UV Water Purifier

General Udon Thani topics only!
Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Re: UV Water Purifier

Post by Potamoi » February 8, 2023, 4:02 am

Sorry about the dosimeter name (former life word sprung from this old brain, likely due to radiation in my junior days 555) I meant to say metered dosing pump (for chlorine injection). Does not matter if you are not doing that part.

Yes, glad some helped just remember not to ever look at the bulbs (254 nm wavelength) when testing as they can damage your eyes if you look too long or often. Also, if you have a sight glass to see if the bulb is working, remember the light ON does mean it is powered up but does not mean its working at full power. Consider an hour meter or using a calendar. Keep records (I dare say most under the sink style filter assemblies are ready for service right now) and replace the UV-C bulbs every 10,000 hrs, less if power fluctuates or is cycled often (for example, being on a light switch may impact this hour replacement time).

Will like reading how you carry on, please keep us posted. Interested in the DIY version.

I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » February 9, 2023, 7:51 am

Thanks for all your help and time spent posting, I don't venture out much these days but if we happen to bump then I can at least buy you a beer.
Cheers.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » March 15, 2023, 11:28 am

UV Update

Purchased new UV Purifier from Shop 99 as suggested by Potamoi, same side of the road as Home Pro, small shop among a few others, can give coordinates if required.
4500bht, 30watt bulb as that came with the unit, will upgrade next year to 35watt as suggested.
Filtration set up seems to be working well.
Sequence of filtration:-
River Supply
Holding Tank, Chlorine Tablet added and left to stand 24hrs
Gravity fed to Gravel Tank
Fine Gravel Tank
Activated Carbon Tank
Holding Tank
Pumped from Holding Tank to Storage Tanks passing through UV Filter.
Pumped from Storage Tanks to House passing through UV Filter again.
Tried to introduce a Sand Filter Tank but had problems with pipe blockage and dirty water. Maybe try again later using Zelbrite or similar.
UV Filter.jpg
Attachments
Filter Tanks.jpg
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 16, 2023, 7:04 am

Noted tanks have no covers, , junk etc and bugs and dirt entering not a problem then I assume !!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”