Swimming pool refurbishment

General Udon Thani topics only!
Jai2
udonmap.com

Swimming pool refurbishment

Post by Jai2 » October 20, 2022, 1:30 pm

Anyone know much about Swimming Pools ---because I know the proverbial "Noffing"

Brought a small block of apartments--which has a large pool-- the last owner decided to take pump with him (as a gift) --and the other equipment thats left looks like it needs replacing--or maybe not--I haven't a clue. Pool not used for quite some time. I have had an English speaking company come out and look at it--- has anyone dealt with " Swimming pools Thailand" ? they are at Nong Bua Lamphu--Its quite a large sum of money to replace everything--So, would Like to get some feed back if you (or a friend) have any history with them and its good, please let us know--- if you feel it's bad, I would be grateful if you just PM me---I Don't want to rubbish any company on the site.

If you have had a good experience with any other pool company, (its more then just buying chemicals etc) ---please let me know....I am struggling a bit with this

Thanks Guys

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Swimming pool refurbishment

Post by Whistler » October 20, 2022, 1:54 pm

What sort of pool finish, fibreglass is usually easier to restore unless gel coat is stuffed. Painted, pebblecrete marblesheen or all other finishes all have pros and cons but can look great. My last pool was marblesheen that I was very pleased with. Maybe post a picture. For me salt water pools are easiest and cheaper to keep up to scratch.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Jai2
udonmap.com

Post by Jai2 » October 22, 2022, 1:01 pm

HI Whistler--its a tiled pool 69,000 Lit, I need to replace a lot the equipment, also maybe even relocate it--as its been built as an underground unit. Also probably need to re grout etc--so whole thing is not a small job.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 22, 2022, 1:11 pm

Give this guy a call .. Paul Bodin 0862336166 a Brit with a pool business based in Surin he does new and refurb pools nationwide and over seas... great service very experienced and knows his stuff and he will advise best options without any BS.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 22, 2022, 1:12 pm

Ok. I would have the old grout removed first, a difficult job requiring a skilled worker who will not damage the tiles. Yes, then an acid wash before regrouting and sealing the grout.

The good thing about tiled pool is you can use a salt water system for chlorination. Like all such systems a quality pump and filter is best. For my last pool I used a filter that uses kitty litter granulated filter material. I was very happy with that choice.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Jai2
udonmap.com

Post by Jai2 » October 23, 2022, 11:08 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 22, 2022, 1:11 pm
Give this guy a call .. Paul Bodin 0862336166 a Brit with a pool business based in Surin he does new and refurb pools nationwide and over seas... great service very experienced and knows his stuff and he will advise best options without any BS.

DM
Thanks D.M. it seems that this is their busy time of year-- but will do.

Jai2
udonmap.com

Post by Jai2 » October 23, 2022, 11:10 am

Thanks for the tips Whistler..... will keep trying.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 23, 2022, 4:20 pm

Do not acid wash under any circumstance, it will damage the tile adhesive and concrete, next your tiles will fall off. Your pumps perform better if they are below water level as they self prime, whats your filter a round sand type? If it is all you need to do is take out the filter sand and replace it with the newer glass media sand, the valve should be ok, if not just replace that. Is it skimmer system, or doe's it have a surge tank?

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 23, 2022, 4:47 pm

fatbob wrote:
October 23, 2022, 4:20 pm
Do not acid wash under any circumstance, it will damage the tile adhesive and concrete, next your tiles will fall off. Your pumps perform better if they are below water level as they self prime, whats your filter a round sand type? If it is all you need to do is take out the filter sand and replace it with the newer glass media sand, the valve should be ok, if not just replace that. Is it skimmer system, or doe's it have a surge tank?
Do not acid wash under any circumstance, it will damage the tile adhesive and concrete, next your tiles will fall off.Nail on the Head Bob, That's Exactly what happened to a LOT of my Tiles.....

Jai2
udonmap.com

Post by Jai2 » October 23, 2022, 4:48 pm

fatbob wrote:
Wow Bob--your the first person to give a positive nod to the underground pumps system...its a skimmer system, there is a lot of white on the blue tiles---I can try to water blast---but everyone advice is 30% acid into water to remove.
But thank for the tips....

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 23, 2022, 5:25 pm

Jai2 wrote:
October 23, 2022, 4:48 pm
fatbob wrote:
Wow Bob--your the first person to give a positive nod to the underground pumps system...its a skimmer system, there is a lot of white on the blue tiles---I can try to water blast---but everyone advice is 30% acid into water to remove.
But thank for the tips....
Ive done a few thousand pool systems and under NO circumstances would I acid wash tiles as it will break down the cement in the tile adhesive and the concrete of the pool, remember acid removes cement.... If theres a white build up its most likely lime coming from the concrete structure, if its eaten through the glaze on the tiles theres not a lot you can do, presure wash with soap, Bi Carb, vinegar and lemon, even WD-40 and elbow grease but your call.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 23, 2022, 6:06 pm

Defer to fatbob on this one, much more experience than myself

Jai2
udonmap.com

Post by Jai2 » October 25, 2022, 11:26 am

"ve done a few thousand pool systems and under NO circumstances would I acid wash tiles "--fatbob

Ok thank s again Bob.....

Jai2
udonmap.com

Post by Jai2 » November 10, 2022, 12:56 pm

Update on my Swimming pool refurbishment--search, is that anyone that was recommended here is far to busy to take on anymore work--- which in its self, I guess confirms the recommendation's.
So my hunt is still on.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”