RBL Poppy Appeal 2022

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

RBL Poppy Appeal 2022

Post by vincemunday » October 28, 2022, 9:26 pm

Dear All,

This year there will only be one venue to purchase your remembrance poppies, I will be delivering them to The Fun Bar (thank you Bill) early next week. Please be as generous as you can, it's for a great cause.

Lest we forget.
Attachments
images (1).jpeg

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: RBL Poppy Appeal 2022

Post by vincemunday » November 2, 2022, 6:19 am

Dear All, i managed to make up two boxes of poppies so I have put them in Winners Bar, Nutty Park and The Fun Bar, Soi Samphan. There isn't much by way of choice, there wasn't a lot sent to Thailand from the UK and even less (nothing) sent to Udon Thani but there are poppies and a few car poppies.

Please be as generous as you can afford, this is a great cause.

Lest we forget.
Attachments
images (1).jpeg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 2, 2022, 11:40 am

There Ain't ANY Available in Nong Khai....A Friend of mine who has a Bar / Restaurant ordered & Paid for a Box from The U.K.....That NEVER Arrived !!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 3, 2022, 11:46 am

I've collected for the Poppy Appeal for many, many years, I've never heard of anyone buying a box of poppies so this is a new one on me. Had someone let me know sooner I would have been able to sort something

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 3, 2022, 11:54 am

vincemunday wrote:
November 3, 2022, 11:46 am
I've collected for the Poppy Appeal for many, many years, I've never heard of anyone buying a box of poppies so this is a new one on me. Had someone let me know sooner I would have been able to sort something
Well that is what He Told me,But He only told me Last Week.....Don't SHOOT The Messenger Vince !!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 4, 2022, 9:31 pm

Hopefully I'll get some new stock next year, if your man lets me know I will drop him a box off.

I'd never shoot you 747, that'd be far too kind, something slow and painful is far more suitable ;)

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 4, 2022, 9:48 pm

Hi Vincent

I looked at thread but maybe missed something where does the money go?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » November 6, 2022, 6:21 am

Whistler wrote:
November 4, 2022, 9:48 pm
Hi Vincent

The general poppy shop donations:

https://www.poppyshop.org.uk/pages/faqs#q15

If you missed out on the ones available in Udon, you can donate on the website as well:

https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/get-in ... 4wLjAuMA..
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 6, 2022, 6:44 am

Every year through a friend in the UK, I make my donation, running around here trying to get o a place that sells Poppies , can be costly exercise,

Wearing them here is nice to see but generally a personal exhibition ass the vast majority of Thais have no clue.
Better donate through friends or family in the UK, the money goes to where it is supposed to 100%

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 6, 2022, 8:42 pm

Whistler wrote:
November 4, 2022, 9:48 pm
Hi Vincent

The money is collected by the Royal British Legion, in our case they are based in Pattaya and it's then collated and distributed by the fund to veterans and their dependents. Please see https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/1 for more details.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 6, 2022, 8:52 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
November 6, 2022, 6:44 am
Every year through a friend in the UK, I make my donation, running around here trying to get o a place that sells Poppies , can be costly exercise,

Wearing them here is nice to see but generally a personal exhibition ass the vast majority of Thais have no clue.
Better donate through friends or family in the UK, the money goes to where it is supposed to 100%
I would have thought that wearing a poppy is a personal show of remembrance rather than a vehicle to display to others, I wear my poppy as a personal heartfelt thanks to those who gave their lives so that I could live mine but I guess we all see things differently, I'm sure the Royal British Legion in Thailand send the money to "where it's supposed to", but if you're happier to send your money to the UK it's fine, it all ends up in the same pot.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 20, 2022, 7:47 pm

Dear all, we have collected and counted the Poppy boxes and we would like to thank the Fun Bar and Winners Bar for allowing us to put the poppies on their counters.

We collected :-

Winners Bar - 697 baht
Fun Bar - 1140

Tomorrow I will pay 2000 baht into the account of RBL Thailand and I will post the reciept on this thread.

Thank you to all of you who donated

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 21, 2022, 12:43 am

Excellent.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 22, 2022, 4:34 pm

Thank you Mr Steve McDonald for your marvellous donation of 2000 baht, i have just transferred 4000 baht to the RBL Thailand.

Thanks again to everyone who donated.
Attachments
RBL.jpg

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”