thai banks exchanging GBP

General Udon Thani topics only!
Hoopoe
udonmap.com

thai banks exchanging GBP

Post by Hoopoe » August 2, 2022, 12:56 pm

Just a heads for for those holding GBP ,the cut off date for some notes is end of september being replaced , BUT ,i went into BKK bank (kumphawapi) and was refused as they implemented 1st of august for this bank ,went down to SCB ,long long queue , (im lucky like that ) first went in and checked they would exchanged rather than get in line , and be refused , nearly two hours in that queue ,but got rid at 43.34 bht , minus a tenner which they said was not in circulation anymore , which i'll send to Grandchildren,

747man
udonmap.com

Re: thai banks exchanging GBP

Post by 747man » August 2, 2022, 3:29 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
August 2, 2022, 12:56 pm
Just a heads for for those holding GBP ,the cut off date for some notes is end of september being replaced , BUT ,i went into BKK bank (kumphawapi) and was refused as they implemented 1st of august for this bank ,went down to SCB ,long long queue , (im lucky like that ) first went in and checked they would exchanged rather than get in line , and be refused , nearly two hours in that queue ,but got rid at 43.34 bht , minus a tenner which they said was not in circulation anymore , which i'll send to Grandchildren,
I've heard that MOST Money Exchanges will change them before the 30th of August....Better get one sorted to change me Couple of WHITE Fivers !!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 2, 2022, 8:33 pm

Well done to the Poms - only 30 years behind Australia in issuing polymer banknotes. =D>

And let's not mention the Yanks. :D

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 3, 2022, 12:46 am

jackspratt wrote:Well done to the Poms - only 30 years behind Australia in issuing polymer banknotes. =D>

And let's not mention the Yanks. :D
We got the best plastic money in the world. Everyone wants our plastic.
Think Canada may be on the list now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”