Coffee beans

General Udon Thani topics only!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Coffee beans

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 9, 2021, 3:35 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 9, 2021, 3:15 pm
the We coffee is very nice IMO .. sometimes i spoil myself n chuck in a sachet of American zero sugar for the first early morning brew.. One large We pack lasts me a week at 2 per day.

since discovering We and how healthy it is i stopped going to my combined syncrinized swimming and meditation class .. and drank more coffee..heres a home vid i made .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-CaC_43cZI

DM
parrot wrote:
November 9, 2021, 3:23 pm
Excellent video, DM......similar to what I see when you're walking your dog alongside the speedway. If you add a 'before' photo/video, you may find some advertising opportunities with the company.
the vid was from my 120 kg plus plus days ..im now exactly 100kg but its very hard getting down to my dream weight 95kg as instructed by the doc
I do tend to get many wolf whistles and car horn peeps as i walk the doggies bare chested .. this morning was lovely n cool and passing Thais wearing jackets gloves n woolly hats asking.... mai now Mr ??? and recently one monk from the local temple stopped me at 5;45 am and said ..quote- before you very fat ..now you slim ..are you sick ?? ..i smiled as Jack my dog pissed up his leg as we exchanged pleasantries.

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 10, 2021, 7:18 am

marvelous We coffee cappu turbo charged with a Nescafe Americano zero sugar this morning ... i like my coffee super hot which can be a problem when buying from a coffee shop as more often than not it comes warm.

BTW .. i received a msg (joke obviously :? ) the guy in the earlier video is NOT me .... it was my stand in stunt double.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » November 10, 2021, 8:40 am

I could see it was a double.
The forearms are to small

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Udon,s most expensive cup of coffee.??

Post by Old Grumpy » November 10, 2021, 11:09 am

Thought I would try a new place just opened on the main rd into Udon from NWS.Located on the left coming into town,the dual carriage way section,just pass where all the concrete barriers end and normal grass divides start.You can,t miss it, lots of signs,it,s called Hidden Cafe.
Drove in couldn,t see any cars or people, thought it might be closed. Extensive landscaped grounds with a white tent roofed building in the middle, anyway a guy came out and beckoned us in, surprised to find it was so small, about twelve tables, nicely furnished. Ordered two coffees ,bit surprised at ninety baht each served in a disposable mug, no water, declined a slice of cake at 170bt.nothing wrong with coffee, but nothing special either. One other couple came in before we left.
Now I have been in business all my life but I couldn,t think what their plan could be, spent a lot of money on gardening and huge land area, think coffee will give a return?
252289079_4675321682528545_7750021067870191904_n.jpg
Attachments
252489465_4675321462528567_3623960713510998536_n.jpg
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 10, 2021, 11:49 am

Ninety Baht that IS Outrageous for a Nescafe, But then again you did get a FREE Paper cup.....Which I Assume can be Re-Cycled !!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Re: Udon,s most expensive cup of coffee.??

Post by papafarang » November 10, 2021, 1:29 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
November 10, 2021, 11:09 am
Thought I would try a new place just opened on the main rd into Udon from NWS.Located on the left coming into town,the dual carriage way section,just pass where all the concrete barriers end and normal grass divides start.You can,t miss it, lots of signs,it,s called Hidden Cafe.
Drove in couldn,t see any cars or people, thought it might be closed. Extensive landscaped grounds with a white tent roofed building in the middle, anyway a guy came out and beckoned us in, surprised to find it was so small, about twelve tables, nicely furnished. Ordered two coffees ,bit surprised at ninety baht each served in a disposable mug, no water, declined a slice of cake at 170bt.nothing wrong with coffee, but nothing special either. One other couple came in before we left.
Now I have been in business all my life but I couldn,t think what their plan could be, spent a lot of money on gardening and huge land area, think coffee will give a return?252289079_4675321682528545_7750021067870191904_n.jpg
I'm guessing the lack of seating and disposable cups may be part of indoor restrictions and cup hygiene at the moment.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 10, 2021, 2:50 pm

O.G........my wife and I stopped in that coffee shop a few weeks ago.....maybe a month after they opened. The food was ok, the coffee was ok.........but whatever the bill was, I commented to my wife that the place won't survive on those kinds of prices. Lately, passing by, I notice fewer and fewer cars. For sure, the owners have sunk a chunk of cash into landscaping........for the photogenic crowd.........but when the rubber meets the road, I don't think people will pay those prices for a photo opportunity.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » November 10, 2021, 5:55 pm

parrot wrote:
November 10, 2021, 2:50 pm
O.G........my wife and I stopped in that coffee shop a few weeks ago.....maybe a month after they opened. The food was ok, the coffee was ok.........but whatever the bill was, I commented to my wife that the place won't survive on those kinds of prices. Lately, passing by, I notice fewer and fewer cars. For sure, the owners have sunk a chunk of cash into landscaping........for the photogenic crowd.........but when the rubber meets the road, I don't think people will pay those prices for a photo opportunity.
Just an idea what. you mean John.
Outside.jpg
outside geeral.jpg
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 13, 2021, 9:49 am

I'm guessing this Thai language youtube video with a little eye candy is the venue being discussed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmvH0LuMzJk

On second thoughts I might have that wrong. The outside looks similar.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 13, 2021, 11:03 am

My medium roasted Arabica beans from Lazada was disappointing. I have ordered a sample pack from Coffee Culture.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » November 13, 2021, 3:14 pm

GT93 wrote:
November 13, 2021, 9:49 am
I'm guessing this Thai language youtube video with a little eye candy is the venue being discussed:

Looks too HiSo for me
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 13, 2021, 3:23 pm

GT93 wrote:
November 13, 2021, 9:49 am

Thanks for the interesting YT, 93.

I could help but think, that in these times of COVID, there are at least 2 good reasons Ms Banana Diary should have left her mask on for the entire time. ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 23, 2021, 9:01 pm

Back to beans, I bought a bag of Arabica beans from the Royal farm shop opposite Tops in Central and it makes an excellent breakfast brew. It has currently supplanted Phu beans for my morning plunge (until the bag's finished).
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 23, 2021, 10:54 pm

I received my sample pack from Coffee Culture. Out of the six samples, nothing stood out. My favorite one was a 70/30 blend. I was going to order a half kilo until I found out it cost more than double than the same 70/30 blend I was getting from Lazada and not enough better to pay the premium. If those beans would have been way better, I would be willing to pay the premium.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”