Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: NEW Traffic Lights

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 18, 2023, 7:29 am

Earnest wrote:
March 18, 2023, 5:35 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 17, 2023, 7:29 pm
WELL DONE and Hip Hip Hooray for the Thai ministry of Transport , Highways and Rural roads departments ..eh KP !!
Fun Tim's ahead now that taggic is sorted!
Couldnt agree more Ernie :shock: :? :lol: Tim must be happy his taggic is sorted.

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » March 18, 2023, 8:20 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 18, 2023, 7:29 am
Earnest wrote:
March 18, 2023, 5:35 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 17, 2023, 7:29 pm
WELL DONE and Hip Hip Hooray for the Thai ministry of Transport , Highways and Rural roads departments ..eh KP !!
Fun Tim's ahead now that taggic is sorted!
Couldnt agree more Ernie :shock: :? :lol: Tim must be happy his taggic is sorted.

DM
Happy DM , i can tell you its made my day ..... :D :D :D

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 19, 2023, 6:54 am

AFter a few days of new lights counted over a dozen vehicles either NOT seeing the lights or just plain stupid ignoring the RED LIGHTS, GOod idea now lets educate the drivers, which in this country a permanent uphill task

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 21, 2023, 7:34 pm

another new set of lights is installed and awaiting activation about 3km east of the Big C Overpass on Rte 22 (Sakon Highway). It should help with the U-Turn morning tailback of cars trying to U-Turn and head into town..

https://www.google.com/maps/@17.3782793 ... 384!8i8192

As it stands now, they didn't extend the stopping zone to allow cars to easily go diagonally down the Horse Racing Course Road.. In the other new light by the Talad Muang Thong they ensured that folks at the market could come diagonally to the intersection and head east. Maybe they'll adjust..
Dave

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 21, 2023, 9:39 pm

Im sure in true ex cozza style KP will be out with his note pad, biro and binoculars forthwith "trainspotting" those red light runners :lol: :lol:

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 22, 2023, 6:56 am

Sorry DM I care not in reality , just my observations while sitting at said lights, wondering how many of them are either lucky or just plain stupid and we ar talking about all vehicles no matter in som case which GOVERNMENT dept they ostensibly work for

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 22, 2023, 9:24 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 22, 2023, 6:56 am
Sorry DM I care not in reality , just my observations while sitting at said lights, wondering how many of them are either lucky or just plain stupid and we ar talking about all vehicles no matter in som case which GOVERNMENT dept they ostensibly work for
You obviously missed the LOL emojis KP .. pullin yer leg.

The new lights are bound to ease RTAs there but theres always one or two amber gamblers about , the few times ive been through this intersection i did not notice if people are still leaving Makro car park and sneaking up to the the fruit n veg market against the traffic flow

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 22, 2023, 11:45 am

No I did not miss anything, I do think that although we may laugh and smirk at the situation regarding traffic Lights and non adherence to them, it is and can be a very dangerous situation culminatng in death or serious injury.
more than once I have been blasted by a Thai and once a Farang for NOT going through a yellow. Let alone a RED , so in this country where you have complete numptys driving the wrong way on a raod and expect you to move dor their stupidity, or going through a Red light because the for a zillion times they have got away with i, does NOT mean in my book it should be treated gently or taken anything other than seriously. In over twenty years here only three accidents, ( none of which were my fault ) , no injuries or even debilitating damage to the truck. Not done as much driving as others but never lose concentration and road awareness.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 22, 2023, 7:21 pm

the new lights just east of the Border Police Camp on Rte 22 (sakon Highway) are on and operational.
Dave

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”