Air activity

General Udon Thani topics only!
glalt
udonmap.com

Re: Air activity

Post by glalt » January 27, 2022, 11:02 am

Near Nong Hin, Loei must be directly on the flight path. Fairly often two or three pass directly over our house. They rattle the windows. A couple days ago at least ten went over. That was very unusual.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 27, 2022, 7:13 pm

glalt wrote:
January 27, 2022, 11:02 am
Near Nong Hin, Loei must be directly on the flight path. Fairly often two or three pass directly over our house. They rattle the windows. A couple days ago at least ten went over. That was very unusual.
What? B52's?!

What direction were they headed?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 27, 2022, 7:40 pm

Lots of Air activity ..most of the hot variety emminating from open sewers on the East side of Udon .. must admit following baked beans on toast there is some serious air activity in and around udons afluent West side .. more acurating in .y pyjama bottoms !!

Seriously as info.. only noticed minimal noise from.jets one day recently .. exactly 8:30am the ear bashing lasted about 20 mins with numerous take offs n fly pasts... i git my catapult out but the bliighters were too quick for me

DM
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on January 27, 2022, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 27, 2022, 7:43 pm

tamada wrote:
January 27, 2022, 7:13 pm
glalt wrote:
What? B52's?!

To the Love Shack - obviously.

There's even a cameo from KP in his heyday, at 1.41, and other places. :D

But the highlight is probably Rand Paul in his youth (as lead singer), before he transitioned into being a full-on diicckhead politician.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 28, 2022, 10:38 am

tamada wrote:
January 27, 2022, 7:13 pm
glalt wrote:
What? B52's?!

For sure, no B-52's just low flying fighter jets of some type.

They are always headed west.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 3, 2022, 1:16 pm

Bit of air activity today ... but looks like a change is coming in the future ..
Been informed the Singaporean government are funding a revamp.of the old US Nam Pong airbase near Khon Kaen and all their planes n pilots wiill be located there when completed 25 67/68...making for quieter skies in Udon

DM

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » February 3, 2022, 1:51 pm

Yes, their dawn patrol took off over my house around 8 am.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » February 3, 2022, 2:08 pm

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/house-pane ... i-airbase/
Normal conversation is about 60 dB, a lawn mower is about 90 dB, and a loud rock concert is about 120 dB.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 6, 2022, 4:13 pm

as in all Google Maps sat views the date is unknown but this from my previous viewings of Nam Phong Airfield seem to be much newer. It appears some improvements/cleanups/upgrades are going on..https://www.google.co.th/maps/@16.66731 ... !1e3?hl=en
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 6, 2022, 4:18 pm

there will be some sad businesses in Udon Thani if the Singaporean Air Force move their training to Nam Phong. The nearest "acceptable" accomodations barring the Singaporeans actually building quarters at Nam Phong are in Khon Kean...
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 6, 2022, 5:16 pm

I wonder if the planned move has anything to do with the planned AOT takeover of Udon's airport.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 7, 2022, 10:27 am

If Wing 23 is not going to move then I doubt it.. Unless of course AOT plan on increasing flights and perhaps, finally, adding international arrivals.. Then the time blocks for military aircraft operations would be tight...
Dave

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 7, 2022, 11:09 am

parrot wrote:
February 6, 2022, 5:16 pm
I wonder if the planned move has anything to do with the planned AOT takeover of Udon's airport.
Yes it is..

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 7, 2022, 6:41 pm

Really last time they tried to make it an International AQirport the ETP Immigration Division eventually refused to man it correctly and that died a death.
his time we will see...bated breath time with a lot of praying, because it was going to be cheaper to fly Udon /Singapore then London rather than trek down to BKK

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 7, 2022, 8:18 pm

Sorrry unlike some i dont have any influencial well connected "friends" .. but this evening direct from the horses mouth who happens to be my new next door nieghbour an airforce rock n rolla .. 100% the Singaporean goverment are funding a full revamp of Nam Pong airbase due to be completed by 2567-8 ..this is due to in the near future Udon aiport gaining FULL international status with increased flights henceforth military will.no longer be
allowed to use the airport n phased out n moved to Nam.Pong .

So there u go KP.your Singapore weekenders are gonna get the green light :lol:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 7, 2022, 8:34 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
February 7, 2022, 6:41 pm
Really last time they tried to make it an International AQirport the ETP Immigration Division eventually refused to man it correctly and that died a death.
his time we will see...bated breath time with a lot of praying, because it was going to be cheaper to fly Udon /Singapore then London rather than trek down to BKK
Taking account of your normal sloppy writing fashion, I hazard a guess you mean "Airport" and "RTP".

Do you have a source for your assertion the previous failure of UT Airport to maintain international status was down to Immigration not putting up the manpower?

Because my memory was that Tiger Air, who started a (regrettably) short lived UTH - SIN direct service made the decision to put their planes into a new venture in Australia. Which I presume they saw as more sustainable and profitable.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 8, 2022, 7:23 am

Well when Tigere were flying, Immigration officers only turned up when the plane was flying and I recall one occasion when it could NOT disembark as NO IO's were p[resent.
Yes I am aware of Tiger Air move to a more lucarative route, helped maybe by the reluctance of RTP to properly staff the Airport .

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 9, 2022, 7:33 pm

with AOT running the airport and considering the renovation/addition there built Custom/Immo processing lanes I don't think getting the Immgration people to staff it when international flights are regularly scheduled will be a problem.
Dave

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 10, 2022, 6:26 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
February 9, 2022, 7:33 pm
with AOT running the airport and considering the renovation/addition there built Custom/Immo processing lanes I don't think getting the Immgration people to staff it when international flights are regularly scheduled will be a problem.
One hopes not, I did make enquires before the Pandemic of travelling to Laos and then onwards to London UK, as it was cheaper than going via BKK, since 2020 obviously that option off the ideas list, maybe later

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”