Financial scam - lawyer?

General Udon Thani topics only!
petl
udonmap.com

Financial scam - lawyer?

Post by petl » March 1, 2023, 10:24 am

We have just been victims of a hefty professional financial scam, done the police and banks rounds to little avail. It's been suggested a competent/experienced lawyer may be able to help us get some compensation, can anyone recommend such a lawyer around Udon? PM please. Thanks.

deankham
udonmap.com

Re: Financial scam - lawyer?

Post by deankham » March 1, 2023, 12:35 pm

Sorry to hear that petl.

Are you able to share any details (non-confidential) with us to give an idea of what to look out for.

Scams are getting more and more sophisticated and so I'm sure it would be helpful to all to understand a bit more.

Good luck finding a lawyer, I'm sure someone will be able to provide recommendations.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 1, 2023, 12:43 pm

Agree, a few details may help
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » March 1, 2023, 1:26 pm

Peti, I can recommend Attorney Yong to you. I have used him and have referred two of my friends to him, and they too have been happy with his services. I met him a few years back as we were both members of the Udon Expat Club. He communicates well in English, and I trust him to do the right thing. You can find his contact details on the following website. His office is directly across the street from the Udon Museum on Phosri Road.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... riends_tab
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » March 1, 2023, 2:42 pm

Seems Sempefiguy got you the info you needed.

Being a selfish bastard...... wondering if this was a local (Thailand / Udon) scam or overseas (home country) scam. If it's a local scam would be nice to get some details to prevent other UDMap members from getting scammed.

BTW, I got contacted by a director of the IMF indicating I was entitled to 25 million USD this morning. Haven't got these on a regular basis, but at least 1-2 times a month (IMF, Thai Post, Thai Customs and every now and then the Iraq Gold scam).

petl
udonmap.com

Post by petl » March 2, 2023, 12:29 pm

Just FYI, initial contact was from 'Thailand Audit Office' then a continuous sequence of 'police ex Region 6', threats of instant jail etc if not comply. All in Thai.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 2, 2023, 12:37 pm

If you want results then you cant go past this firm, dealt with them for 7 years. Royal Advocates International.
http://www.rai.co.th/#

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”