Better than Ivermectin

General Udon Thani topics only!
parrot
udonmap.com

Better than Ivermectin

Post by parrot » November 5, 2021, 1:27 pm

Reading the press about ivermectin, it got me to thinking why I've never had worms, despite eating some dodgy food in a variety of countries. I can only chalk up my good luck to a regular diet of lots of cooked garlic and an occasional diet of a small plate of raw garlic. My first exposure to raw garlic was in Taiwan.....a Sunday morning at the shop where our furniture was being made. The owner invited me in for some steamed dumplings and thimble shots of white lightning (kaoliang). He showed me the 'process'......down the shot, then follow with a clove of garlic followed quickly with the dumpling. I seem to recall the first clove or two hard to take, but after a few shots, it didn't matter that the raw garlic was almost as nasty tasting as the liquor.
Ever since.......50 years.......I've been able to eat raw garlic. Not frequently, but a plate like that in the photo at least once a week while at Uncle Mustache's Lahb restaurant next to the mosque on Sri Chom Chuen. The good thing about living in Thailand is that none of the natives will ever complain about someone else having garlic breath. And, so far, still worm free
Attachments
20211105_103805.jpg

rct
udonmap.com

Re: Better than Ivermectin

Post by rct » November 5, 2021, 6:51 pm

Raw garlic served with VT Namneung. I love it!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » November 5, 2021, 6:52 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 5, 2021, 7:01 pm

higher than 17% asymptomatic parasitic infection rate for Issan. So, you could have them and not even know it..
worse than parasitic worms are liver flukes which are endemic and liver cancer causing here in Issan. Eating uncooked or poorly cooked fish is the most prevalent cause...On the worm stuff maybe a dose of Ivermectin would be a good thing!! :D

Parasitic diseases are still considered to be a major public health problem. Most patients with parasitic infections are asymptomatic and therefore remain undetected. Asymptomatic parasitic infections are usually discovered by routine parasite examination. To determine the result of parasite examination at the Parasitology Unit, Out Patient Department, individual Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand, the authors collected the data of individuals examined for parasite infections from June to December 1997. A total of 6,231 Thais provided the data for analysis. Evidence of parasitic infections was found in 557 (8.94%) cases. The disease was most prevalent in males (57.3%), and in the age group >15-30 years old (11.13%). The population from the Northeast of Thailand was found to harbor parasites with the highest prevalence rate (17.03%), while it was 11.90 per cent in the northern group. The parasitic prevalence rates in the West, East, South and Central regions were 10.60 per cent, 8.90 per cent, 7.74 per cent, and 4.92 per cent, respectively. The parasite most commonly identified was Strongyloides stercoralis (33.39%), while giardiasis was the most common protozoan infection (14.36%). The highest infection rates of S. stercoralis, hookworms, Opisthorchis viverrini, and Gnathostoma spinigerum were found in northeasterners. People from the North of Thailand were infected mostly with G. lamblia. People of working-age from northeastern as well as northern regions harbored pathogenic parasites with high prevalence rates. To prevent parasitic infections, health education for these high risk groups should be provided.
Dave

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 5, 2021, 7:54 pm

top tip , mix 5mg of ivermectin with 1000mg of water. spray it on your plants to kill everything from spider mites to bees. 100% effective. but don't tell everyone as it's totally banned as a pesticide in thailand .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 5, 2021, 9:21 pm

Barney wrote:
November 5, 2021, 6:52 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Q: How did Jenner test his ground-breaking theory of vaccination?

A: Edward Jenner is considered the founder of vaccinology in the West in 1796, after he inoculated a 13 year-old-boy with vaccinia virus (cowpox), and demonstrated immunity to smallpox.

Jenner tested on one lad whereas the collective covid vaccines have been tested on hundreds of millions of people, young and old.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”