Wanted to buy Moderna Vaccine

Miscellaneous goods for sale/wanted/free in Udon Thani
Charlieb
udonmap.com

Wanted to buy Moderna Vaccine

Post by Charlieb » October 16, 2021, 10:21 am

Posting for a friend.
He wants to buy Moderna vaccine for his wife. He has the Pfizer but needs to get the wife vaccinated.
He is requesting to buy from someone that has an early queue number - November if possible.
Willing to pay original cost.

PM me if interested.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Wanted to buy Moderna Vaccine

Post by jackspratt » October 17, 2021, 4:23 pm

Charlie you might want to put a link to this ad, or even copy it, on the main forum.

This thread seems to be getting the most "Moderna" attention: viewtopic.php?f=139&t=51347&p=629345&hi ... na#p629361

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » October 17, 2021, 6:36 pm

I don't know Jack. This thread has had 173 views and no response. I'll see what friend wants to do.
Thanks

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » October 18, 2021, 12:31 pm

I thought there would be lots of people trying to sell their Moderna shots because Pfizer came though. I am also looking for Moderna for my wife.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 18, 2021, 1:15 pm

Quite a few members who subscribed to Moderna were initially upset at paying for something that either hadn't been ordered or hadn't been approved for purchase, depending on which entity was being economical with the truth. With delivery dates firming up, the need for booster shots and the general opinion outside Thailand that Moderna fits the bill for a booster, the 'wasted money' may be turning into a prescient investment for some?

Good luck in getting some though.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » October 18, 2021, 4:40 pm

Is this even ethical??? 8-[

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 18, 2021, 5:39 pm

deankham wrote:
October 18, 2021, 4:40 pm
Not a question of ethics. Many members here have prepaid for Moderna but taken advantage of the Pfizer roll out so may use one dose as a booster but have the 2nd available for sale.
I may even consider buying a Moderna as a booster for myself. Nod Nob Wink Wink - hello friends!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 18, 2021, 8:01 pm

deankham wrote:
In what way is it not ethical?

Commodity for sale, and on-sale.

Baht Man
udonmap.com

Post by Baht Man » February 15, 2022, 5:17 pm

Free at Rajaphat University
The more hair I loose, the more head I get.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » February 16, 2022, 7:48 pm

jackspratt wrote:
October 18, 2021, 8:01 pm
deankham wrote:
In what way is it not ethical?

Commodity for sale, and on-sale.
Heavily delayed response, but is an interesting concept. Should a Vaccine be considered as a commodity that can be freely traded like an iphone or pint of milk? I'd say not in this case. They should be rolled out in a fair and transparent manor to those who need them most, and not only those who can afford them.

Just my thoughts, but what do you think? :-k

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 16, 2022, 8:26 pm

But Moderna was never proposed to be rolled out fairly and transparently then - it was just for those who at the time wished to pay.

The "free" stuff subsequently became available, which did somewhat turn Moderna into a tradeable commodity - particularly if there were willing buyers and sellers.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 17, 2022, 8:45 pm

jackspratt wrote:
February 16, 2022, 8:26 pm
But Moderna was never proposed to be rolled out fairly and transparently then - it was just for those who at the time wished to pay.

The "free" stuff subsequently became available, which did somewhat turn Moderna into a tradeable commodity - particularly if there were willing buyers and sellers.
Not quite true Pratt. I was told by the local health clinic that as a Farang I/we were at the very back of the queue and would not be considered until all Thai's had been vaccinated. Then Moderna came along with pre payment for delivery mid Oct 2021. Lots of Farang's ended up paying for the vaccine which became a fiasco under Government rules. Thankfully American Pfizer was donated by a very generous USA and most of us were double vaccinated for free before end of October, I will use mine as a booster for me and the wife when the time comes. Just would question the ethics of some who will sell their Moderna and then go and seek a FREE booster from USA donated Pfizer vaccine.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 21, 2022, 12:31 pm

^ As a fellow Jockinese, that last bit is less about ethics as it is about eminently sound and sensible economics.

Any clues on this "some" you refer to?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 25, 2022, 11:13 am

AlexO wrote:
February 17, 2022, 8:45 pm
jackspratt wrote:
February 16, 2022, 8:26 pm

Not quite true Pratt. I was told by the local health clinic that as a Farang I/we were at the very back of the queue and would not be considered until all Thai's had been vaccinated. Then Moderna came along with pre payment for delivery mid Oct 2021. Lots of Farang's ended up paying for the vaccine which became a fiasco under Government rules. Thankfully American Pfizer was donated by a very generous USA and most of us were double vaccinated for free before end of October, I will use mine as a booster for me and the wife when the time comes. Just would question the ethics of some who will sell their Moderna and then go and seek a FREE booster from USA donated Pfizer vaccine.

There was a LOT of confusion regarding Vaccinations, but eventually in all this the Thai Government stated quite clearly that everyone on the Kingdom would be vaccinated ( included all foreigners. ) My local health clinic took all my details and I waited, then was told to go to the Uni for the jab, no need to do anything they had all my details I just turned up .
Many I know spent an awful of time running around like headless chickens in order to get vaccinated.
My take on this was IF you had to travel fair game but if not , patience and it has paid off. Double vaccinated and a Booster all completely free and stress free, which is far more important

Return to “Miscellaneous goods for sale/wanted/free”