World pop in1914 was 1.7b
Estimates of 20 million deaths and 21 million wounded in WW1
World pop in 1940 was 2.3b
An estimated total of 70–​85 million people perished WW2

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Everything but nothing changes

Post by Khun Paul » June 30, 2021, 11:32 am

More people die each year from FLU , I would not like to see the Fatalities worldwide for traffic related accidents . Mass deaths would be Maos long walks and the Retreat of the German Army in Russia WW11
Over 50 mill were traipsing around European nations following WW!! how many died no-one really knows , resettling etc.
That is of course recent history 20th Century stuff, if you went back there were recorded mass deaths of huge proportions following wars and conflicts, and yet we are still here as a species.

Just figures chaps just figures. Like statistics can be made to prove/disprove anything

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 30, 2021, 11:47 am

I only hesitate to post this link because it's from UK researchers.......and, does anyone believe they're wiser than any of us who travel the rabbit holes of the internet?

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKCN26E3FL

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 30, 2021, 12:16 pm

parrot wrote:
June 30, 2021, 11:47 am
I only hesitate to post this link because it's from UK researchers.......and, does anyone believe they're wiser than any of us who travel the rabbit holes of the internet?

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKCN26E3FL
Parrot,

That article was September 2020, the no of deaths was 1 million, now it is 4 million. KP your assertions about flu deaths is often trotted out, it just happens that it is unsupported by facts.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 30, 2021, 6:27 pm

True but in the scale of things generally does it really matter , we should be concerned about the number of deaths here from COVID transmission areas and what the hell the Thai Government is doing to clamp down on the spreaders.

Covid has lessened Life expectancy down 1.6 years , now that is interesting

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 30, 2021, 7:03 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
June 30, 2021, 6:27 pm
True but in the scale of things generally does it really matter , we should be concerned about the number of deaths here from COVID transmission areas and what the hell the Thai Government is doing to clamp down on the spreaders.

Covid has lessened Life expectancy down 1.6 years , now that is interesting
With you on this one KP, sadly the answer is 'Not Enough'.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » July 1, 2021, 12:39 am

Since 2010, the annual death toll due to the flu in the United States has been between 12,000 to 61,000. There is no comparison between the number of deaths between covid and the flu at this time, possibly in the future as more people get jabbed, but you can't compare them now.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 1, 2021, 6:52 am

noosard wrote:
June 30, 2021, 11:18 am
World deaths 2020 approx 60m
of that 60m who have died covid deaths are approx 4.4%
now 4.4% is not a massive percentage
where as 2million covid deaths by itself is

Now you mentioned WW1 and WW2
World pop in1914 was 1.7b
Estimates of 20 million deaths and 21 million wounded in WW1
World pop in 1940 was 2.3b
An estimated total of 70–​85 million people perished WW2
I answered this but not sure where the post went.

Noosard did hou consider both world wars were characterised by msss deaths? Average deaths per year over 10 years was 4M.

Average deaths per year for covid is 4M based on 2021 figures. Why did you quote 2020 figures? Covid wss just ramping up that year. Cherry picking I guess as you never respond to questions honestly, always avoiding or distorting.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 1, 2021, 8:02 am

WW! was 1914 -18 average yearly loss 5m
WW11 was 1939-45 average yearly loss 10m+
not sure where 10 years comes into

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 1, 2021, 8:14 am

noosard wrote:
July 1, 2021, 8:02 am
WW! was 1914 -18 average yearly loss 5m
WW11 was 1939-45 average yearly loss 10m+
not sure where 10 years comes into
If one war lasted for 4 years and one war lasted for 6 years, that is 10 years of war.

Average deaths per year for WW1 was 20M/4 years = $5M
Average deaths per year for WW2 was 20M/6 years = 3.3M
Combined for both wars 40M/10 years = 4M

You still have not explained why you chose 2020 figures for COVID, we all know that COVID ramped up after April and got rapidly worse and worse. Death toll for 1st half of 2021 exceeded all the deaths for the entirety of 2020 and is getting even worse.

