TAX on Income from Abroad

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Taxes on money transferred to Thailand

Post by vincemunday » March 26, 2024, 2:15 pm

Maybe not news to all, but, the first I heard if it was just a couple of days ago and it was relayed to me in the way I have typed it above. However, I'm grateful for your input, thank you, I'm a little more at ease than I was this morning :)

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Taxes on money transferred to Thailand

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 26, 2024, 3:53 pm

vincemunday wrote:
March 26, 2024, 2:15 pm
Maybe not news to all, but, the first I heard if it was just a couple of days ago and it was relayed to me in the way I have typed it above. However, I'm grateful for your input, thank you, I'm a little more at ease than I was this morning :)
Please pass on the real situation to those spreading either false or very misleading information.

The information above is an abbreviated summary of the case, each nationality will have a different DTA (there are more than 60) so will need tax advice tailored to their circumstances.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

maaka
udonmap.com

Re: TAX on Income from Abroad

Post by maaka » March 27, 2024, 3:43 pm

Yes, well said..my country has a Dual Tax Agreement, so I got a copy, and even though I know nothing of tax, it outlined the situation in that regard, and I think I stated before, it comes down to ' words ' used in the Agreement..such as resident, income, etc etc...if you have a DTA go read it. avail yourself of what may come to pass.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: TAX on Income from Abroad

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 27, 2024, 5:10 pm

maaka wrote:
March 27, 2024, 3:43 pm
Yes, well said..my country has a Dual Tax Agreement, so I got a copy, and even though I know nothing of tax, it outlined the situation in that regard, and I think I stated before, it comes down to ' words ' used in the Agreement..such as resident, income, etc etc...if you have a DTA go read it. avail yourself of what may come to pass.
While reading the DTA is a good first step it is unlikely to be sufficient.

As an example HMRC and the Thai taxation department have an agreement recently concluded related to capital gains tax. A professional taxation adviser such as PWC will have details regarding all such arrangements and will have a duty to minimise your tax, this is not something that the Thai taxation department has, so while they will of course give answers to a direct question, you must know exactly the question to ask and asking general questions will not be helpful and may even not get the results you want, it’s not the job of the taxation department to minimise your tax liability.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”