Motor bike license

General Udon Thani topics only!
Whistler
udonmap.com

Motor bike license

Post by Whistler » November 29, 2022, 10:59 am

Would appreciate latest requirements for motor bike license. I have drivers license visa, yellow book. Only need license for small two wheeler.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Motor bike license

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 29, 2022, 3:25 pm

Did my motorsai license same time as the car at Nong Han LTO .. it was just a dupiicate set of docs as used for the car and the fee was less if i recall twas 200.fir the bike license

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 29, 2022, 4:51 pm

DM, not a renewal, first bike license in Thailand
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 29, 2022, 5:30 pm

Whistler wrote:
November 29, 2022, 4:51 pm
DM, not a renewal, first bike license in Thailand
I think.its exactly the csame gig as fir a car whizzy .. just cheaper license.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 29, 2022, 7:31 pm

Found out finally. Not the same, you have to do riding test on a track with turns etc. Need a medical and book a test

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 30, 2022, 4:25 am

Whistler wrote:
November 29, 2022, 7:31 pm
Found out finally. Not the same, you have to do riding test on a track with turns etc. Need a medical and book a test
The turning bits are quite easy but watch out for the crossing the klong on a pole bit of the test.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » November 30, 2022, 5:25 am

Whistler wrote:
November 29, 2022, 7:31 pm
I didn't have to do any riding test. Was 5 years ago mind you and did my car licence at same time (which I did have to do the reaction test and watch a video for).

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 30, 2022, 10:12 am

No things and requirements are changing in order to satisfy the Public demands that driving and tests are improved in line with today's abilities, roads and driving.

Now only needs the RTP to actually be proactive in dealing with errant drivers of all vehicled more so lorries and bus/coaches to make the public realise ignorance is NO longer and excuse .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 30, 2022, 7:40 pm

When i did my motirsai license first time i did not do any test drive and a young lady filled in my highway code questionaire paperwork in pencil. For 100btb n i went over it in.pen ..all be it quite a few years ago .... 19 to be precise .. so.no doubt shes moved on n procedures have changed.

Dm.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 20, 2022, 12:15 pm

UPDATE, I hope my experience is of value to others.

I got my license this morning. Explored several options in doing so.

OPTION 1. Transport department. Process was not well explained despite having Thai partner with me. Apparently, copy of passport, visa, letter from immigration or yellowbook/pink card. Medical test, eyesight test, reaction test, parallax eye test, peripheral vision and colourblind test. Then answer 50 questions , multiple choice in English and riding test on tight course. Cost 105 bhat. PROS, very cheap, CONS the multiple choice question are quite hard, some questions quite obscure, passmark is 45 out of 50. Riding test is pretty tough, I think almost impossible with big roadbike.

OPTION 2. Drivesafe. same documentation, scan into process with thumb scan. They then provide 'immense' assistance so all tests and hoops to go through are assured. Their fee 3500 baht, take documentation to Department and get license for 105 baht. PRO's very easy to get license, scan in with thumb scan and go back some hours later and scan off again. CON's, most expensive option.

OPTION 3. Udon Safe (almost opposite transport department). same documentation, scan into process with thumb scan. Genuine eye tests etc, practice sessions before multiple choice road rules, actual road rules on premise, actual riding test on premise, reasonable assistance, you should pass OK if you are half capable. PRO's, fee is only 1500 baht, CON's the multiple choice question are quite hard, some questions quite obscure, passmark is 45 out of 50. Riding test is pretty tough, I think almost impossible with big roadbike.

I chose option 3.

Examples of obscure questions. If you have a traffic fine issued, how many days to pay 7, 10, 15 or 30 days. If you sell or buy a vehicle, how many days to process transfer, 7, 10, 15 or 40 days. If you have a fuel leak do you, Run hands over fuel lines to detect, use sight and small, take to be inspected, drive carefully. When can you use a blanket to move an injured person, their answers were never, but in fact if there is an emergency like a car fire, of course you move the patient before they become a crispy critter. A few like that tripped me up first time.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”