Transfer Wise

General Udon Thani topics only!
Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: Transfer Wise

Post by Niggly » September 8, 2021, 8:39 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 8, 2021, 6:29 pm

Yes, I log into wise.com and go from there except now I get a red circle with a red line through the circle when I try to confirm the details and continue. It's all frustrating and angers the chihuahua on the other side waiting for his money.
Strange it seems to have let you register without a phone number.
Whenever I log on via the web page it always sends me an OTP to the registered phone & I just enter it to confirm it’s me trying to log on.
Can you not just create a new account? I’d have thought it would be quicker & easier than trying to prove your identity over on line help

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » September 8, 2021, 8:43 pm

Contact the help desk.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 9, 2021, 12:19 am

Niggly wrote:
September 8, 2021, 8:39 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

Yes, I log into wise.com and go from there except now I get a red circle with a red line through the circle when I try to confirm the details and continue. It's all frustrating and angers the chihuahua on the other side waiting for his money.
Whenever I log on via the web page it always sends me an OTP to the registered phone & I just enter it to confirm it’s me trying to log on.
Can you not just create a new account? I’d have thought it would be quicker & easier than trying to prove your identity over on line help
When I registered with Transferwise, I gave them the phone number of the high school where I work. But that number can't be used to receive codes or much else. Now, years later, Wise has introduced a two-part security system and the second part involves Wise sending a code to my cell/smart phone, which I don't possess, and then me typing that code onto their website. I will contact their help desk.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » September 9, 2021, 12:53 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 9, 2021, 12:19 am
Niggly wrote:
September 8, 2021, 8:39 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

When I registered with Transferwise, I gave them the phone number of the high school where I work. But that number can't be used to receive codes or much else. Now, years later, Wise has introduced a two-part security system and the second part involves Wise sending a code to my cell/smart phone, which I don't possess, and then me typing that code onto their website. I will contact their help desk.
contact them all you want,or maybe just buy a cell/smart phone,failing that see if they except carrier pigeon or contact statto
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 9, 2021, 6:57 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Niggly wrote:
September 8, 2021, 11:54 am
I guess you’re using a web page if you haven’t got a phone with the app?
Do you see your name on the top right of the screen?

What url are you using?

If not the one I show above try that, or https://wise.com/help/contact

They will both allow a login.

Alternatively assuming know your personal account number and still use or can access the email address. You used then don’t login, scroll to the bottom of the screen and you can use the contact centre
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 9, 2021, 8:41 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 9, 2021, 6:57 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Niggly wrote:

What url are you using?

Alternatively assuming know your personal account number and still use or can access the email address. You used then don’t login, scroll to the bottom of the screen and you can use the contact centre
Thanks sometimewoodworker, I'm going to give it a try tomorrow after work Toronto time.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 9, 2021, 9:24 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 9, 2021, 8:41 am
sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 9, 2021, 6:57 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Niggly wrote:

What url are you using?

Thanks sometimewoodworker, I'm going to give it a try tomorrow after work Toronto time.
A report on what problem was found and how, and how quickly, it has been resolved will be useful, just i case someone else has the same problem.

Also FWIW the site and your account may be (probably are totally) functional. The problem is most probably your computer and it’s settings or internet connection.

Do the troubleshooting under Before contacting wise as the only one of the steps under that are controlled by them is the required TLS (HTPPS) version and if it’s that then you will have to correct that before you can connect

1) try a different browser, Firefox is a recommended test one
1A) it is quite possible that if your browser or OS is not current it may not support the required latest version of TLS as a minimum 1.2 though 1.3 may be required
2) if you use a VPN disable it for testing
3) clear the test browser cache
4) if you use a firewall, disable it for testing.
5) confirm that your OS is up to date
6) confirm your browser is up to date.
7) clear the computer caches.
it is quite possible that if your browser or OS is not current it may not support the required latest version of TLS as a minimum 1.2 though 1.3 may be required

Number 1A is the most likely, but trouble shooting needs to be done step by step. Testing the connection after each step as the get progressively more serious and so you shouldn’t do more than is needed.

Basically if your computer/browser can’t use the required version of TLS/HTTPS you must change it. No financial institution should ever allow an insecure connection and just because your computer can do everything else you want is no reason to lower security.
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 9, 2021, 9:53 am

I can connect with them with no problem. The difficulties begin when I am asked to confirm and continue after reviewing the transaction information. This is when the red circle appears with the red line and I cannot continue.

