Dental Care

General Udon Thani topics only!
caducus
udonmap.com

Dental Care

Post by caducus » May 12, 2023, 1:23 pm

Can anyone advise me on whether Udon Government Hospital or the Military Hospital has a weekday morning Dental Clinic?

Extra points will be allotted if anyone is able to rate them - on both knowledge and gentleness.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: Dental Care

Post by semperfiguy » May 12, 2023, 2:03 pm

Caducus, I took my wife to the Military Hospital nearly 10 years ago, and all the dentist were interns; however, the price was right and they did a good job on a filling.

While on the subject, I am in need of a three-tooth bridge, and I don't have a regular dentist who I would trust to do a good job. I also don't want to go to someone who will rip me off. Can anyone recommend a dentist with whom they have had firsthand experience in fitting this type of denture? It's really hard to get a firm estimate since the price usually changes once they get you in the chair and concoct other ways to extract money from the patient. For example, saying one needs a root canal before fitting the denture when it may truly not be needed. For this reason, it is imperative to find a dentist who can be trusted. Any comments/suggestions/recommendation will be greatly appreciated.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » May 13, 2023, 6:15 am

Semperfiguy.

Thanks for your recommendation - your wife's problem was much the same as mine is now.

A month or so back I was at the military hospital with an ear problem, and have nothing but praise for their service.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 13, 2023, 10:10 am

semperfiguy wrote:
May 12, 2023, 2:03 pm
Caducus, I took my wife to the Military Hospital nearly 10 years ago, and all the dentist were interns; however, the price was right and they did a good job on a filling.

While on the subject, I am in need of a three-tooth bridge, and I don't have a regular dentist who I would trust to do a good job. I also don't want to go to someone who will rip me off. Can anyone recommend a dentist with whom they have had firsthand experience in fitting this type of denture? It's really hard to get a firm estimate since the price usually changes once they get you in the chair and concoct other ways to extract money from the patient. For example, saying one needs a root canal before fitting the denture when it may truly not be needed. For this reason, it is imperative to find a dentist who can be trusted. Any comments/suggestions/recommendation will be greatly appreciated.
I take the drive down to Pattaya, its well worth it, I see Dr Warin, Dental Care Centre, 038415429. Google him to get the reviews, highly regarded. Example 6 months ago I had to get my two front teeth out, total cost for dentures and removal of teeth was 2,100 baht.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”