Everything but nothing changes

General Udon Thani topics only!
Whistler
udonmap.com

Everything but nothing changes

Post by Whistler » June 20, 2021, 10:07 pm

Not sure about there rest of you, but I am way over COVID. But, we are lucky in many respects, we will survive (apologies to whoever sang that song)

- Our Parents dealt with WW11
- Some with the Great Depression
- The Spanish Flu
- Previous generation with WW1
- Boer War
- Crimean War
- American Civil War
- Napoleonic Wars
- American war for Independence

Most generations have some nasty world event, we are simply getting ours

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: Everything but nothing changes

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 20, 2021, 11:24 pm

We survived disco, but will we survive rap?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 21, 2021, 6:26 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
June 20, 2021, 11:24 pm
We survived disco, but will we survive rap?
You missed the first letter in that music genre, it is C.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 21, 2021, 8:40 am

Covid has been nothing like those catastrophes
Realistically there has been no mass deaths caused by covid
Spanish flu infected approx a third of the world pop with a death rate of between 10-20 of those infected

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » June 21, 2021, 8:47 am

I don't think the death toll is the only thing to consider, you have to look at covid and what it did, basically shut the world down for 1+ years, whether anybody believes it was/is warranted, it was/is the reality.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 21, 2021, 11:31 am

noosard wrote:
June 21, 2021, 8:40 am
Spanish flu infected approx a third of the world pop with a death rate of between 10-20 of those infected
Deaths from Spanish flu have mainly been exaggerated. In the UK, mortality rate as a nation was between 0.28 and 0.4%. In the USA, it was 0.48- 0.81%. In Europe as a whole, estimated to be 1.1% (reckoned to be higher due to poor nutritional state of many European countries due to the war). India may have been around 5% (also probably health related).

Countries with populations which had been mainly isolated for hundreds of years (e.g. Pacific Islanders. Inuit) had much higher death rates. Getting accurate global death statistics is difficult as causes of death in many countries were not recorded, but estimates vary between 1-6%, or between 17 and 100 million people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

Currently quite a few countries have official Covid-19 death rates of 0.1- 0.5%, Although excess death rates in some countries suggest actual deaths were far higher. And pandemic isn't over yet.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » June 21, 2021, 11:33 am

noosard wrote:
agree . virus real but mild in mortality and less than seasonal flu . the lockdown was a hoax that prevented herd immunity thanks to who ccp cdc and dr television .
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 21, 2021, 11:49 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
June 21, 2021, 11:33 am
agree . virus real but mild in mortality and less than seasonal flu . the lockdown was a hoax that prevented herd immunity thanks to who ccp cdc and dr television .
So dinosaurs still do roam the earth.......

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 21, 2021, 12:07 pm

The difference between a Virus and a WAR is you know who your enemy are in a war, most of the time.
The Spanish Flu killed a lot but then basic Hospitals especially in the Western World were just getting over WW ! .
Mortality rate high due to lack of medical care.
Now this virus was bad in that the infection affected breathing ( respiratory disease ) and so the erlderly were most at risk .
The big problem was that so many discounted the severity, from Politicians to everyday folk many thinking I am not old so I am alright, coupled with the resulting mayhem causing countries Health care providers serious problems coupled with severe lack of preventative measures as everywhere needed it Immediately. plus while dealing with the Victims of the Virus , so many other normal health care actions were put on hold ( cancer treatments, minor operations ) etc, which means that many more may die because of lack of treatment.

Governments generally felt to protect their own healthcare systems, shutting down was the only conceivable action , closing borders and slowing the spread by human to human contact which had been proven to be part of the problem.

Now in hindsight I am sure many will tout alternative actions that could have been taken, we still have those that DENY the severity of COVID 19 , but hell we are all entitled to our opinions.

Moving forward all Countries need to learn and many need to eamine their own selves as to what they want to believe, there are many and we all know someone who has lost a loved one due to Covid 19, even those who do not believe in being vaccinated and following the rules .