Recently a request will appear asking me to use their security system so they can send me a code on my smart phone, which I do not have.

I will pass on any information that I receive. Thanks again

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 9, 2021, 9:30 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 9, 2021, 9:53 am
I can connect with them with no problem. The difficulties begin when I am asked to confirm and continue after reviewing the transaction information. This is when the red circle appears with the red line and I cannot continue.

Recently a request will appear asking me to use their security system so they can send me a code on my smart phone, which I do not have.

I will pass on any information that I receive. Thanks again
Have you gone into the security system to see if a code on a phone is the only option?

They do have help via email, live chat and phone help so you should be able to contact them easily.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 10, 2021, 2:24 am

I'm going to try and contact Wise in about an hour. Thanks.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 10, 2021, 3:06 am

We've got your email
Check your email for our response. It usually takes up to 1 working day for us to answer.

I got through to the help desk and await their response. I asked if I can use my wife's cell phone number in Khon Kaen as my number, instead of my work number, and if there are any other options available.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 10, 2021, 9:22 am

Out of curiosity, I just logged onto Wise through a web browser for the first time in over 6months.
It didn’t send me an OTP to the registered number as before but opened the app on my phone & I had to click it was me trying to access on the web.
It gave me a very rough location (Khon Kaen 🙄) & the IP address being used which I guess would only be useful to alert you if it’s not you trying to log in.

Once I clicked it was me, it just opened my account as normal on the web & let me perform transactions
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 10, 2021, 12:05 pm

Niggly wrote:
September 10, 2021, 9:22 am
Out of curiosity, I just logged onto Wise through a web browser for the first time in over 6months.
It didn’t send me an OTP to the registered number as before but opened the app on my phone & I had to click it was me trying to access on the web.
It gave me a very rough location (Khon Kaen 🙄) & the IP address being used which I guess would only be useful to alert you if it’s not you trying to log in.

Once I clicked it was me, it just opened my account as normal on the web & let me perform transactions
That is the 2 factor authentication.

You had previously authenticated yourself on the app on your phone, so all is well and the security is working as designed. Not everything is available on the phone app.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 10, 2021, 12:52 pm

Wise has always been texting me a code when I log in. I've been using Wise for about 6 months. I like it.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 10, 2021, 3:15 pm

Been studying their web site for operational procedures etc. and comparing their charges with BahtSmart, they appear to be a little cheaper. Have I got this right?
1. I login
2. Set up a transaction AUD to THB, say AUD$3,000.00
3. I Transfer $3000 plus fee to their Australian bank account using a transaction code they will give me
4. Sometime later the quoted amount of Baht will appear in my Thai bank account.

How long does this take? SmartBaht is 2 to 5 hours from the bank transfer - 24/7 and not effected by public holidays, weekends etc.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 10, 2021, 4:02 pm

4. Sometime later the quoted amount of Baht will appear in my Thai bank account......

Depends on your THAI Bank Account......If Kasikorn should be Seconds....But Bangkok Bank could be NEXT Day depending what time you transfer from Australia....

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 10, 2021, 4:38 pm

^ My experience is that the transfer through Wise can take anywhere from 2 hours to 4 days to hit your Thai bank account.

It can be affected by weekends and public holidays at both ends.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 10, 2021, 4:57 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
September 10, 2021, 3:15 pm
Been studying their web site for operational procedures etc. and comparing their charges with BahtSmart, they appear to be a little cheaper. Have I got this right?
1. I login
2. Set up a transaction AUD to THB, say AUD$3,000.00
3. I Transfer $3000 plus fee to their Australian bank account using a transaction code they will give me
4. Sometime later the quoted amount of Baht will appear in my Thai bank account.

How long does this take? SmartBaht is 2 to 5 hours from the bank transfer - 24/7 and not effected by public holidays, weekends etc.
That is one way that it can work.

You can also set up a multi currency account where you get funds paid into in whatever currency you have available, then at your convenience you can convert it into Baht and pay whichever account you like.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 10, 2021, 9:41 pm

Fees for wiring US $30,000:

Wise -- US$181.37
My Credit Union -- US$65.00

No brainer.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » September 11, 2021, 5:25 am

Giggle wrote:
September 10, 2021, 9:41 pm
Fees for wiring US $30,000:

Wise -- US$181.37
My Credit Union -- US$65.00

No brainer.
What is the exchange rate for Wise vs Credit Union for the $30k?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”