Android phones.

General Udon Thani topics only!
glalt
udonmap.com

Android phones.

Post by glalt » September 21, 2022, 4:55 pm

After using an iPhone X for about a year, I hated it more now then when I bought it. My wife's nephew ruins phone by dropping them. He is too stupid to use a protective case. I had a number of mid level phones and was down to my last spare. I refused to give him my last old android Xiaomi phone. My wife was surprised when I gave her the iPhone to give i to him. We'll see how long it takes him to destroy that one. I insisted that he leave the iPhone in the case. I'd bet that soon the case will no longer be on the phone. The battery on the Xiaomi is getting a little weak. I now have to charge it about every three or four days. The iPhone had to be recharged every day.

I do have a new 5G Nokia phone on order. The G50 android Nokia has a huge 5000 milliwatt battery. It cost me about $165 dollars off Lazada. Do I need 5G? Probably not, but I do need a new battery in my old Xiaomi and it was easier to just buy a new 5G phone. The faithful cheap old Xiaomi will be my backup again, old weak battery and all.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Android phones.

Post by tamada » September 21, 2022, 6:38 pm

I bought a Nokia X20 in the UK this time last year. Best phone I've had. Good battery life, even when using Bluetooth devices or running it 24/7 for covid alerts (some countries still doing that stuff).

The latest fad is eSIM which is an electronic or virtual SIM so no more buggering about with mini and micro SIM cards and trays. Of course the X20 came on the market before that technology so out of date already.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » September 22, 2022, 9:44 am

I read reviews about the Nokia G50. It got criticized for the slow processor and 720 screen by the techies and gamers. Since I am just a simple user, I certainly don't need the latest greatest high tech phones. According to the reviews, the call quality and WiFi connecting is good and the camera is surprisingly good for the phone price. The screen size is 6.82 inches so that is good for my old eyes. I expect it will be delivered tomorrow so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it. Time will tell if it is as good as my old cheap Xiaomi.

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » September 23, 2022, 9:38 am

"It cost me about $165 dollars off Lazada"

Why not tell us how many THB? I mean we are in Thailand and all Lazada prices are in Thai Baht.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » September 23, 2022, 9:47 am

Price in baht is 5999 with free shipping.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 6, 2022, 10:07 am

Today is October 6. I charged the phone on the 1st and with my light usage, the battery is still at 44 percent. The phone works perfectly and does everything that I want or need. I'm very happy with my cheap Nokia.

Dale008

Post by Dale008 » October 25, 2022, 11:10 pm

I also took Nokia 3310, it is my 5th year with it and it is scratch less however It got thrown by me a lot of times.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”