Washing Machine Filters

General Udon Thani topics only!
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Washing Machine Filters

Post by Khun Paul » November 3, 2022, 12:02 pm

Now before we get to the snide remarks and jokes, this particular subject i have never come across before.

Just before my little dog was put down ( I did it ) she had incurred multiple problems including TICKS . Now generally if seen dealt with by powder and spray on the dogs and washing any article associated with the infected animal, or powder on furniture.

Never a real problem,. but the other day I saw one one or two on some clothing I had just washed with a FULL cycle in the machine. So as usual after two or three washes I check and clean out the waste material caught in the in-tub filters and lo and behold I found many ticks quite happily residing inside the two filters and obviously during a wash cycle managed to find themsleves on the water side of the filter and attach themselves onto whatever was washing. .
his makes eradicating TICKS a very time consuming job as when you think you have won, along comes another one wandering around eventually jumping on your pet and so it continues`.

I just thought, I would mention my findings , as I p[reviously stated never had it happen before but it does show just how bloody tenacious these little blighters are capapble of being fully immersed in a full blown washing cycle, after hung up top dry these TICKS revive themselves and go about quite happily.

FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Washing Machine Filters

Post by jackspratt » November 3, 2022, 12:59 pm

My small (8kg) dog used to pick up, and redistribute in the house, plenty of ticks, and a few fleas,

Since starting him some months ago on a monthly Ivermectin tablet (Ivermectin + Praziquantel), I have barely sighted any of the nasties.

No need for powders and sprays.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Washing Machine Filters

Post by Khun Paul » November 3, 2022, 1:59 pm

Agree`normally not a problem however we are coming to the end of the tick season, no more dampness coupled wih a VERY ILL dog who by her actions slow moving etc, picked up everything while she wandered distressfully around , cleaning up the detritus etc, a lot lying around waiting to pounce. So a p[ainful task of cleaning everything and anything to ensure all gone. Hence my warning reference the Washing Machine a unlikely ally for the Ticks

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”