Weather in Udon ?

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by tamada » April 29, 2022, 3:23 pm

rick wrote:
April 29, 2022, 10:18 am
Yes, the fridge/freezer getting too hot i noticed some years ago. If the windows are closed in the evening, the heat cannot escape and the fridge keeps pumping out heat trying to stay cool. I have put a fan in front of it and after about 20 minutes it is a lot cooler. Thais do not understand feedback mechanisms.
Good point on refrigeration. One typically gets their air-conditioner cleaned and serviced before the onset of hot season. I would recommend adding your refrigeration, water coolers and anything else with motors, fans and cooling coils to the annual cleaning list.

Our main fridge was struggling this time last year so I unplugged it, wheeled it away from the wall, unscrewed the backing plate, unleashing loads of dust bunnies. Then got into the coils and fans with some paint brushes to get the nasty, sticky dirt out. The fridge worked a lot better after that exercise. I then did the other couple of smaller fridges as well.

If your fridge is backed against a wall that's exposed to the sun on the other side and gets hot, moving the fridge way from the wall a few more inches and adding a fan as rick suggests will help immensely. I leave the bedroom, lounge and dining room ceiling fans on for most of the day and evening as this helps to move the warm air out.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 30, 2022, 7:17 am

Bloody great big storm came through us last night over here in the sticks. High winds, torrential rain and plenty T&L. Lot of standing water on the land just now. There will be a few roofs missing in the area this morning.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 30, 2022, 8:02 am

AlexO wrote:
April 30, 2022, 7:17 am
Bloody great big storm came through us last night over here in the sticks. High winds, torrential rain and plenty T&L. Lot of standing water on the land just now. There will be a few roofs missing in the area this morning.
Big rumblings, distant flashes early on and some late evening sprinkles just off the east ring road. You're out east if I recall right Alex, no? How long did the blow go on for? Hopefully we'll get a few more this coming week.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 30, 2022, 8:26 am

Big rumblings, distant flashes early on and some late evening sprinkles just off the east ring road. You're out east if I recall right Alex, no? How long did the blow go on for? Hopefully we'll get a few more this coming week.

Yes, 50 Km east of the big City. Went on for about 2.5 hours, came from the North. Winds strong enough to push water through the sliding window sashes etc. We had water all over the lounge floor this morning that had come through the windows and main door. Needs strong winds to do that.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 30, 2022, 8:31 am

AlexO wrote:
April 30, 2022, 8:26 am

Yes, 50 Km east of the big City. Went on for about 2.5 hours, came from the North. Winds strong enough to push water through the sliding window sashes etc. We had water all over the lounge floor this morning that had come through the windows and main door. Needs strong winds to do that.
As Oor Willie would say, "Crivens!" That's a meaningful blow and rain dump and I bet there's a fair bit of local damage too. Don't need too many of them. Stay safe ower therr.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 30, 2022, 8:38 am

A misspellling, say it isnt so! Oor Willie
"Oor Wullie
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia"

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 30, 2022, 10:38 am

Doodoo wrote:
April 30, 2022, 8:38 am
A misspellling, say it isnt so! Oor Willie
"Oor Wullie
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia"
"Help ma boab!"

Thanks for hanging on my every word. Gives me a warm, comfy feeling... like pissing myself in a dark suit.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 30, 2022, 1:25 pm

Is that a mis-copy or a mis-paste?

How soon we can forget

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 1, 2022, 7:10 am

Well Jings, Crivens and Help Ma Boab very heavy rain out our way last night but this time no light and sound show or high winds. Just good old vertical rain this time. Nice cool morning with 100% cloud cover.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 1, 2022, 5:05 pm

Where did that come from?

sun still shining , no rain, but sudden gusts of wind took all 4 of neighbours quilts from their balcony and deposited them about 20 yds down the road

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 1, 2022, 5:11 pm

Yip, storm coming in from the north here. Tree's at 45 degrees and sound and light show starting. Just a few bursts of rain. Looks worse going east towards you city boys.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 1, 2022, 5:17 pm

AlexO wrote:
May 1, 2022, 5:11 pm
Yip, storm coming in from the north here. Tree's at 45 degrees and sound and light show starting. Just a few bursts of rain. Looks worse going east towards you city boys.
Thanks for the look ahead. I can confirm a bit of a hoolie ripped through the yard so here's hoping we get the full pelt this time. Apparently there was a very brief but intense downpour maybe two nights back but nothing meaningful.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 1, 2022, 5:20 pm

Hope it doesnt take the wifi out in NK

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 2, 2022, 5:27 am

a wee bit nippy at moment 23 C ? maybe we've
turned corner. forecast says 20's at night all week

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 3, 2022, 3:09 pm

I got into one of those strange habits between 1998-2015 of keeping an excel sheet of daily low/high/evening temp along with rainfall. I did a quick search to see if there were any morning lows in the sixties......none........highs in the 70's ........none. Yesterday morning was 68 and the high thus far today at kilo 18 was 79 and it's cloudy and 3:05PM, so it'll only get cooler now.
There aren't many May days in Udon where we go without the AC on during the day........but yesterday and today, there was no need. Enjoy it while you can!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 4, 2022, 8:55 am

Don't know about the Big City, but out east its very cool to cold this morning. Wearing what I would normally wear in late December, early January. 100% cloud cover as well so not going to warm up much.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 4, 2022, 8:58 am

parrot wrote:
May 3, 2022, 3:09 pm
I got into one of those strange habits between 1998-2015 of keeping an excel sheet of daily low/high/evening temp along with rainfall. I did a quick search to see if there were any morning lows in the sixties......none........highs in the 70's ........none. Yesterday morning was 68 and the high thus far today at kilo 18 was 79 and it's cloudy and 3:05PM, so it'll only get cooler now.
There aren't many May days in Udon where we go without the AC on during the day........but yesterday and today, there was no need. Enjoy it while you can!
I meant to say "did a quick search to see if there were any morning lows in the 60's......during the month of May"

Another beautiful morning.......68!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 4, 2022, 9:48 am

68f so that will be around 21oC.
Must be the cool N.E. breeze that's making it feel a lot cooler than that parrot. Or maybe not living in the upper reaches of the Northern Hemisphere for 15 years have just made me soft or acclimatised.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 5, 2022, 4:04 pm

What a difference a day makes. Nice 25oC at 7am and around 33oC when finished golf round and Makro shopping around 12.30pm.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 7, 2022, 9:07 am

Rainy season began last night.....1.25"

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”