy machine,complete with wolf whistles 555.It was a sassy piece of equipment.The only real issue I had was the continual maintence that it required as it aged.Back then (mid 90's) it was rather difficult to source parts etc....plus I really did not have the expertise to carry out the repairs.I sold in 1996 for $350 AUD 555 :lol:
Voiceover for hire.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 19, 2017, 12:05 pm

Bangkok .. Sukhumvit soi 77 , this is Onut rd .. soi 17 off Onut rd a shop sells pinball machines i go past it regularly also sells upright old vintage gasoline pumps and juke boxes etc along with many other imported oddities .. mainly from the USA by the look it .

I can stop n get you a contact phone number if you wish.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

milkman
udonmap.com

Post by milkman » August 20, 2017, 9:52 am

Please do, and name if you can. What great fun those pinball machines were!

danmac

Post by danmac » November 15, 2018, 3:39 pm

Please get in touch with me. My girlfriend has a retro arcade bar in chiang mai. I want to buy her a pinball machine. Find us on
https://www.facebook.com/1Up-Bar-Chiang ... 381364876/

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » November 16, 2018, 7:28 pm

a good way to wean thais off smartfones .. a cafe full of PBs
the only good Tory is a lavatory

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”