Health Update on Steve From Steve's Bar

General Udon Thani topics only!
goodison
udonmap.com

Health Update on Steve From Steve's Bar

Post by goodison » December 27, 2023, 12:05 pm

Would it be possible to re-name this topic as STEVE has already informed us that it was NOT A STROKE, OVER TO YOU Mr Administrator? something along the lines of "Update on the Health of STEVE FROM Steve's Bar." would be more appropriate methinks?

goodison
udonmap.com

Re: Health Update on Steve From Steve's Bar

Post by goodison » December 27, 2023, 3:10 pm

Just heard from Steve and he informs me that he is suffering from : Guillain - Barre' Syndrome which I am sure many of you are familiar with (esp if you Google it!). I hope you can all join me in wishing Udon's Elder Statesman a speedy and full recovery. Marli's nursing experience will be put to good use also.

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » December 28, 2023, 5:02 am

Unfortunately or otherwise given Steve's latest diagnosis Steve has been re-admitted to Hospital where he'll receive professional care and attention plus hopefully treatment.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 29, 2023, 2:59 pm

Steve us suffering from Guillain-Barre syndrome, while not a killer has the ablitty to seriously impair movement which is soul destroying at best.

I spoke to him this morning, he is at home and I am sure would welcome telephonic communication from any friend. IT WILL BE a long slow fight back to normallacy as far as is possible and I am sure we all wish him a good recovery, he has kept his sense of humour however and is resolved to fight this illness, which often just kicks in when it feels like it, luckily for Stever he was on a Golf Course not in a vehicle driving.

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » January 10, 2024, 8:19 am

I managed to speak with Steve at the weekend, he was and probably still is in the ICU AT Bangkok Hospital Udon Thani undergoing a series of blood tests trying to get to the bottom of the GBS that he is still suffering from, We're afraid that it is a long process and al we can do is offer Steve and OF COURSE Marli our best wishes

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » January 10, 2024, 5:23 pm

Steve, for many years in Udon has been one of the most respected gentle souls one would ever want to meet.
Always a soft-spoken gentleman in our community, serving us all at one time or the other in one of his fine restaurants.
Steve, is a solid as a rock kind of guy, for God’s sake and ours, please allow him to pull through this devastating medical issue he is facing.
We’re all here and pulling for you, mate!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 11, 2024, 7:21 am

Messaged him yesterday, he has had the operation as that appeared to be the best solution, and he is recovering slowly,at last able to see his toes.
Everything else is as near noprmal as can be .

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » January 19, 2024, 10:35 am

Steve is out of ICU in Bangkok Hospital Udon Thani and is undergoing Physiotherapy, trying to get feeling back into legs. Looks like it will be a slow process unfortunately

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » February 7, 2024, 3:29 pm

I visited Steve earlier today. He had just finished a Physio session so was a tad knackered. He hopes to be discharged from Bangkok Hospital Udon on Friday 9th/Feb though as he pointed out he's not holding his breath (think he's had his hopes dashed on more occasions than not) He's in good spirits all things considered I'm sure he'll be happy to get home but naturally he'll have to take it easy no lifting heavy crates etc. etc. Anyway we're sure that friends and customers alike wish him and Marli all the very best and a Speedy recovery for one of Udon's elder Statesmen.

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » February 17, 2024, 9:54 am

A Couple of us visited Steve at his home where he has had a hospital bed installed in his lounge. He is under the watchful eye of his wife Mali who administers Physiotherapy. He is still unable to walk and has no feeling from his waist down nor in his feet. As we have said all long it is a slow road to recovery. We can just hope that the continual intake of medications plus the Physiotherapy will see an improvement in his condition, I'm sure we all wish him ALL the best and that he is back behind his Bar in the not too distant future.

BobZubali
udonmap.com

Post by BobZubali » February 21, 2024, 4:27 am

All the best, Steve, or as Doc (the Texan), and Tim (the Brit who looked like Col Sanders) might have said... "Ajarn Alien is STILL banned from everywhere (including the City Dodge, oops, Lodge!!!)" :lol: :lol: :lol:

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » March 23, 2024, 10:11 am

A few of us went to STEVES BAR AND RESTAURANT Yesterday Friday 22nd March and Mali Steve's Better Half kindly put us in touch with Steve via telephone he is at home resting and recuperating we've said all along it will be a slow process but STEVE sounded good and alert with an extremely positive demeanour which is always a good sign. Whilst there we were able to have Lunch excellent Fish and Chips (it was Friday after all!) washed down with a Carabao BEER NEWLY INTRODUCED to Thailand I believe! The Bar/Restaurant is still ticking over with Mali at the helm whilst also keeping an eye on Steve via a VIDEO LINK. i'M SURE WE ALL SEND OUR BEST WISHES TO STEVE!?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”