dash cam

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
parrot
udonmap.com

dash cam

Post by parrot » February 20, 2017, 4:16 pm

Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations for a dash cam (Toyota Vigo)? Something that could fit behind my rear view mirror would be nice....as it wouldn't interview with my view of things.
Brands, installation locations.......any suggestions welcome

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: dash cam

Post by vincemunday » February 20, 2017, 4:31 pm

I bought a little one from Lazada, they're about 700 baht and so the job nicely. However when I had an accident I was told not to bother pulling the video off because I'm Farang and I'll be in the wrong any way. http://www.lazada.co.th/allwin-full-hd- ... 76398.html
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » February 20, 2017, 7:57 pm

I had doubts about the cheap $12-20 US dash cams, but I ordered one anyway. It's been working away now for several months. I've never actually tried to dump the video data from the SD card, but hopefully it works. There are loads of cheap ones available on AliExpress or wherever you shop online.

The one I ordered was supposed to have a 180 degree view but it turned out to be 120 degrees... for less than $15 it wasn't worth my bothering about. I just wanted a little insurance in case of an accident being blamed on me. Sorry I can't find the link to the model I bought.

When I am driving the car, the suction cup never seems to fail (unit falls off window), but inevitably, when the wife comes back home after driving the car the unit can be found on the floor somewhere. For her it is just a problem as the USB power wire hangs down to the cigarette lighter outlet. Heaven forbid... but somehow okay for the Chinese woo-woo voodoo charms to hang down from the mirror :)
vincemunday wrote:However when I had an accident I was told not to bother pulling the video off because I'm Farang and I'll be in the wrong any way.
That's disturbing... but not unexpected. I'd be interested to hear more of the story.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 21, 2017, 7:30 am

Over the years I have had two cheap models, less than a 1,000bht bought from upstairs in Landmark, they functioned perfectly but now both are unusable because the part that clamps them to the screen is broken, anyone know where I can get new ones .The dealers don't want to know spare parts.Don't really want to buy another one when these are still good, but if I do I will pay more to get one with good night time recording, these are useless for that .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 21, 2017, 7:36 am

I saw some clamps on the market at the festival that might do the job, they're really for holding mobiles and satnav but they'll most likely do the job with a little bit of tweaking.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 21, 2017, 8:05 am

vincemunday wrote:I saw some clamps on the market at the festival that might do the job, they're really for holding mobiles and satnav but they'll most likely do the job with a little bit of tweaking.
Thanks for the tip, going that way today will take a look.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » February 21, 2017, 1:51 pm

http://www.elinz.com.au/?rf=kw&kw=dash+cam

Saw these recently and the owner said very good. Easy to wire into 12 V in the dash etc. No wires

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 1, 2019, 3:13 pm

I had one of those cheapo-suction-cup-fall-off-rear-view-mirror kind in our older truck, but finally bought a newer model for our 2018 Revo. I couldn't find what I considered a modern version in the several stores I visited so bought off Lazada.....Xiaomi M70pro for 1650 Baht. There's a fullup online English operating manual.....I installed it myself easily enough. Plenty of wire to hide away. Android app allows wifi from camera to phone....download photos/videos. Voice prompts for taking photos or videos while driving. Extra module that provides voice notifications of lane departure, front vehicle start costs 500 Baht. The camera unit is very small and fits easily behind my Revo rear view mirror.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » November 2, 2019, 8:43 am

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/113042 ... mIM5_xvsS0

Hope this link works , video footage ,they have finally learnt this scam , jumping infront of vehicles ,
so more reason to get a dash cam put in , easy to do ,
Last edited by Hoopoe on November 2, 2019, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » November 2, 2019, 8:57 am

Hoopoe wrote:
November 2, 2019, 8:43 am
orum.thaivisa.com/topic/1130421-video-insurance-scammer-caught-on-tape-running-in-front-of-car/?fbclid=IwAR0cwgz1vOSSucFolWGgN55brQtMsQhgrdt4EvO3j_VjRHiv9zBBHWrOMyU

Hope this link works , video footage ,they have finally learnt this scam , jumping infront of vehicles ,
Nope, link no good

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 2, 2019, 9:14 am

I had a cheap dash cam that appeared to be working fine. My wife had an accident and the truck was hit on the right front. It was hit hard enough that the camera was knocked off the windshield. The other party that hit her admitted that it was their fault after they saw the camera. Unfortunately the camera no longer worked but I was certain that the memory card would be OK. WRONG, it too got scrambled and now the other party decided that it was my wife's fault. My insurance paid for their car but I had to pay for my truck.

Anyways I now have Xiaomi cameras that have WiFi. I can look at what is recorded on my phone. I have one in my wife's car and one in my truck. Those cameras are hard on memory cards so I bought two heavy duty cards that cost nearly as much as the cameras.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » November 2, 2019, 9:14 am

Stantheman wrote:
November 2, 2019, 8:57 am
Hoopoe wrote:
orum.thaivisa.com/topic/1130421-video-insurance-scammer-caught-on-tape-running-in-front-of-car/?fbclid=IwAR0cwgz1vOSSucFolWGgN55brQtMsQhgrdt4EvO3j_VjRHiv9zBBHWrOMyU

Nope, link no good
just re edited , should be ok now ,

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 2, 2019, 9:26 am

glalt wrote:
November 2, 2019, 9:14 am
I had a cheap dash cam that appeared to be working fine. My wife had an accident and the truck was hit on the right front. It was hit hard enough that the camera was knocked off the windshield. The other party that hit her admitted that it was their fault after they saw the camera. Unfortunately the camera no longer worked but I was certain that the memory card would be OK. WRONG, it too got scrambled and now the other party decided that it was my wife's fault. My insurance paid for their car but I had to pay for my truck.

Anyways I now have Xiaomi cameras that have WiFi. I can look at what is recorded on my phone. I have one in my wife's car and one in my truck. Those cameras are hard on memory cards so I bought two heavy duty cards that cost nearly as much as the cameras.
The xiaomi instruction booklet recommends reformatting the memory card every couple of weeks. Easy enough to do, if you remember. I don't know if that makes any difference in keeping the card in working order

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » November 2, 2019, 1:11 pm

parrot I have a go pro 6 here its a great little dash cam which i mount on my Helmet its only an Inch cube i tried uploading footage but i find it difficult. Can you post a thread the mugs easy way to upload vids on here cheers Vlad.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 2, 2019, 8:24 pm

vlad wrote:
November 2, 2019, 1:11 pm
parrot I have a go pro 6 here its a great little dash cam which i mount on my Helmet its only an Inch cube i tried uploading footage but i find it difficult. Can you post a thread the mugs easy way to upload vids on here cheers Vlad.
You can’t upload video. You need to put it somewhere first like YouTube then post a link.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

laksnrub
udonmap.com

Post by laksnrub » November 2, 2019, 8:51 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/113042 ... mIM5_xvsS0

so more reason to get a dash cam put in , easy to do ,
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/113042 ... b=comments
Quality is best done first

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”