Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Fixed Penalty Notice.

Post by Khun Paul » May 30, 2023, 9:29 am

tamada wrote:
May 30, 2023, 9:13 am
Hoopoe wrote:
May 25, 2023, 10:56 am
Many moons ago when we had to go to Nongkhai for visa extention and 90 day reports ,
i went to tax the truck , , they refused as there was an outstanding fine on the truck,so had to go into Udon to clarify and pay ,( this was from Kumphawapi ) as i'd not received any notification , the penalty was , not wearing seatbelt coming out of immigration office , nongkhai ,
If I can ask, what was their evidence? Or was it just "in the system" and thus impossible to challenge. When you say "many moons ago" suggests a time before cameras and tickets in the mail. At least for moving traffic violations these days, the photo and time stamp is usually correct.
he answere in in Hoopoes note, when we had to go to NK for Visa work, which was to my mind nearly 15 years ago

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 30, 2023, 9:32 am

tamada wrote:
Hoopoe wrote:
Many moons ago when we had to go to Nongkhai for visa extention and 90 day reports ,
i went to tax the truck , , they refused as there was an outstanding fine on the truck,so had to go into Udon to clarify and pay ,( this was from Kumphawapi ) as i'd not received any notification , the penalty was , not wearing seatbelt coming out of immigration office , nongkhai ,
If I can ask, what was their evidence? Or was it just "in the system" and thus impossible to challenge. When you say "many moons ago" suggests a time before cameras and tickets in the mail. At least for moving traffic violations these days, the photo and time stamp is usually correct.
Certainly Tam , id be guessing the year 2009 ? maybe earlier , the aek udon office closed and we all had to go to nongkhai (in the days of Mr nasty ) yes it was in the system there was no photo evidence and i remembered the cop walking , a habit of mine is to set off and then put the belt on ,

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 30, 2023, 9:49 am

Hoopoe wrote:
May 30, 2023, 9:32 am
tamada wrote:
Hoopoe wrote:
Certainly Tam , id be guessing the year 2009 ? maybe earlier , the aek udon office closed and we all had to go to nongkhai (in the days of Mr nasty ) yes it was in the system there was no photo evidence and i remembered the cop walking , a habit of mine is to set off and then put the belt on ,
Thanks for that. TBH, I am getting worse at putting on the seatbelt until I'm already rolling. They got me once a few years back just after I exited Big C parking onto Nittayo where they used to have a regular traffic stop. They had a cop on the left corner watching for drivers leaving Big C who got on the radio and his mates nailed me just as I was reaching for the bloody thing and before I'd found second gear.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 30, 2023, 10:08 am

Tam
On another note.i was involved in a serious accident.flipped The truck.if it wasn't for the seat belt I wouldn't be here.
Every panel smashed no mirror's Left or front end
Write off

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 30, 2023, 11:44 am

That very irritating beep beep beep until you fasten yer seat belt is a marvelous invention .. un like a face mask the set belt does save lives .. always mine and any passengers first job is SEAT BELT ON

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 30, 2023, 1:31 pm

Try driving a Volvo. You want to smash the dashboard to pieces within 10 seconds of driving off. Not so much of a beep beep as going to defcon 1!

Annoys the hell out of me when we are not even out of the driveway and the seatbelt alarm is going off because the passenger is still trying to belt up.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 30, 2023, 3:20 pm

Can cut the wire same as the for reverse beeping

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 30, 2023, 3:40 pm

noosard wrote:
May 30, 2023, 3:20 pm
If thats not illegal, it bloody well should be :evil:

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 30, 2023, 5:17 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 30, 2023, 3:40 pm
noosard wrote:
May 30, 2023, 3:20 pm
If thats not illegal, it bloody well should be :evil:
All that beeping should be illegal I agree with you

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 30, 2023, 5:36 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 30, 2023, 11:44 am
That very irritating beep beep beep until you fasten yer seat belt is a marvelous invention .. un like a face mask the set belt does save lives .. always mine and any passengers first job is SEAT BELT ON

DM
You can override the "very irritating beep beep beep until you fasten yer seat" on a Ranger. Probably can on most vehicles. Years ago, I disabled the door chime in my T-bird so that I could have the key in the ignition to play music while parked with the door open on Crystal Beach. Only noticed a few weeks later that is was also the seatbelt chime.

But point taken: stop being lazy and clunk-click every trip... can we even say that any more?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 31, 2023, 7:01 am

tamada wrote:
May 30, 2023, 5:36 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 30, 2023, 11:44 am

DM
You can override the "very irritating beep beep beep until you fasten yer seat" on a Ranger. Probably can on most vehicles. Years ago, I disabled the door chime in my T-bird so that I could have the key in the ignition to play music while parked with the door open on Crystal Beach. Only noticed a few weeks later that is was also the seatbelt chime.

But point taken: stop being lazy and clunk-click every trip... can we even say that any more?
Agree same as Not diving after dinking alcohol, wearing of helmets on motorcycles, good idea but as with everything here poor

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”