This is what a police get when he do this..

General Udon Thani topics only!
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

This is what a police get when he do this..

Post by DuiDui49 » April 25, 2022, 1:09 pm

driving a vehicle with no licence plate, using a vehicle without paying the registration fee, having no third-party insurance, driving a vehicle with no side mirrors, failing to keep to the left lane, speeding, driving without due regard for safety, failure to comply with traffic signs, and reckless driving causing death....one year and 15 days in jail without suspension
More to read here:
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... mor-kratai

And now out on a 50.000 bail... :evil:

//Alfie..:-)

fdimike
udonmap.com

Re: This is what a police get when he do this..

Post by fdimike » April 25, 2022, 5:53 pm

Everything goes away with money in this third world country. Not a thing has been done in UT to try to correct the problem because no one cares. Law enforcement? There is none. It's all very disgusting.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 25, 2022, 6:28 pm

That was one of the big questions I considered before moving here. I though about all the corruption I'd seen in Thailand and I thought about all the corruption I didn't see in UK, then I realised I'm far happier to know and see the corruption here and deal with it in my own way than knowing it's happening all round me and not be able to do anything in UK due to it being so well covered up

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 25, 2022, 8:02 pm

I'm quite surprised he was even charged.

If it had been Waraluck Supawatjariyakul the noodle seller, rather than the ophthalmologist, I doubt it would have gone any further.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 25, 2022, 8:31 pm

out on bail again while his case is appealed. How quickly will that trial occur? Likely a long time..
Dave

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 27, 2022, 1:47 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
April 25, 2022, 8:31 pm
out on bail again while his case is appealed. How quickly will that trial occur? Likely a long time..
Since the trial took less than a year it’s likely the appeal won’t have such a long delay as you suggest.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 27, 2022, 2:14 pm

I'm sure both sets of lawyers can find sufficient reasons to extend their employment on the case

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 27, 2022, 7:16 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 25, 2022, 6:28 pm
That was one of the big questions I considered before moving here. I though about all the corruption I'd seen in Thailand and I thought about all the corruption I didn't see in UK, then I realised I'm far happier to know and see the corruption here and deal with it in my own way than knowing it's happening all round me and not be able to do anything in UK due to it being so well covered up
Talking from somewhere between your belly button and your knee's again Statts. If there is so much corruption so well covered up how just how do you know about it? But there are no whistle blowers, no investigative journalists exposing, with facts, the massive amount of corruption that surrounded you, that only you knew about. Not saying there isn't corruption but hardly on the scale that you infer there is. I worked for a company that virtually banned me from playing golf with my brother because he was employed by a company who could potentially be a supplier/subcontractor so its not quite as rife as you claim.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 27, 2022, 7:54 pm

Err do you not watch ANY news from UK ......

I will agree there is also a situation where some companies are so scared of being found to be corrupt that they go right over the top .... Case in question, sorted a headache problem for Virgin Trains and their timings manager gave a bottle of Whisky each for xmas as a thank you , which we were not allowed to accept. It does make you wonder if being OTT with the workforce is just a cover to stop investigations of corruption further up the ladder.
After Privatisation some of the biggest headaches between companies were solved by having out of office meet ups with former collegues in the pub and finding solutions over a beer so would have thought a round of golf with your bro would be a benefit to both ...... not like you couldnt talk over the kitchen table during a house visit is it

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 27, 2022, 8:09 pm

AlexO wrote:
April 27, 2022, 7:16 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
Talking from somewhere between your belly button and your knee's again Statts. If there is so much corruption so well covered up how just how do you know about it? But there are no whistle blowers, no investigative journalists exposing, with facts, the massive amount of corruption that surrounded you, that only you knew about. Not saying there isn't corruption but hardly on the scale that you infer there is. I worked for a company that virtually banned me from playing golf with my brother because he was employed by a company who could potentially be a supplier/subcontractor so its not quite as rife as you claim.
The victims, survivors and their families drawn together under the corruption that caused the Grenfell Tower inferno probably have an opinion on how it remains hidden in plain sight almost five years on.

