Happy New Year 2023

General Udon Thani topics only!
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Happy New Year 2023

Post by Khun Paul » December 31, 2022, 2:59 pm

I wish all posters (friends and foes ) alike a wonderful peaceful and prosperous New Year. Hoping your happiness will never be tinged by sadness. Health to all mprre so as we age, bits start to breakdown and not work properl;y.

I will remain the same person who cannot suffer fools and those who attempt to score points , but I will not change my style, offering my limited advice when I see fit, not judging people ( well some I will but then they deserve it ) .

Take care and enjoy tonight, a warning having already raised a Glass to absent friends more than once today, unable to act as a chauffeur if required, your on your own and the BIB are out in force.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Happy New Year 2023

Post by pipoz4444 » December 31, 2022, 10:37 pm

Same here KP, have a good 2023

Let us hope the World gets back closer to normality during 2023 and Tourists return in droves to Thailand, for the benefit of all Thai's and Expats, alike \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

WimH
udonmap.com

Post by WimH » January 1, 2023, 4:55 am

Good health to all in 2023...
Wim
Vliermaal, Belgium

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 1, 2023, 5:47 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
December 31, 2022, 10:37 pm

Let us hope the World gets back closer to normality during 2023 and Tourists return in droves to Thailand, for the benefit of all Thai's and Expats, alike \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444
The big question, is, What is normal ?
It will I am sure take another couple fo years for Travel is back to normal especially flying, more so for countries to start to generally feel better regards to tourism, industry , general health of the population .

People have been hit hard, more so in Europe where a Dictator is waging a special operation ( WAR ) on another country and upsetting the long held status quo which has been generally in place since the end of WW11. Fragmentation and nationalistic tendencies are now rearing up in some countries. The accpted norm for many maintained ove the last 75 odd years is slowly coming apart , it will take great effort politically to keep the lid on some countries.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 1, 2023, 8:14 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
January 1, 2023, 5:47 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
December 31, 2022, 10:37 pm

pipoz4444
The big question, is, What is normal ?
It will I am sure take another couple fo years for Travel is back to normal especially flying, more so for countries to start to generally feel better regards to tourism, industry , general health of the population .

People have been hit hard, more so in Europe where a Dictator is waging a special operation ( WAR ) on another country and upsetting the long held status quo which has been generally in place since the end of WW11. Fragmentation and nationalistic tendencies are now rearing up in some countries. The accpted norm for many maintained ove the last 75 odd years is slowly coming apart , it will take great effort politically to keep the lid on some countries.
Having flown around 44,300 km across Asia, Australia and Europe over the past 6 months, air travel is pretty much back to normal. Flights are available with choices of carriers and destinations are open without overbearing vaccine related mandates. Outwith the seasonal peaks, in general, air fares haven't been too terrible. Most airports have taken the Covid down-time to totally rework their check-in facilities and some have totally reinvented their across-terminal security protocols. This results in a one-time, fast and efficient security screening on arrival that means you don't have the same OTT nonsense with hand-carry screening and body scanners when departing.

The only common detrimental trend I have witnessed is slower baggage handling and delivery services.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 2, 2023, 9:33 am

I hope everyone on The Map - contributors and lurkers alike - enjoys a happy, prosperous, and most importantly, healthy, 2023.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 3, 2023, 12:00 am

How kind, thank very much.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 3, 2023, 10:08 am

CNN wishes Bangkok, Taiwan a HNY.
Attachments
Bangkok Taiwan 2.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 3, 2023, 11:04 am

^ Maybe it's MCOT that's geographically challenged?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”