AMAZON FIRESTICK

General Udon Thani topics only!
gprit
udonmap.com

AMAZON FIRESTICK

Post by gprit » June 10, 2022, 8:13 pm

Does anyone have one?
Is it possible to set a VPN and then watch BBC iPLAYER???

Can you choose menu language?

thanks

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: AMAZON FIRESTICK

Post by AlexO » June 11, 2022, 11:20 am

The answer to the VPN is yes, either one you pay for or download for free.
Never tried to get BBC IPlayer, but assume you can because can get live BBC programmes.
Never tried to change language, but would assume you can as there are many options in the menu list.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 11, 2022, 11:41 am

'The BBC iPlayer is one of the most popular streaming channels anywhere. It carries mainly British TV shows but has a global audience counted by the millions. Some programming is available outside the UK, but not all of it. You can access BBC iPlayer on multiple devices, including Amazon Fire TV.

Some of these shows are available outside the UK, and some are not. The BBC is hamstrung by licensing like other institutions, and it should be no surprise that not all programs are available in all regions. As always, there is a way around that. By the time you finish this tutorial, you will know exactly how to get around such annoyances.

Installing a VPN on your Firestick is easy. The ExpressVPN app is available on all FireTV devices and Firestick devices 2nd generation and higher. Their network also guarantees that you will be able to watch BBC iPlayer content outside of the default UK region. You can follow the instructions below for activating a VPN that will allow you to switch regions, or check out our more in-depth guide on installing a VPN on a Firestick. ...'

https://www.alphr.com/watch-bbc-iplayer ... firestick/
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » June 11, 2022, 2:20 pm

Handy.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » June 11, 2022, 2:34 pm

I have a FireTV use it for mostly for IPTV & Amazon Prime Video. I use NordVPN much the same way Tamada uses ExpressVPN. BBC iPlayer is not native on FireTV App store but can be sideloaded if you choose to (see Tamada's link for a tutorial to side load apps). I had a FireStick too a few years ago which was great for traveling since most hotels have TV's with a spare HDMI port and USB power port.

My preference at home however is to use the 12 year old HTPC attached to my main TV for watching Netflix, Amazon Prime, iPlayer via Chrome/Firefox/Edge/Opera/Brave with a NordVPN extension. This also allows easy viewing of the TV/Videos downloaded to my NAS drive on the network mostly because I like a keyboard and mouse rather than a remote.

My IPTV app works best on an Android box or FireStick/TV hence the need for both PC and box/stick. Windows11 subsystem for Android may one day allow me to load the IPTV app to the PC and the FireTV all together which would be great!

Bottom line is yes it can be done and like anything there a few ways to get what you wish. NordVPN is USD99 for two years.

Regarding the menu language question. There are 26 language options. Thai is not one of them though. Apparently, you can get more languages by sideloading another app: https://7techgirl.com/firestick/com.exa ... e-language
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

nutosf
udonmap.com

Post by nutosf » June 13, 2022, 9:02 am

I have fire stick with Nord vpn. I have android box I use for US sports. Nord VPN was $90 for 2 years.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”