Life as we knew it will change so we all better accept it and learn to move on or not, but I think traverl will now always come with caveats, vaccinated ok, not vaccinated a problem. AND BEFORE you allmoan and groan, we have had this situation before and it is still policy, some countries will NOT let you enter if you are NOT vaccinated against something , I recall Yellow Fever being required before visiting some parts of Middle east/ Far east and South America.
Some requirements change over the years as diseases rise and fall . How many of you would go to Africa without being innoculated against Ebola and other weird illnesses .

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 21, 2021, 12:44 pm

Khun Paul & Rick,

The poster has a history of finding my posts and disagreeing. There is no logic to the post, just being oppositional as many times as he can

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » June 21, 2021, 1:54 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
June 21, 2021, 11:33 am
noosard wrote:
And every world leader, including Trump. None of the individuals who you mentioned can lock down a country. And how could the lockdown have been a hoax if it really happened?

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » June 21, 2021, 2:24 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
June 21, 2021, 1:54 pm
And every world leader, including Trump. None of the individuals who you mentioned can lock down a country. And how could the lockdown have been a hoax if it really happened?
in my efforts to be brief I neglected to be more detailed in my statement . I will amend it to provide a more complete meaning .

agree . virus real but mild in mortality and less than seasonal flu . the NEED FOR A lockdown was a hoax that prevented herd immunity thanks to who ccp cdc and dr television WHO WERE BLINDLY TRUSTED AS EXPERTS BY GOVERNMENT LEADERS AND BUSINESSES AND PEOPLE WORLDWIDE .

have a good week at your work .
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » June 21, 2021, 10:04 pm

And it's funny how someone can claim that the covid-19 virus has a lower mortality rate than the seasonal flu when in fact it's 10x greater. Or how the WHO, the CDC, and Dr. Fauci prevented herd immunity because government leaders blindly trusted them, even though the previous POTUS publicly stated that he did not listen to them or follow their advice from the very beginning. Someone needs to try again

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » June 22, 2021, 5:50 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
And every world leader, including Trump.
you brought up Trump not me . he must be in your head . my reference was to "GOVERNMENT LEADERS AND BUSINESSES AND PEOPLE WORLDWIDE" . I did not name anyone . you continue to prove that you have an uncanny ability to read things that are not there .

I fully expect all of those who advocate for government to believe the covid numbers from government agencies that have been in question from the beginning . it is a fact that there are people who were infected with covid actually died from other things but just had the infection at the time of death . it is very different to die from covid rather than to die with covid . the recovery rate is 90% and higher for every age group .

and then there is the admission from Dr. Birx .
"There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition, and let's say the virus caused you to go to the ICU and then have a heart or kidney problem, some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death. The intent is ... if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that." - Dr. Birx

confirmed . if you died of something else but had covid at the time of death they are recording it as a covid death .

for all of those reasons and many others I no longer believe the who the cdc the ccp or dr television or other scientists who now admit that they lied because of Trump . they politicized the virus . you often question what is reported on other news and you can believe what you want . I will do the same .

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » June 22, 2021, 7:34 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
June 22, 2021, 5:50 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
And every world leader, including Trump.
you brought up Trump not me . he must be in your head . my reference was to "GOVERNMENT LEADERS AND BUSINESSES AND PEOPLE WORLDWIDE" . I did not name anyone . you continue to prove that you have an uncanny ability to read things that are not there .

I fully expect all of those who advocate for government to believe the covid numbers from government agencies that have been in question from the beginning . it is a fact that there are people who were infected with covid actually died from other things but just had the infection at the time of death . it is very different to die from covid rather than to die with covid . the recovery rate is 90% and higher for every age group .

and then there is the admission from Dr. Birx .
"There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition, and let's say the virus caused you to go to the ICU and then have a heart or kidney problem, some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death. The intent is ... if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that." - Dr. Birx

confirmed . if you died of something else but had covid at the time of death they are recording it as a covid death .

for all of those reasons and many others I no longer believe the who the cdc the ccp or dr television or other scientists who now admit that they lied because of Trump . they politicized the virus . you often question what is reported on other news and you can believe what you want . I will do the same .

