Covid test

General Udon Thani topics only!
choi choi
udonmap.com

Covid test

Post by choi choi » July 20, 2022, 7:19 pm

Just got the covid ! In 10 days I have a flight to UK. My question is, will a test still show positive in 10 days? Also where does one get the test? At the hospital?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Covid test

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 20, 2022, 8:42 pm

choi choi wrote:
July 20, 2022, 7:19 pm
Just got the covid ! In 10 days I have a flight to UK. My question is, will a test still show positive in 10 days? Also where does one get the test? At the hospital?
Go to any MOPH health center most tambons have one .. i used the one in Ban Jan
Fixed price ..takes 5 mins
You must use up the nose test not saliva
Take your own test they charge 50bt to do the test
They suply test cost 100 bt
If you need an official paper to confirm.result add 50bt

I use this regular when trabelling to Bkkn entering certain locatoons there who require a doc

I cannot comment on how long covid can be tested poz ..Dao.had it recently n tested negative after 7bdays isolation ..but still.feeling very tired n not 100% after 14 days .

Hope that helps

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 20, 2022, 9:07 pm

You need to know for sure you have Covid by +ve RTK test. Only having symptoms is irrelevant. You can buy RTK (up the nose) test kits at 7-eleven, Big C, Lotus's and just about anywhere else. Nobody wants infected people visiting anywhere, not even your tambon MOPH. Stay home, self isolate and do daily self-tests from day #5 onwards until you get a -ve test.

If you and your household do proper self-isolation, the chances of still testing +ve after a week is slight.

In case it persists, check with your airline on how they handle a cancellation due to Covid but don't tell them you have it already.

Good luck.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 20, 2022, 9:19 pm

Thank you Dr Tamada

Advice, get to the Hospital and let them assess

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 20, 2022, 11:18 pm

Doodoo wrote:
July 20, 2022, 9:19 pm
Thank you Dr Tamada

Advice, get to the Hospital and let them assess
Go ahead, spread it around.

What's to assess? The reason reported case numbers have been dropping GLOBALLY is because nobody's running around like a headless chook any more. The government stopped telling people who think they're infected to go to a hospital ages ago.

If you're fully vaccinated and not in distress, sort it out yourself with a box of 30 baht DIY tests Or go to a hospital and get charged more for the same test.

Up 2 u
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 20, 2022, 11:35 pm

Doctors asses illness, I aint no Doctor so off I go to the hospital. If it werent for Doctors we wouldnt have hospitals

I dont think many of us are Doctors unless I am mistaken

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 21, 2022, 3:42 am

Don't be silly, DooDoo, pop your trousers over the chair and bend over while I warm my fingers, there's a good chap.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

thecroc4
udonmap.com

Post by thecroc4 » July 21, 2022, 5:51 am

Myself , my wife and daughter all had covid just over 2 weeks ago.We all did an Atk test every 2nd day. After 5 days we all tested negative. Actually, my daughter was negative after 4 days. I think after 10 days you would be safe to fly Choi Choi.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 21, 2022, 6:31 am

As a footnote the document you can get confirming a negative test result whish will be required does have a time limit attached so timing is key with regard to flights etc .. where i go in Bkk requires a negative test doc within the last 24 hours which is a pain where as the document has a maximum time limit of 72 hours to be used.

Yes you can obviously go to any hospital for a test ..but IMO the MOPH centers are way more convenient and quicker service .. Hospitals here also are rammed with sick people and you have more chance to catch something whilst there waiting. Ban Jan MOPH center offers a great service .. all be it the building is small and a bit dated .. very pleasant staff and very handy location for me.

As ever ..as info only

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » July 21, 2022, 9:59 am

thecroc4 wrote:
July 21, 2022, 5:51 am
Myself , my wife and daughter all had covid just over 2 weeks ago.We all did an Atk test every 2nd day. After 5 days we all tested negative. Actually, my daughter was negative after 4 days. I think after 10 days you would be safe to fly Choi Choi.
Cheers mate! That's cheered me up so much. I am really suffering Real bad cough no sleep two days. So looking forward to my trip! =D>

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » July 24, 2022, 11:23 am

I'm a bit confused by this discussion, when I was in LOS twice earlier this year I can't remember any need for covid test prior to departure?

What test are you all referring to?

And if going to UK there is no testing on or after arrival.

Thanks.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 24, 2022, 3:37 pm

Doodoo wrote:
July 20, 2022, 11:35 pm
Doctors asses illness, I aint no Doctor so off I go to the hospital. If it werent for Doctors we wouldnt have hospitals

I dont think many of us are Doctors unless I am mistaken
Unfortunately (or not) all the Covid doctors seem to have retrained as Climate change experts this month ........the proof is all over facebook/Line :-"

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 24, 2022, 4:13 pm

Right, I'm done with DooDoo, who's next?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 24, 2022, 4:52 pm

deankham wrote:
July 24, 2022, 11:23 am
I'm a bit confused by this discussion, when I was in LOS twice earlier this year I can't remember any need for covid test prior to departure?

Thanks.
Exactly right. How can an airline (or anybody for that matter) know you HAD Covid unless you tell them? Even if you have caught it and laid low while your vaccinated body fought it off until you self-tested negative, nobody needs to know unless they specifically ask.

The main thing now is valid proof of being fully vaccinated. I just jumped through the hoops for Singapore who, like Malaysia, have an app that has evolved with the pandemic. It's not about tracking as being a repository of your status. The emphasis is on uploading QR codes. I could wait to show the paperwork at check in before getting on the flight to SIN and again on arrival but uploading them and 'priming' the app suggests an easier transition through airports.

BTW, their online pre-departure QR code upload website rejected the MOPH code for my latest Moderna booster but accepted my last (second) Pfizer QR as issued by the NHS almost 9 months ago. It's a bit ambiguous as there's no reference to boosters in their instructions despite the Singapore health authorities putting a 9-month maximum validity of their own citizens second jab.

Check in for flights to Malaysia wants to see your vaccination proof. If unvaccinated, you will need to run the gauntlet of their protocols that include 5 days quarantine.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 24, 2022, 5:33 pm

I thought it was possible to tell if you have had covid (at least for a certain amount of time). Doesnt a trace of the virus remain in parts of your system? Was that not the way they proved that Tennis guy had not had covid when he wanted to play in Oz?
I may be wrong as it's so bloo*y difficult to tell what info is fact and what is fake thesedays :confused:

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 24, 2022, 7:03 pm

DooDoo says the same.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 24, 2022, 8:08 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 24, 2022, 5:33 pm
I thought it was possible to tell if you have had covid (at least for a certain amount of time). ....
It is. But you need to have a blood test.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 24, 2022, 8:24 pm

jackspratt wrote:
July 24, 2022, 8:08 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
July 24, 2022, 5:33 pm
I thought it was possible to tell if you have had covid (at least for a certain amount of time). ....
It is. But you need to have a blood test.
And nobody's about to start random blood testing to see who's telling porkies.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » July 25, 2022, 6:38 am

deankham wrote:
July 24, 2022, 11:23 am

Thanks.
Yes I too was confused.After checking online about air travel rules Thailand, Seemed one need a test.
Now it appeares its not required! maybe I was looking at old info!
All that concern was needless!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”