Covid on its way back

General Udon Thani topics only!
Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Re: Covid on its way back

Post by Potamoi » November 14, 2023, 2:30 pm

Was listening to this conversation with Adam Greentree (bowhunter, photographer and outdoorsman) today. Great listen all the way through. Adam had some pretty crazy stories but the portion RE Covid and vaccines starts around 2:16:00.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5XoDxw ... 8032dd4978

Just another reality check for those that still believe in what our governments and MSM have pushed on the pharmaceutical industries' behalf. I'm sure some of it was indirectly pushed rather than maliciously forced but in hindsight I would have skipped the Pfizer jabs I was required to take to be able to fly.

In any case, I thought this was a good discussion and worth sharing even though I'm sure I will be blasted by a few in this forum that have tasted the Kool Aid and liked the flavour.

I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 14, 2023, 3:41 pm

I always agreed with the vaccination of the most "at risk" groups, as it was always acknowledged that it helped reduce the more serious affects of the virus in the "at risk" groups.
I could never get my head around the airlines crazy demands that travelers absolutely must be vaccinated to fly. The jabs did not prevent you catching or infecting others. Total bloody nonsense.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » November 14, 2023, 3:49 pm

Never tried Kool Aid, I don't think it was ever available in Ireland. 60 years of Vaccinations though and I like the results.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 14, 2023, 6:49 pm

AlexO wrote:
November 14, 2023, 3:41 pm
I always agreed with the vaccination of the most "at risk" groups, as it was always acknowledged that it helped reduce the more serious affects of the virus in the "at risk" groups.
I could never get my head around the airlines crazy demands that travelers absolutely must be vaccinated to fly. The jabs did not prevent you catching or infecting others. Total bloody nonsense.
Totally agree. I believe the Canadian government placed a total ban on the unvaccinated traveling on ANY form of public transport, not just by air. That's just abuse of power.

Back in 2021, I had to do a 14-day quarantine in Kuala Lumpur but was unable to board the ship in Johor Bahru due to a bureaucratic "error" so I relocated cross-country by taxi, to another port in another state where the dictates were another compulsory 14-day quarantine. Upon completion of that, the vessel Captain, on advisement from the onboard Medic, said I would need to quarantine in my cabin for 10 days after boarding. I said sod that and we eventually agreed on how ridiculous this last quarantine was and reduced it to 5 days of "limited movement" onboard. After the third day, we blew it all off. No "bubbles" were burst and nobody got sick.

I sincerely hope that any resurgence, even a new variant, won't be addressed with more unscientific, knee jerk politics and authorities making stuff up as they go along. I may be wrong but I haven't seen anything saying that Covid shots are being tweaked to meet the later variants, unlike flu shots that apparently are adjusted on the seasonal variants being detected.

Since influenza doesn't typically lead to hospitalization and testing, I wonder how they know with any great accuracy how these variants manifest themselves?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 14, 2023, 8:37 pm

Nothing like a good anecdote to stir up debate. :D

Just like passengers without correct entry details - visa etc - airlines were no doubt aware of the requirements of the various countries they were flying to when it came to COVID documentation. The airlines were not setting the rules.

With the benefit of hindsight, hopefully lessons have been learned about what was done well, and not so well, so when the next pandemic strikes it can be acted upon accordingly.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 15, 2023, 1:40 pm

jackspratt wrote:
November 14, 2023, 8:37 pm
Nothing like a good anecdote to stir up debate. :D

Just like passengers without correct entry details - visa etc - airlines were no doubt aware of the requirements of the various countries they were flying to when it came to COVID documentation. The airlines were not setting the rules.

With the benefit of hindsight, hopefully lessons have been learned about what was done well, and not so well, so when the next pandemic strikes it can be acted upon accordingly.
They were sPratty, some airlines would not allow you on internal flights without vaccine certificates, but others would.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 15, 2023, 2:18 pm

Tam
"Canadian government placed a total ban on the unvaccinated traveling on ANY form of public transport, not just by air. "
This was suspended in 2022
"Requirement for vaccinations suspended for domestic and outbound travel
As of June 20, 2022, at 00:01 EDT, vaccination will no longer be a requirement to board a plane or train in Canada."

As for " That's just abuse of power." statement I have to disagree as this Government did not know what it was up against and took the proper actions to protect it people at the time.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 15, 2023, 2:27 pm

To a degree, I am also sympathetic with authorities around the world. There has not been a precedent to this to study and adapt, even the Spanish flu a hundred years ago was different as travel domestically and internationally was on a tiny scale compared to today's world. They may have erred on the side of caution, but better that than pussyfooting and hoping it would go away. The nations with the lowest fatalities followed the science, seemed a valid approach to me.

One thing for certain, all those conspiracies about it being a pretext for government getting total control over it's populace, has proven to be just that, stupid conspiracies. Zero evidence has emerged that people's DNA was altered but undoubtedly those that were vaccinated had a much, much lower death rate than the unvaccinated.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 16, 2023, 8:34 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 15, 2023, 2:18 pm
Tam
"Canadian government placed a total ban on the unvaccinated traveling on ANY form of public transport, not just by air. "
This was suspended in 2022
"Requirement for vaccinations suspended for domestic and outbound travel
As of June 20, 2022, at 00:01 EDT, vaccination will no longer be a requirement to board a plane or train in Canada."