Nah, Trump's not in my head. but the best thing that ever happened was getting him out of there. But the fact of the matter is, whether I liked the lockdown or not, which I didn't, it saved millions of lives across the world.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » June 22, 2021, 7:54 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
June 22, 2021, 7:34 am
But the fact of the matter is, whether I liked the lockdown or not, which I didn't, it saved millions of lives across the world.
many disagree with you .

https://rumble.com/vigrc9-dr.-scott-atl ... -clip.html
Dr. Scott Atlas: The Deadly Price of COVID19 Lockdowns, a Failed Policy
“Stay-at-home.” “Distance learning.” “Essential travel only.” For the last year, widespread restrictions on human activity have become the norm.

But now the data is clear: lockdowns not only had devastating effects on much of society, but they also failed to protect the most vulnerable, says former White House COVID advisor Dr. Scott Atlas. “There's a big reason why lockdowns were never recommended in prior pandemics.”

https://www.aier.org/article/lockdowns- ... -evidence/
Lockdowns Do Not Control the Coronavirus: The Evidence
The use of universal lockdowns in the event of the appearance of a new pathogen has no precedent. It has been a science experiment in real time, with most of the human population used as lab rats. The costs are legion.

The question is whether lockdowns worked to control the virus in a way that is scientifically verifiable. Based on the following studies, the answer is no and for a variety of reasons: bad data, no correlations, no causal demonstration, anomalous exceptions, and so on. There is no relationship between lockdowns (or whatever else people want to call them to mask their true nature) and virus control.

https://fee.org/articles/we-just-got-ev ... backfired/
We Just Got Even More Proof that Stay-At-Home Orders Lethally Backfired
A new study finds that lockdown orders didn’t reduce overall mortality, and may have even increased it.
“We failed to find that countries or U.S. states that implemented SIP policies earlier, and in which SIP policies had longer to operate, had lower excess deaths than countries/U.S. states that were slower to implement SIP policies,” the authors explain.

And their finding is no outlier. A number of other credible studies have similarly concluded that lockdowns were ineffective at slowing the spread of COVID-19. Plus, other research now shows that most COVID-19 spread occurred at home, not out in the world, making stay-at-home orders all the more absurd in hindsight.
study was done in 43 countries and all 50 states . locking down seniors in nursing homes had deadly effects .

believe what ever you want to believe .

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » June 22, 2021, 9:28 am

So every country was wrong. Gotcha.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 22, 2021, 1:17 pm

Trump Derangement Syndrome likely killed more Americans than the Wuhan Flu. The fever-swamp lunatics immediately disagreed with, and discounted everything he said. That leftist idiocy was responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths. They should be ashamed and apologize to the sane American public.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 22, 2021, 2:35 pm

Covid-19 death reporting is plagued with the fact that many deaths are not correctly attributed. This is why excess death rate is a much better indicator - as unless some other factor is known, it is quite reasonable to attribute most or all excess deaths to Covid-19. A global study done early this year of excess deaths found that for countries which had excess death statistics, found on average that excess deaths were double reported Covid-19 deaths. For the USA, excess deaths were 40% higher than reported Covid-19 deaths. That puts the 2020 death toll from Covid-19 as over half a million, and over 750,000 to date.
Some countries, like Russia and Iran, have deliberately under-reported Covid-19 deaths, others due to lack of resilient reporting systems (like India) have missed them.

Lockdowns, contact tracing and sanitary precautions - only work if robustly applied and conformed to by the population. They worked well in Many Asian countries and Australia and New Zealand. Although implementation was sometimes harsh, the benefits of zero or very low rate of infections is low fatalities and a more open internal economy.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 22, 2021, 11:12 pm

They're islands. Duh.

The brain-surgeon open border nitwits want every American to stay home and wear masks while they usher in hundreds of thousands of untested, unprotected, unknowns and disperse them to all points across the continent.

These numbnuts need to be culled.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”