That's a horrifically meaningful scale whichever way you look at it, no?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 27, 2022, 8:23 pm

tamada wrote:
April 27, 2022, 8:09 pm
AlexO wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:
The victims, survivors and their families drawn together under the corruption that caused the Grenfell Tower inferno probably have an opinion on how it remains hidden in plain sight almost five years on.

Was it corruption? Tam or just lack of due diligence in checking materials installed versus materials specified. If it was caused by corruption would your favourite rag not be all over it like a rash and criminal would charges being throw about like confetti. Lord Mayor Khan is a great champion of anything to do with immigrants and ethnic minorities (that group made up the majority of the poor souls that perished) do you think he is involved in a cover up of corrupt practices?

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 27, 2022, 9:29 pm

Although corruption in Thailand is streets ahead of the UK, I also have over the years become more aware of how much exists. Yes, no-one has to 'pay' to get thing done which you have a right to, but lots of the 'I will scratch your back if you scratch mine type' and i have been witness to a bribe being paid for a contract. Also my son got interested in politics, until he realised what he would have to do to get anywhere. The Tories under the present government have been shown to be showering friends with contracts during the pandemic. Morals no longer count for much.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 27, 2022, 9:43 pm

Of course if you just spend your life listening to and reading the Murdoch media mags and pooh poohing it when any other media outlet reveals the reality ...............

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 27, 2022, 11:06 pm

In the U.K. there have always been thank you gifts after the fact. I worked in a couple of jobs where these gifts were common, usually at Christmas time.

The vast majority of these could not have been called bribery, there was only 1 condition in 1 job where it could just possibly have been bribery though it was far closer to a commission.
Th situation was that a particular problem was not covered by a service agreement so we could not do anything to help our customers directly, however they were in a situation where they did not have the ability to easily find and contact a business that could assist. (This was long before cell phones and Sir Tim Berners-Lee was still in secondary school), We called round to business, found one who had the part to assist our customers, they then did business with our customer, later we collected a commission.

This was a situation where our customers were very happy as we found a business to help them (the customer always had a choice to find and go to different business, few if any did), the business was happy as they got more customers, we were happy as we got a small commission. This could possibly have been seen as bribery though it almost certainly was not. It is quite possible that the situation is still the same today, though with smart phones and Google you may be able to find assistance yourself.

When is a payment or gift a bribe? Some cases it’s easy to define. In other situations it’s very difficult to draw a bright line
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 27, 2022, 11:27 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 27, 2022, 9:43 pm
Of course if you just spend your life listening to and reading the Murdoch media mags and pooh poohing it when any other media outlet reveals the reality ...............
I asked you which ones actual prove allegations of corruption to enable criminal charges and you come back with reading Murdoch media mags. Again where is your evidence, how many criminal charges, guilty parties in prison? Not just unfounded allegations.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 27, 2022, 11:43 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 27, 2022, 11:06 pm
In the U.K. there have always been thank you gifts after the fact. I worked in a couple of jobs where these gifts were common, usually at Christmas time.

The vast majority of these could not have been called bribery, there was only 1 condition in 1 job where it could just possibly have been bribery though it was far closer to a commission.
Th situation was that a particular problem was not covered by a service agreement so we could not do anything to help our customers directly, however they were in a situation where they did not have the ability to easily find and contact a business that could assist. (This was long before cell phones and Sir Tim Berners-Lee was still in secondary school), We called round to business, found one who had the part to assist our customers, they then did business with our customer, later we collected a commission.

This was a situation where our customers were very happy as we found a business to help them (the customer always had a choice to find and go to different business, few if any did), the business was happy as they got more customers, we were happy as we got a small commission. This could possibly have been seen as bribery though it almost certainly was not. It is quite possible that the situation is still the same today, though with smart phones and Google you may be able to find assistance yourself.

