Uk passport

General Udon Thani topics only!
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Uk passport

Post by Khun Paul » March 22, 2023, 6:53 am

As far as I know the Nine month rule has ben in place for some years, maybe it was too cumbersome to deal with or that the technology that had to be employed could no deal with the variables, after removing the thinking human ( who could handle the variables ) machines are useless at that.

Just go to British Passport and look at the GOVERNMENTS WEBSITE<INTLLIGENT AND SENSIBLE people who seek advice can easily find it I am not aboput to walk through the whole web-site to satisfy one or two people who will not do the work required to ascertain the answer. Suffice to say on here whatever you say is either discounted, called into doubt or just plain ridiculed .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 22, 2023, 7:31 am

stattointhailand wrote:
March 21, 2023, 6:38 pm
Wasn't the 9 month thing mentioned a couple of years ago when there was a backlog of 10's of thousands and people requiring a passport urgently, who were not getting them due to people ordering new passports a year in advance
One assumes the staff shortages and backlog has been fixed by now
The extra 9 months pre-dated the staffing problems and backlog, though I can’t tell you exactly when it started it was before 2014 as that was when I got a 10 year 6 month passport.
The backlog was nothing to do with that, and people ordering new passports, however far in advance, make no difference to the processing times, they certainly don’t make them longer. The processing times were heavily influenced by the change in locations of issuance being restricted to 1 plant in the U.K.
And on a final point, No the staffing shortages that produce the backlog has not been fixed. That is why there is going to be industrial action.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » March 22, 2023, 9:52 am

747man wrote:
March 20, 2023, 11:13 am

DM
I lost four months last year
I did it through markssending/mc
It was cheaper than having to travel down to bkk from udon. He or trendy building will advise you on correct turn around times
[/quote]I did it through markssending/mc....What is That M8 ?? Got a Link ??
[/quote]

Type markssendingmachine has facebook , but but after you contact him , everything is done through Email ,
very helpful , always giving you update on your progress , last year standard charge 4000 bht ,

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 22, 2023, 10:28 am

Hoopoe wrote:
March 22, 2023, 9:52 am
747man wrote:
March 20, 2023, 11:13 am

DM
I lost four months last year
I did it through markssending/mc
It was cheaper than having to travel down to bkk from udon. He or trendy building will advise you on correct turn around times
I did it through markssending/mc....What is That M8 ?? Got a Link ??
[/quote]

Type markssendingmachine has facebook , but but after you contact him , everything is done through Email ,
very helpful , always giving you update on your progress , last year standard charge 4000 bht ,
[/quote]O.K. Got it Tar !!!

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » March 22, 2023, 10:22 pm

I used Markssendingmachine to get my daughters passport back last month (you can google it). Communications via email or messenger

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”