Police road checkpoints

General Udon Thani topics only!
Whistler
udonmap.com

Police road checkpoints

Post by Whistler » March 27, 2023, 8:47 am

Is it only me or...

I have not seen any checkpoints for several days, and nobody checking for helmets, licenses, booze or anything. Have the BIB gone on holidays?

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Police road checkpoints

Post by Khun Paul » March 27, 2023, 9:08 am

No it is YOU !!! Check points daily at certain locations, mainly dotted around the ring road and certain places in town `, pass one or two almost daily

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 27, 2023, 9:29 am

Whistler wrote:
March 27, 2023, 8:47 am
Is it only me or...

I have not seen any checkpoints for several days, and nobody checking for helmets, licenses, booze or anything. Have the BIB gone on holidays?
Resting up in preparation for the up coming SK festival which after a few years of no water wars celebrations is bound to be extra bonkers this year.

I have seen a few check points out and about in Isan ( HWs 202 and 24 all the time) and between Mitraphab HW Korat and Bkk but not a lot in or around Udon itself.

Lets not temp fate im sure in true big Arnie style ...they will be back !!

As in an earlier post if unfortunate enough to get pulled be polite , ask for a discount as things are not set in stone here and always check any receipt as to exactly what the alleged offence was you have paid for .. seems as in my case speeding (108 in a 90) but failure to produce vehicle log book on the receipt for the obvious reasons and avoiding license points deductions.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 27, 2023, 11:08 am

DM,

How can they pay for their SK parties? Maybe we can drop into HQ and make a donation.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 28, 2023, 7:22 am

Whistler wrote:
March 27, 2023, 11:08 am
DM,

How can they pay for their SK parties? Maybe we can drop into HQ and make a donation.
Nah , stand outside their parties and breathalyse them as they leave in their vehicles they can donate to their own parties

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”