As for " That's just abuse of power." statement I have to disagree as this Government did not know what it was up against and took the proper actions to protect it people at the time.
Most other countries had also relaxed their most restrictive travel restrictions by 2022. I don't recall any other that chose to penalize the unvaccinated by denying them access to public and commercial transport but stand to be corrected on that. Canadians were prevented from traveling to countries that didn't care if they were unvaccinated and only required that they identify as such. For a short period, farangs were prohibited by government health authorities from using public transport here in Thailand.

The UK government, similarly unaware of "what it was up against" at the time, is going through a public enquiry into their decisions and responses to the pandemic. The common argument that it was an unprecedented event that required unprecedented measures holds absolutely no water when leaders ignored the science of the experts and cowed their own "health officers" into toeing their line. It was all heavily politicised by whoever was in charge at the time. I understand that certain Australian state premiers went OTT as well, keeping the societal screws on for far longer than necessary.

BTW, is Canada having an enquiry?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 16, 2023, 8:21 pm

Just as an aside from the politics. Was onto Scotland yesterday, found out my 10 year old Granddaughter contracted Covid on a recent visit to London. According to my daughter Covid is really starting to take off again in the UK. Info only.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 17, 2023, 11:16 am

I think there's been talk of an up tick in infections globally since the start of the regular (Northern Hemisphere) flu season, at least where there are reportable systems in place.

I am not sure what 'taking off' means in relative terms.
engc19.jpg
England stats
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
glac19.jpg
Glasgow stats
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details ... gow%20City
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » November 22, 2023, 8:11 pm

The more independent news people look, the more findings and there are regarding the evil ways of big pharma, the complicit MSM and social media companies.

I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 23, 2023, 6:10 pm

Weekly COVID-19 Situation in Thailand 12 - 18 November 2023.
Number of confirmed infected cases admitted to hospitals 390 (56 per day on average),
Number of fatalities 1 (1 per day on average),
Cumulative infected cases (since 1 January 2023) 34,798,
Cumulative number of fatalities (since 1 January 2023) 821.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » November 23, 2023, 7:51 pm

Doodoo wrote:
November 23, 2023, 6:10 pm
12 - 18 November 2023 . . . Number of fatalities 1 (1 per day on average)
Isn't that 1/7 (one seventh) per day on average?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 23, 2023, 8:16 pm

Udon
This data is from the government so you would have to ask them

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 23, 2023, 10:49 pm

Road deaths in Thailand 2022 average 40+ per day, down from 60+ in years 2019 and 2020

There is not much risk of catching Covid whilst driving the car and the risk is higher, than when sitting at home toughing out Covid around the BBQ with the neighbors and friends.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » November 23, 2023, 11:08 pm

Doodoo wrote:
November 23, 2023, 8:16 pm
Udon
This data is from the government so you would have to ask them
I was just talking about the math. I didn't think that I would need to consult with the government.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 24, 2023, 4:30 pm

so what are age breakdowns on the over 800 fatalities this year? At COVID's height here in Thailand the majority of the deaths were always over 60..

On a slightly different note, northeastern China is suffering from a huge outbreak of respiratorty disease in children necessitating hospitalization. Don't worry though, the Chinse swear its not the start of another pandemic and the WHO says the same.. Meanwhile, Chinese tourist arrivals up big time...
Dave

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 25, 2023, 1:40 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
November 24, 2023, 4:30 pm
so what are age breakdowns on the over 800 fatalities this year? At COVID's height here in Thailand the majority of the deaths were always over 60..

On a slightly different note, northeastern China is suffering from a huge outbreak of respiratory disease in children necessitating hospitalization. Don't worry though, the Chinse swear its not the start of another pandemic and the WHO says the same.. Meanwhile, Chinese tourist arrivals up big time...
Are you referring to Kids suffering from "white lung syndrome".
https://www.thesun.co.uk/health/2484471 ... -outbreak/

Unfortunately, give the world another 20 years and its going to be fully of pop up viruses from unknown origins. I say that because people don't learn from their mistakes and profits drive experiments/risks by some.

Whilst I an not a virologist, I would put my money on the possibility that down the track, either a virus from a unknown source (be it from a wet market, biotech laboratory or some other lunatics garage) or even from an uncontrollable bacterial infection, either will ravage the human population at some point, simply because WE DON'T LEARN.

As for bacterial infections, China will continue the way it has/does and use excessive amounts of Antimicrobials – antibiotics, antivirals, antifungals & antiparasitic, to prevent and treat infectious diseases in livestock, animals, fisheries and plants, as will/does Brazil. Undoubtably they will find their way into the food chain, will hasten the instance/chances/ likelihood, that humans may acquire antimicrobial resistance to those drugs through the food chain or the environment. Without effective and or new forms of antibiotics, its not looking good for Human down the track.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4380918/

That is, if AI does not make most people unemployed before hand.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Pikolim
udonmap.com

Post by Pikolim » December 1, 2023, 4:15 pm

COVID has been a global rollercoaster, so any news of cases surging again in a country as big as China is a reason to pay attention. We've seen how interconnected the world is when it comes to this virus, so it's not just China's problem, but a global one.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”