Finnish man arrested in Kut Chap

General Udon Thani topics only!
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Finnish man arrested in Kut Chap

Post by Whistler » November 27, 2022, 12:31 am

How about udon thani immigration facebook account, maybe they are copying and pasting too.

https://www.facebook.com/11216385721445 ... tid=Nif5oz

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Re: Fennish man arrested in Kut Chap

Post by BillaRickaDickay » November 27, 2022, 6:40 am

Could be lost in translation,
Dimentia? A Chap from the Fenns? Someone whose been AWOL for a few years, I reckon it's that Biggles guy.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 27, 2022, 7:08 am

I p[icked up[ the story from Thai news outlets, do not see anyproblems in how or why it was reported, only the children on this site seem to have problems.
After over 3000 odd days of being here illegally it would appeasr his Mental health has now deteriorated to the point of causing him to lose the plot and so his actions caused problems that Pold had to intervene.

There for the grace of God may many of us go unless we have a strong family to care care of us . Physically he looks ok but mental health is the hidden problem and so often the person do not know they are losing it .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 27, 2022, 7:48 am

Yes KP, even a child could have worked out that he probably could have flown under immigration's radar until he quietly expired but for his mental issues. I'm with Whistler on this though and not only hoping for same compassion from the authorities but also good cooperation from the Finnish Embassy.

Not wishing to generalize here but the Finns do have a hard drinking culture and a tendency not to integrate outside their own. There was a small village in Huayyai, on the 'dark side' of Pattaya, where about four or five retired Finnair pilots and aircrew had bought in as neighbors. When one of their number passed away, his house stayed empty and rumor had it that his "survivors" made it difficult to buy or even rent the property.

BTW, have you got a clause in your living will where you have appointed a Custodian lest you go off the reservation earlyish as well? You know it makes sense.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 27, 2022, 9:31 am

There is no doubt he had lost a lot of his faculties. He appeared to have very little English or Thai language skills. He managed to tell out friends he was a Finn but claimed he had come from a village about 2km from Kut Chap Central, but was bare foot, he could not have walked that far. In fact he had a rented room in a small soi near rd to hospital, from the pics of his arrest it seems that was where he was taken by cops.

When they asked me what to do I said call the cops as he may have been reported as missing, regardless they would call the Finnish Embassy. We have many friends in the area, thai and farang, nobody recognised him, so poor chap must have lived a lonely existence apparently estranged from his village partner for some time.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 27, 2022, 2:07 pm

tamada wrote:
November 27, 2022, 7:48 am
Yes KP, even a child could have worked out that he probably could have flown under immigration's radar until he quietly expired but for his mental issues. I'm with Whistler on this though and not only hoping for same compassion from the authorities but also good cooperation from the Finnish Embassy.

Not wishing to generalize here but the Finns do have a hard drinking culture and a tendency not to integrate outside their own. There was a small village in Huayyai, on the 'dark side' of Pattaya, where about four or five retired Finnair pilots and aircrew had bought in as neighbors. When one of their number passed away, his house stayed empty and rumor had it that his "survivors" made it difficult to buy or even rent the property.

BTW, have you got a clause in your living will where you have appointed a Custodian lest you go off the reservation earlyish as well? You know it makes sense.
Of my friends I am the sane one ....haha

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 27, 2022, 2:26 pm

Whistler wrote:
November 26, 2022, 8:11 pm

I posted information to supplement a Asian News article, sorry if that brought out a long term farang determined and arrogantly displaying their superior local knowledge
Hopefully you have had time to reflect on this totally unwarranted slur ..... and all that followed.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 27, 2022, 2:32 pm

Well warranted push back to posters who jumped in to sow seeds of doubt in a totally unwarranted manner. Once again JS I don't need your holier than thou advice on how to deal with the matter.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”