Electrical Shop

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
joepai
udonmap.com

Electrical Shop

Post by joepai » May 15, 2023, 2:10 pm

Looking for an electric shop for junction boxes, lugs, glands etc – a shop that knows what they are talking about unlike the big box stores with kids serving

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Electrical Shop

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 15, 2023, 2:12 pm

Place directly opposite the Museum , next to the MRI scan building... they got everything and know their stuff....or another location also very good near entrance to the airport behind the 7-11

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » May 15, 2023, 2:52 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 15, 2023, 2:12 pm
Place directly opposite the Museum , next to the MRI scan building... they got everything and know their stuff....or another location also very good near entrance to the airport behind the 7-11

DM
Thank you John - appreciate that
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Pikolim

Post by Pikolim » September 25, 2023, 11:09 pm

joepai wrote:
May 15, 2023, 2:10 pm
Looking for an electric shop for junction boxes, lugs, glands etc – a shop that knows what they are talking about unlike the big box stores with kids serving
Usually I type what kind of store I need on google and they show me the nearest ones.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » September 26, 2023, 6:55 pm

Udon Siri Tam Electric
17.41085669723435, 102.78809135358178
https://www.google.com/maps/dir//128+Ma ... ?entry=ttu
Not great english but they know their products well if you bring a Thai speaker. The owner lady speaks some english.

Electric shop behind 711 by Airport DM spoke of:
17.388865289365658, 102.76865489439015
https://www.google.com/maps/dir//128+Ma ... ?entry=ttu
This mom and pop shop has a little of everything including at least one good field electrician (he wears a vest). English again is weak but the daughter of the owners (generally in the back office) speaks english.

If I'm just buying what you described, and don't need advice, Thai Watsadu have what you need (as do all big box shops). The cashier system is still the shits there but they do have at least one staff member that speaks english and they usually go get her/him for the difficult conversations. Just take a breath if there are three or four customers checking out in front of you.

DoHome will have all you need and have a little cashier back there for the quick purchases since it will take the rest of the steps your phone counts for the day to get back out to the carpark ;-)

ToolPro may have everything too and always have a couple of helpful staff that I can generally communicate with (especially when I have a phone with pictures in hand). The owners there are both tall fellas and drive the black BMW(s) parked out front do speak excellent english if they are out walking the isles (which is rare).

If its the big stuff you need and a hydraulic crimper, I think I got mine at Global House. Global will have all you need too but may be spread over a couple of isles. Once in a while I get someone that speaks english but I have found most of the older guys (say in their 40's or 50's) seem to know what they are looking at.

Then there is the old reliable HomePro. Way overstaffed as they all are but generally the third of fourth person they ask will speak some english. There selection always surprises me when I think they will not have something, they generally do. Its sister, Mega Home will be better once they build the one next door. The Mega in NongKhai is a splendid place to shop.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » September 27, 2023, 9:57 am

Thanks for the info about the Mega Home going in next door to Home Pro.
I was wondering what they were building there.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

tabanaac
udonmap.com

Post by tabanaac » January 15, 2024, 12:56 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 15, 2023, 2:12 pm

DM
Thanks for the info on electrical shops.
I used the one opposite the museum to buy a decent timer power box.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”