You are being dishonest in your responses just as you were by cherry picking 2020 figures, why not pick 2019 0r 2018, just as irrelevant.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 1, 2021, 8:25 am

Correction, I made a mistake with WW2 figures, my apologies to all.

so combined 90 million dead over a period of 10 years

so 9M per year average for both wars, but Covid is still at least 4M per year. In both cases this is mass deaths.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 1, 2021, 10:35 am

As usual we are accepting the facts as disseminated by countries as to actual Deaths from Covid. I seem to remembner initially here they put it down to Pneumonia at first, then they changed how they reported it.
What they do not do which is bad is to state how many of those who die suffer from other underlying conditions which are also attacked by the virus or renders them more susceptible to the respiratory problems caused by the virus .
We all know the world is far unhealthier than it was even 30 years ago , Obesity and unfit people flourish with gay abandon, we all see it , even Thais are getting fatter ( including the children ) . People used to become sedentary in their old age are now sedentary in their Mid 30's and staying that way .
So anything that attacks ( as this virus does ) the respiratory system will incur higher damaging infections than before, we cannot then even begin to compare as the worlds population has changed dramatically with regards to health and fitness.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 1, 2021, 9:11 pm

Perhaps noosard will explain why he selected irrelevant 2020 figures to support his denial that covid has not resulted in mass deaths.

4 Million and counting. I ask for the umpteenth time, noosard, what is your definition of mass deaths? And please, spare us statistics on motorcycle deaths on Hwy 2, or Australia's death toll from flea infested bouncing marsupials.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 2, 2021, 6:48 am

So 2m deaths in 2020 are irrelevant please explain

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 2, 2021, 6:53 am

An estimated total of 70–85 million people perished, or about 3% of the 1940 world population during WW2
So as usual you have cherry picked your numbers
This 70-85m is just the first on google search for casualties

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 2, 2021, 7:03 am

noosard wrote:
July 2, 2021, 6:48 am
Are they purely deaths from Covid ( with no underlying serious health conditions ) or Deaths attributed to Covid as it attacked a weakened Immune system due to underlying health problems.
As we do not know the answer as to actual numbers being as a result of Covid ( any variant ) is at best ( although they died ) pure conjecture . True people have died now the hard work to allay fears, inform the public of the actual dangers of Covid ( any variant ) in normal reasonably healthy people begins, with a full and actual breakdown of deaths and their reasons. This would go someway to allay fears and allow people to make an informed decision, but what it would do is to remove the panic mode most Governments are using to justify their actions.
And alert those with health conditions to make decisions in order to protect themselves better.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » July 2, 2021, 7:41 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 2, 2021, 7:03 am
Are they purely deaths from Covid ( with no underlying serious health conditions ) or Deaths attributed to Covid as it attacked a weakened Immune system due to underlying health problems.
As we do not know the answer as to actual numbers being as a result of Covid ( any variant ) is at best ( although they died ) pure conjecture . True people have died now the hard work to allay fears, inform the public of the actual dangers of Covid ( any variant ) in normal reasonably healthy people begins, with a full and actual breakdown of deaths and their reasons. This would go someway to allay fears and allow people to make an informed decision, but what it would do is to remove the panic mode most Governments are using to justify their actions.
And alert those with health conditions to make decisions in order to protect themselves better.
exactly correct .

very different to die OF covid or WITH covid . some traffic fatalities and other deaths were classified as covid deaths whether the victim had symptoms or was asymptomatic . too many in government and in health areas have conflicts of interest with those producing vaccines etc . no one trusts the "experts" any more no matter who they are because they have been caught in lies or been inconsistent . fear is driving the information bus .
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 2, 2021, 8:07 am

noosard wrote:
July 2, 2021, 6:48 am
So now you are saying covid is relevant? This is despite all your ducking and weaving that it wss not a big deal.

Nothing more to post now. You have tied yourself up in knots very well.

Deceptive people do that.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 2, 2021, 11:06 am

One finds in fascinating what lies are being told. People dying in a traffic accident are classified as covid deaths. Not a shred of evidence, just a bald faced lie.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 2, 2021, 11:56 am

Ignore the debate as too whether someone died of Covid or with Covid. Look at excess deaths. This tells the real story, and it is worse than the reported Covid deaths. Unfortunately getting these figures globally is not easy, but some analysis is now becoming available.....

[/quote]Figure 6 shows the adjusted daily deaths for the world once reported deaths are multiplied by these estimated ratios for each location and week. Our analysis estimates that by May 13, 2021, the total number of COVID-19 deaths was 7.1 million, a figure that is more than two times higher than the reported number of deaths of 3.33 million.
[/quote]

http://www.healthdata.org/special-analy ... -19-deaths

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”