Shelving Wanted

Furniture wanted and for sale in Udon Thani
petl
udonmap.com

Shelving Wanted

Post by petl » February 17, 2021, 2:33 pm

I need about 3-4m total length of 1.5-2m high x bout 0.5m wide metal shelving to tidy up my shed/workshop. Anything pre-owned available?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: Shelving Wanted

Post by Niggly » February 17, 2021, 3:45 pm

I too wanted some shelving for my garage. Spent ages trawling the internet for secondhand but couldn’t find any local. Eventually found a shop on the way to Nong Han advertising used racking on Facebook Marketplace so took a drive over. It was really rusty & not at all like the picture but I thought I could refurb if it was the right price. Trying to get information from the lady was a nightmare, I think she was really a hoarder & didn’t want to sell. Started telling me it was only the uprights for sale on the ad & she didn’t have crosssbeams even though I could clearly see them stacked against the wall. She eventually gave me such a stupid price I walked away.
After about 3 months of looking for secondhand I ended up buying this from Global which was a lot cheaper than the rusty, incomplete secondhand stuff I’d found

You may have a different experience. Good luck 👍
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 17, 2021, 9:08 pm

Contact Mr Tui .. CAMEL CONSTRUCTION located on the Nong Sai road about 4km from the Eastern side ring road .. they construct walk in freezers and chillers and are used by 7/11 and Tesco etc , also install shelving both for shops and racking for industrial units and factories .
As many places re fit or close they always have a lot of second hand units and shelving for both inside the chillers/freezers and ware houses..

Tel Tui .. 0813910216 .. he does not speak English so get a Thai to call him for details / directions

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 19, 2021, 7:26 am

in addition .. if you callmr Tui and arrange ameet up take a pic of the style of shelving you want he has so much stuff there at his factory unit.

Max at the Cheese 2 Meet You shop has just bought new shelving go talk to him as well.. he knows where to buy and /or may have some second hand he wants to sell.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 19, 2021, 12:14 pm

Petl

If you haven’t purchased yet I have bought same shelving as you require. Had to tidy up nuts and bolts and plumbing nick knacks.
Heading up the Nong Khai road. From the new tunnel at the ring road travel a few hundred meter up on the left, just passed the overhead pedestrian route.
He has 2nd hand Image
shelving as in photos. Take the missus to go in first and get the good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » February 19, 2021, 4:11 pm

We bought some from the shop mentioned. I though they were ok but watch and not cut your hands on them as they are not finished off properly. I mean the edges are not dressed..

petl
udonmap.com

Post by petl » February 20, 2021, 7:18 am

Good info, thanks. Could you pls suggest how much we should pay?

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 20, 2021, 9:04 am

petl wrote:Good info, thanks. Could you pls suggest how much we should pay?
If your referring to the photos I posted.
These will be, depending on size.ie, width is shelf and height, from just less than 1000 bht to around 2000 bht.
Ready to go, sturdy for medium heavy items and painted in good condition.
Have solid shelf and basket type shelf.
Never had a problem cutting my hands from unfinished edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petl
udonmap.com

Post by petl » February 22, 2021, 11:05 am

Thanks again for the replies, unfortunately due to some new car and health problems, my project has been shelved for a bit, hope to get back to it later.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 12, 2021, 3:06 pm

don't wait too long, those projects will stack up on you... :D
Dave

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 15, 2021, 7:04 am

When I wanted some shelving for a garage I was running, it was suggested to me to take my design or requirements to a local metal working shop and ask them for a price. Not only did they do a good job, but these days they need the work.
I followed it up with my flag pole/mast and it is still in excellent shape ( following a complete repaint after 18 years of standing out in the rain/sun/wind) The shelves too are still as robust and sturdy, Price reasonable and you can choose your own colour as well to match your decorative desires. Plus you will find they will deliver, now with all those positives. use local labour and make people happy.

Return to “Furniture wanted and for sale”