When is a payment or gift a bribe? Some cases it’s easy to define. In other situations it’s very difficult to draw a bright line
I ended up in my mid 40's to retirement working in Project/Construction Management. Initially at Xmas it was normal to receive presents such as a bottle of wine or spirits from suppliers, sub-contractors. Soon after I started there was new legislation about corruption. This ended up as the only thing we could personally keep without declaration was up to the value of a UK Pound ie a pocket diary etc. If bottles were received then they were pooled and an auction was held with monies raised going to a declared charity. Bids of less than 50% of the retail value were not allowed. Again there is still corruption but nowhere near what statts is claiming.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 28, 2022, 5:25 am

AlexO wrote:
April 27, 2022, 8:23 pm
tamada wrote:
AlexO wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:

Was it corruption? Tam or just lack of due diligence in checking materials installed versus materials specified. If it was caused by corruption would your favourite rag not be all over it like a rash and criminal would charges being throw about like confetti. Lord Mayor Khan is a great champion of anything to do with immigrants and ethnic minorities (that group made up the majority of the poor souls that perished) do you think he is involved in a cover up of corrupt practices?
By your own admission, you despise what you claim as my "favourite rag" so much, you refuse to read it. Thus you are excused for being ignorant of the many salient facts that their investigative reporting about Grenfell and it's unresolved aftermath has brought to the public's attention. No matter how much the Kensington and Chelsea London Borough Council and the Tories would wish it would all just go away, it isn't.

The Grenfell wiki is a good point of reference if you chose to cling to it ALL being "just a lack of due diligence."

With regard to your dismissive "like confetti" comment and goading about the current Mayor from the minorities, maybe you are also unaware that criminal charges cannot be entertained while all three enquiries (police, public and inquest) are still ongoing and/or open. That's law and order 101. I guess it sucks to be white and right all the time, eh?

Here endeth the first lesson.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 28, 2022, 5:35 am

Back on topic, everyone has the right to appeal in Thailand. The fact that he's a law breaking cop notwithstanding, I don't think this will be buried and agree that as the case was unusually quick in coming to court, I expect the dismissal of his appeal to be even quicker.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 28, 2022, 7:07 am

tamada wrote:
April 28, 2022, 5:25 am
AlexO wrote:
April 27, 2022, 8:23 pm
tamada wrote:
AlexO wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:

By your own admission, you despise what you claim as my "favourite rag" so much, you refuse to read it. Thus you are excused for being ignorant of the many salient facts that their investigative reporting about Grenfell and it's unresolved aftermath has brought to the public's attention. No matter how much the Kensington and Chelsea London Borough Council and the Tories would wish it would all just go away, it isn't.

The Grenfell wiki is a good point of reference if you chose to cling to it ALL being "just a lack of due diligence."

With regard to your dismissive "like confetti" comment and goading about the current Mayor from the minorities, maybe you are also unaware that criminal charges cannot be entertained while all three enquiries (police, public and inquest) are still ongoing and/or open. That's law and order 101. I guess it sucks to be white and right all the time, eh?

Here endeth the first lesson.
Tam
If it so "hiding in plain sight" why oh why is it only the Guardian and you that can see it. Why are enquiries still ongoing after 5 years. Again you misquote me see highlight in red. Honestly people might just think you are referring to yourself in your final sentence, I could not have put it better myself.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 28, 2022, 7:19 am

AlexO wrote:
April 27, 2022, 11:43 pm

I ended up in my mid 40's to retirement working in Project/Construction Management. Initially at Xmas it was normal to receive presents such as a bottle of wine or spirits from suppliers, sub-contractors. Soon after I started there was new legislation about corruption. This ended up as the only thing we could personally keep without declaration was up to the value of a UK Pound ie a pocket diary etc.
This was also the situation where I was working, though I wasn’t there when the law changed to restrict smaller gifts to the workers so as to allow real corrupt donations to increase.
In one location, there were several country wide, at Christmas it was usual for full time staff to get a couple of bottles of spirits a few bottles of wine along with boxes of biscuits or a Christmas pudding. Even the part time workers got at least a bottle of wine, the total amount given was quite large as there were about 40 full time with 20~30 part time workers in our part of the business, I don’t know the amounts given to the office staff or managers, but they all got something

Though not remotely corrupt my best Christmas was when the company went from working 24 hours 364 days a year closing for Christmas Day only to working nonstop 365 days. It was very difficult to get enough volunteers to work Christmas as the majority had family commitments even though the negotiated payment was OT at 5 X standard rates so for being at work that first Christmas I collected over 2 week pay for 1 day at work, as very few wanted to be there. It was the easiest days work ever and there was wine and food (all donations) available all day long. That Christmas I worked, or was at work for 17 hours.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”