Weather in Udon ?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Barney
udonmap.com

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by Barney » December 21, 2020, 9:11 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:14 last night and forcast 11 overnight tonight ..lovely first time ive used a blanket in years and was please to have mi jack russels to sniggle up.to ...altho little Jilly had terrible doggy flatulence sporadically thru iut the night .

I lovec he weather this time ov year

Dm
Better get the neighbours dog to join in tonight mate for a 4some.
Nice one blaming the dogs though.

“It's an Australian term. When it's cold, you sleep with one dog in the bed to keep you warm. Colder is two dogs, but on a really bitter night, it's a Three Dog Night!

The Macquarie dictionary of Australian slang has this:
three-dog night
noun a very cold night. [from the practice of bushmen of sleeping with their dogs; the colder the night, the more dogs needed]”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 21, 2020, 9:32 am

Ithanks for that Ozz slang in a nutshell Barney

I once did a three dog night in Pattaya .. i was a youngster then and could manage itv..nowaday not so .

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 23, 2020, 8:23 am

Beautiful cool morning with the pool steaming as the sun comes up
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » December 23, 2020, 9:25 am

Yes nice to see something steaming in the early morning.
Weather and temperatures will gradually improve now we have the shortest day of the year done and dusted again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 23, 2020, 3:31 pm

It usually stays cool all of December and January ..doesnt it ?? ...hope so its glorious in the day and nice n cool overnight.

Its warmer in Udon than bannork Buriram and Rural Korat .. i had a few hours kip in the truck Monday neet / Tuesday morning in Khao Yai and it was seriously nesh .. bloody freezin .

Dm

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 23, 2020, 5:19 pm

Yes. Cold fronts usually migrate from norf to sarf.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 24, 2020, 7:21 am

indeed Tam .. the cold front has moved from the top ov my head to my ears and then my nipples .. working its way down as i walk the dogs .. my genitalia (thats means yer nuts Tam) feet and toes dont stand a chance !! ..

Beautiful crisp bright sunny morning near the airport .. my thermometer went down to 15 last night well at 5am to be exact... i wish it stayed like this all year smashing.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 27, 2020, 7:38 am

Absolutely glorious crisp fresh morning , dog walking duties done time for a nice hot milky coffee n a slice of wholewheat toast n Lurpak.

Thermometer tells me down to 19 last night but looking ahead more chilly nights from next Wednesday and over the NY .. with 10 to 15 over night after lovely bright sunny 25 to 29 daytime temps ... just enough time to have washed n ironed the long johns and bought a new hot water bottle before the next cold snap.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 27, 2020, 12:22 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 27, 2020, 7:38 am
Absolutely glorious crisp fresh morning , dog walking duties done time for a nice hot milky coffee n a slice of wholewheat toast n Lurpak.

Thermometer tells me down to 19 last night but looking ahead more chilly nights from next Wednesday and over the NY .. with 10 to 15 over night after lovely bright sunny 25 to 29 daytime temps ... just enough time to have washed n ironed the long johns and bought a new hot water bottle before the next cold snap.

DM
My never wrong android weather forecast confirms nipply weather by year-end. Which reminds me, quite pleasant to come back from this morning's bike ride around the lake at Chaloem Prakiat Park to find the youngest niece had a day off and all her bras were already in the laundry again.

Couldn't hold out for PF's lunch so just air-fried myself a fish finger sammidge drizzled in salad cream.

Oops... wrong thread.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » December 27, 2020, 12:32 pm

......Chaloem Prakiat Park......

Where's that?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 27, 2020, 12:38 pm

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » December 27, 2020, 4:29 pm

All my years here and I've never before heard it referred to as the Chaloem Phrakiat Park.
Yes, the Trip Advisor link refers to the Sakhon Nakhon lake of the same name, not Udon Thani's. The Nong Han element in this name confuses a bit more, me at least, in that I know the Nong Han District, certainly in UDON THANI. Apologies for deviation off topic.

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » December 27, 2020, 4:59 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 27, 2020, 7:38 am

DM
One for you methinks. Not sure if the P should be replaced with a ...?
EA49A148-213A-4275-8578-801490A350C3.png

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 27, 2020, 5:15 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
December 27, 2020, 4:29 pm
All my years here and I've never before heard it referred to as the Chaloem Phrakiat Park.
Yes, the Trip Advisor link refers to the Sakhon Nakhon lake of the same name, not Udon Thani's. The Nong Han element in this name confuses a bit more, me at least, in that I know the Nong Han District, certainly in UDON THANI. Apologies for deviation off topic.
I will admit I had to Google map the name for what is maybe called, "the lake behind the Chinese temple beside the station" before I posted. I have been circumnavigating it by road for years already but never bothered to give it any formal "nong" prefix like all the others around town until I rode my bike around it this morning.

I hope this new-found identity doesn't result in floods of sycophantic social climbers cluttering up the otherwise empty jogging and cycling paths.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 27, 2020, 6:00 pm

Thanks for the farang hotwaterbottle image ajsp, I'm not sure it has the visual appeal of (I think it was zid's?) Thai hotwaterbottle from a few years back .........

The question of which one stays "hot" for longer probably depends on the alcohol intake
avxmas.jpg
avxmas.jpg (4.32 KiB) Viewed 1143 times

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 27, 2020, 6:03 pm

I’ve always just called it Nong Bua Lake.

It’s nice now they’ve finished refurbing it. They just need to do something with the play areas now as a lot of the plastic has got brittle in the sun & snapped leaving really sharp edges for little hands.

A bit of useless trivia, when they were planting the vegetation all the trucks & staff uniforms were branded Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens. Maybe Scoobydooby can Google that location & tell everyone where the plants came from? I’ll start with a clue, it’s not in Udon Thani either
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » December 27, 2020, 6:39 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 27, 2020, 6:00 pm
Thanks for the farang hotwaterbottle image ajsp, I'm not sure it has the visual appeal of (I think it was zid's?) Thai hotwaterbottle from a few years back .........

The question of which one stays "hot" for longer probably depends on the alcohol intake

avxmas.jpg
I think I’ll take the one in your pic please

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 27, 2020, 9:42 pm

According to the fore cast from Wednesday 30th tru to the 1st n 2nd Jan .. hot watter bottles n long johns and cute young shaven ladies ( or fat hairy oldies) are gonna be the order ov the day as temps plummit doon to 10 degreees .. cant wait i love it..LOW TEMPS THAT IZ .

DM

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 27, 2020, 10:04 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 27, 2020, 9:42 pm
According to the fore cast from Wednesday 30th tru to the 1st n 2nd Jan .. hot watter bottles n long johns and cute young shaven ladies ( or fat hairy oldies) are gonna be the order ov the day as temps plummit doon to 10 degreees .. cant wait i love it..LOW TEMPS THAT IZ .

DM
You would love it here then -20 next month -40 to 50 u can spit and kick the ice ball it forms before it hits the ground a local national sport 😂

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » December 28, 2020, 7:08 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 27, 2020, 9:42 pm

DM
My lady is big enough to give me shade in the summer and keep me warm in the winter
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”